Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most ANNOYING Sims 3 Trait! (In your opinion ;) )

Comments

• SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    edited February 2018
    Other (Please specify below)

@Sillyhartluv
    No sense of humor. I mean come on...I leave the sims alone for one second and everyone around that sim has passed out from boredom.
    you're kidding, passing out from boredom is such a funny thing to happen, i love that idea in TS3 :lol:

My sister and mom thought it was funny too. I admit it is very entertaining when witnessing it happen to other sims, but inadvertently inviting a sim with no sense of humor to a group outing of all celebrity sims has dire consequences. Namely two of the three sims who passed out were publicly disgraced and booed at for the next couple of days.
  • javertjavert Posts: 1 New Member
    I've used the nevernude trait a few times, it reminds me of Tobias Funke and that's ALWAYS a good thing.
  • saffiredragon9saffiredragon9 Posts: 16 Member
    About the only traits I try never to give my sims are brooding or unstable. Brooding because of the annoying social drops and the need to sit down and do nothing in random places. I had a brooding sim once sit down to contemplate the meaning of meaning in front of the door to the only bathroom.. and it took me a good while, and a few puddles to notice.
    Unstable because I always forget to send them to hospital and they end up losing the traits that I actually like ;)
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    I have to agree with @TreyNutz on the Irresistible trait. While I like the added interactions I HATE that every single freaking sim on the lot won't let my irresistable sim alone so that he/she can actually do what I want them to.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    gerefteast wrote: »
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I haven't played a Technophobe sim in an active family, but a long time ago I took an inactive family member to university and she turned out to have that trait. It was ... interesting. She couldn't raise fun by playing online social games on the tablet (my go-to between classes). She also would autonomously sabotage things around the dorm, which I thought was hilarious. I'n the right game with the right household that might be an interesting trait to play.
    Everyone who follows my updates at the What happened in your Sims 3 game today topic knows I have a technophobic sim in my current family...plus she works as a self-employed writer. I have no idea how much she hates her job :lol: Anyway I consider it ridiculous, not annoying. One of my favorite negative traits in TS3, along with the Childish and the Mean Spirited :wink:

There is a mod where they can use a notebook to write books . If you ever wanted to use it for a story c: i use it when I want them to write on the beach or festival
    Happy Simming!♥
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2018
    Dislikes Children
    I haven't played a Technophobe sim in an active family, but a long time ago I took an inactive family member to university and she turned out to have that trait. It was ... interesting. She couldn't raise fun by playing online social games on the tablet (my go-to between classes). She also would autonomously sabotage things around the dorm, which I thought was hilarious. I'n the right game with the right household that might be an interesting trait to play.
    Everyone who follows my updates at the What happened in your Sims 3 game today topic knows I have a technophobic sim in my current family...plus she works as a self-employed writer. I have no idea how much she hates her job :lol: Anyway I consider it ridiculous, not annoying. One of my favorite negative traits in TS3, along with the Childish and the Mean Spirited :wink:

There is a mod where they can use a notebook to write books . If you ever wanted to use it for a story c: i use it when I want them to write on the beach or festival
    Yup, I know about this mod, and a few weeks ago I considered downloading it. But actually it won't make a huge difference. Technophobe sims are spending more time on writing until they manage to finish the book, regardless of the item they're using for writing. They also learn the writing skill a bit slower than other sims. The only thing that would be different is their behavior, as they wouldn't scream and make disgruntled face expressions after each writing session. And as I said, I don't mind my sim's reactions to computers. She's my main source of funny screenshots :wink:

Plus, for those who don't like this trait because of lack of amusements for sims which have it: they don't mind the stereo turned on, and of course they can read books :smile:

EDIT: typo
    Post edited by gerefteast on
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    My vote goes to Schmoozer (Smoozer? Scmoozer?) because it's hard to spell and because it just feels so... Greasy.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    How do I hate thee, let me count the ways...

Frugal - let me stop whatever I am doing and go turn off some lights (and let's not get into The Clapper)
    Vehicle Enthusiast - not so much annoying as useless
    Photographer's Eye - again, not so much annoying as useless
    Technophobe - let's have problems with anything except pencil and paper
    Unstable - would probably like it better if I understood it better
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    marstinson wrote: »
    Unstable means their other traits are subject to change.

I posted this somewhere once, must have been at MTS. For the benefit (?) of those who haven't seen it, I want to know what happens when a sim only has one trait for whatever reason, and it's Unstable. That means their other traits will change. But their other traits will not change, because they have no other traits. Therefore, by definition they are Stable.

Contradiction? Sims are digital creatures, they cannot withstand contradictions. Will they disappear in a puff of logic?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited February 2018
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    My vote goes to Schmoozer (Smoozer? Scmoozer?) because it's hard to spell and because it just feels so... Greasy.

Lol, that's my most favorite trait in the game. Extra conversation options, plenty of flattering options for Snobs (which makes best friends with them quite easy) and a bonus to the 'suck up to boss' and 'hang with co-wokers' career tones. I have to be careful not to overuse the Schmoozer trait in my games.
    Dislikes Children
    igazor wrote: »
    marstinson wrote: »
    Unstable means their other traits are subject to change.

