Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod creators should have all packs

Yes, as a good mod creator, you must have all packs or at least all EP and GP
It is bad a modder than say I only tested with GtW, or no tested with CaD

Comments

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    lol

really
    trying to shame people who do something in their spare time for free is going nowhere :joy:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2018
    One could take into consideration some modders can not afford to get the pack and/or life comes first before modding.

This is a hobby, not a job. (Well, besides the modders that have been trying to make a job out of it) I appreciate the modders that are around that do keep updating their mods so people can use it, but life calls for attention more so than this or some people just don't have an interest in the game anymore. It happens. So, I think it's kinda unfair to say others are bad modders just because of that. There are even some other modders that take some old unworking mods to update them if the modder has been gone for a very long time or just left the community all together.

You are free to donate to these modders (who take donations) that dedicate their time to making nice mods so they can buy the packs. :)
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Yes, as a good mod creator, you must have all packs or at least all EP and GP
    It is bad a modder than say I only tested with GtW, or no tested with CaD

I agree actually. It’s weird when I see a modder say they might not get a pack or they have to wait and see about getting it. I only feel that way though when I see that same modder has an active Patreon and are making money from it. Obviously if you’re making money, you should turn around and invest that money to make your business greater but clearly not everyone has a proper business model. And this stretches beyond just the Sims, I’m speaking in general as well, whatever the industry.

People who make no money from mods and who are not accepting any donations, I couldn’t care less if they have all packs or not.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • inochikageinochikage Posts: 19 Member
    As long as they aren't making serious enough money from making the mods (via patreon or what have you) I don't expect them to have all EPs. There's, what, close to 300 bucks worth of sims 4 stuff now?