I posted this somewhere once, must have been at MTS. For the benefit (?) of those who haven't seen it, I want to know what happens when a sim only has one trait for whatever reason, and it's Unstable. That means their other traits will change. But their other traits will not change, because they have no other traits. Therefore, by definition they are Stable.

Contradiction? Sims are digital creatures, they cannot withstand contradictions. Will they disappear in a puff of logic?

That's...interesting :lol: If I only had the ITF expansion pack, I would try this idea out.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »

Lol, that's my most favorite trait in the game. Extra conversation options, plenty of flattering options for Snobs (which makes best friends with them quite easy) and a bonus to the 'suck up to boss' and 'hang with co-wokers' career tones. I have to be careful not to overuse the Schmoozer trait in my games.

I like schmoozer for my sims in the business career, as well as ambitious.
    edited February 2018
    I think perhaps at least one member here might want to look up the derivation and historical meanings of the world "schmooze." Yes it's spelled funny, after all it comes from the same wonderful language that gave us such words as schlemiel, bupkis, tchotchke (one of my favorites!), and chutzpah. I understand that not everyone was brought up hearing these words every day, but historically there really isn't anything "greasy" about it.

"The guests should be given time to schmooze in the Drawing Room before the host calls them to the dinner table." :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • zoesklair1631zoesklair1631 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think shy because it is so impossible to make friends...I mean of course being awkward and getting negative moodlets makes sense for a shy sim but when I played with a shy sim on her own for the first time, she'd spend ages talking to people and their relationship would go nowhere...kinda feels like that in real life hehe but in sims it's a bit sad to spend the rest of your days alone!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I think perhaps at least one member here might want to look up the derivation and historical meanings of the world "schmooze." Yes it's spelled funny, after all it comes from the same wonderful language that gave us such words as schlemiel, bupkis, tchotchke (one of my favorites!), and chutzpah. I understand that not everyone was brought up hearing these words every day, but historically there really isn't anything "greasy" about it.

"The guests should be given time to schmooze in the Drawing Room before the host calls them to the dinner table." :)

Are the guests by any chance smoozing with Schlomo, Moshe , Ida and Esther ? :p;)
    Dislikes Children
    Ida is a Germanic name as far as I know :wink:
    edited February 2018

Plenty of Jewish people named Ida. It was quite popular actually back in the earlier 1900's ;) There are allot of German who practice Judaism . I know i have a few Ida's on my tree
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Absent Minded
    I chose Absent Minded because I like to play families and need to trust my sims to do the things I tell them to because I always switch through all the family members to let them do different interactions. It's just annoying to see that the Absent Minded sim forgot what they were doing and I find them in the middle of nowhere.

Another honorable mention is the proper trait. A few sim days in, I questioned myself why I even bothered to give them an everyday outfit when in CAS, due to the fact that they wear their formal wear 24/7, with the only exceptions being when they sleep, go to work or shower :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member

Ah, never heard it in this context. It makes sense, but the word just brings up like a mental image of a car salesman or something similar.

My distaste for it probably comes from my distaste of being schmoozed in real life. No flattery, tell me the facts :p

My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
    edited February 2018
    Feel like I'm giving language lessons here. :p This wasn't a commonly heard conversation at dinner parties in everyone's house, at least a few decades ago?

"Oy gevalt, Ida you have a lot of chutzpah waltzing into the kitchen to tell us how to run things. But take that schlemiel of a husband of yours with the shpilkis in his genechtagazoink back into the Drawing Room to schmooze and admire the tchotchkes, or you will all get bupkis for dinner!"

Disclaimer 1: Bupkis means, literally, "nothing at all." Don't believe the web pages you may find that say it means goat droppings.
    Disclaimer 2: Genechtagazoink is not a real word, it was made up for Mike Myers and the Coffee Talk character he played on classic Saturday Night Live sketches.
    Disclaimer 3: I've never had a Drawing Room, ha growing up we were lucky to be able to fit more than two dinner guests into our small living room if we needed to without inducing claustrophobia.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Dislikes Children

Plenty of Jewish people named Ida. It was quite popular actually back in the earlier 1900's ;) There are allot of German who practice Judaism . I know i have a few Ida's on my tree
    Hah, my name is Ida :lol: Many people are telling me my name sounds pagan and actually there's no such name :lol:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @igazor Enjoyed the language lesson :) Although I do remember dinner parties from several decades ago, the only foreign words thrown into our conversations were Japanese and there was definitely no drawing room in my house! Most of the socializing was done in the kitchen or the back yard, depending on the number of guests. Having said that, I love the Schmoozer trait :)
    @gerefteast - Pleased to meet you. But those people don't know what they are talking about, of course. There was/is a lot of overlap between Germanic and Jewish names and words given the number of centuries that the populations have also overlapped. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Dislikes Children
    As far as I know, I'm named after some character from a book my mother read when she was expecting my birth :wink:

Okay, let's end this off topic lol
    edited February 2018

Hah, my name is Ida :lol: Many people are telling me my name sounds pagan and actually there's no such name :lol:

Awesome!. Who ever told you that needs to check the census in the USA. Im sure you will find plenty of Ida's on those census. ;) Just about everyone i know has an Ida on their family tree .

@igazor posted some of the Jewish Yiddish language which is a cross between German and Hebrew .

I met someone named Ina not to long ago. That name I had never heard before