Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most ANNOYING Sims 3 Trait! (In your opinion ;) )

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Other (Please specify below)
    I'd go with vehicle enthusiast.

It's just completely useless. A waste of a trait spot. Some of the other traits while I'm not fond of them (like grumpy, mean-spirited, lots of the negative ones), they can be alright once in a while they help create actual characters in your sims so it's not all the same thing. I randomize traits now (unless I need to make a very specific character) because I got bored of the same old thing all the time because that's all I did. So I don't mind some of those negative traits, they keep things interesting. But vehicle enthusiast just does nothing. It doesn't make a sim with an interesting personality, it contributes nothing to their character.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    I picked other. I don't like mean-spirited. :)

I'm right there with you. I find many traits useless but I can't stand mean-spirited.

Early on Jared and Connor where living with the Goths when my sim married Mortimer and she and her family moved in to the Goth mansion too. It was my first time playing with 8 in the household and was quite hectic. As the elders died off Mortimer and my sim started having kids. Connor's absent-mindedness was slightly annoying but when Jared started picking on the kids I grew to hate him and his meanness.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Vehicle Enthusiast. I never use it.
  • FreeasabirdFreeasabird Posts: 2 New Member
    Vegetarian (Nothing against those of you who are, I just prefer my sims not to be)
    Absent minded is a pretty stupid trait.
  • DampenedLeavesDampenedLeaves Posts: 26 Member
    Never Nude
    Never nude...I don't see the point in it. To be honest, Vehicle Enthusiast comes second. I had a sim based on a person in real life who was heavily into motorcycles so I thought that trait reflected him a little, but it didn't. It did nothing essentially. If I had ambitions maybe he could build a relationship with his motorbikes which would be pretty cool to be honest but apart from that, it was such a waste of a trait spot. I love the grumpy and childish traits, and I find it cute childish sims can play tag and stuff to be fair. I find a lot of traits (absent minded for instance) make the game harder which makes it more fun to me. Things like commitment issues and dislikes children can make legacies more challenging too (not that I have the attention span for legacies ha)
    tKtfnik.gif

She/Her
  • DampenedLeavesDampenedLeaves Posts: 26 Member
    Never Nude
    I also love the vegetarian trait. I'm a vegetarian and my favourite meal is halloumi and chips (vegetarian fish and chips) so the fact my sims can have that ingame is fantastic.
    tKtfnik.gif

She/Her
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Social Butterfly? That one?

Maybe because I am most definitely not a social butterfly in real life, and I cannot relate to my sims who are, lol.

I love the childish trait!! They make friends so quickly. And, ummm, I'm childish?
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »

Maybe because I am most definitely not a social butterfly in real life, and I cannot relate to my sims who are, lol.

I love the childish trait!! They make friends so quickly. And, ummm, I'm childish?

I like social butterfly. It fits very nicely for one sim that I sometimes play that is based on a real person. The sim gets a negative moodlet if they have not had a social interaction for a period of time. When they do socialize they get a positive moodlet - "it's all about me".

So social butterfly and loner are complete opposite traits.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Traits that comes specifically with EP/SP as Adventurous and Sailor. I avoid to use them at all because there is no beneficial to sims who never travels and never put a feet on a boat.
    At least for Adventurous the trait in itself is interesting it allows your sims bold to explore but except using it on WA world, there are no use. Same for Sailor except if you got a houseboat or if you don't use boat on your game , your sims doesn't care.

Am I the only one who complain sadly there is a lack of trait in sims 3 as Allergic to fur/can't stand pets or meat eater and others ahaha.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    edited February 2018
    cwaddell wrote: »
    Idontrcall wrote: »

I like social butterfly. It fits very nicely for one sim that I sometimes play that is based on a real person. The sim gets a negative moodlet if they have not had a social interaction for a period of time. When they do socialize they get a positive moodlet - "it's all about me".

So social butterfly and loner are complete opposite traits.

And if your sims is rather positive, Social Butterfly are the sweetest sims you ever created because if somebody is sad due to a fight, they are always here to calm down people and to bring smile . This trait isn't boring at all I love it so much. In addition, even if your sims is evil with this trait make sure they never forgot about you.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Technophobe probably, I hate the negative mood let when the telly is turned on.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Never Nude
    ZeeGee wrote: »

@ZeeGee Yeah, technophobe would've made my top 9 list actually had I remembered it...
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2018
    Never Nude
    I chose Never Nude because I don't feel that it adds anything to the game. I think it's a trait from a a TV show but if people don't watch the show, then would they get the joke?

I would have preferred a Prissy trait, where the Prissy Sim hits kissing Sims with their purse, like Mrs Crumplebottom :p (Guy Sims could just moan, if they didn't have a purse).
    edited February 2018
    emorrill wrote: »
    ZeeGee wrote: »

@ZeeGee Yeah, technophobe would've made my top 9 list actually had I remembered it...

I like the idea of this trait, in real life some people are truly Technophobe so I enjoy to get it in my game though it needs to be more deeper. This trait needs more emotions and more moodlets. My current avatar is Technophobe and I tried her to use the computer she does it after she got the bad moodlet. She used the computer without doing nothing.

One thing I notice that doesn't seem fine.

----
    Hot-headed sims crashed their heads in the keyboard hitting several times on it even if they aren't Technophobe as other traits and this is annoying me a lot because a such behaviour fits better Technophobe that Hot-Headed. Hot-Headed might fulminate using their Patience on a computer this is realistic. However knocking their head on the keyboard suits better Technophobe because it's a pain for them to use something against their own will.

I am hot-headed and sometimes yes I fulminate or loose my patience against slower connexions but I don't crash my head on so I hope Nrass will correct this.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Absent Minded
    Absent-minded is the only trait from the list I find annoying! Mean-spirited and evil are traits I never use, but they are character traits that are useful to have as a choice. Absent-minded is more of an obstacle to the player than a character trait.

Many of the traits from the list are not annoying to me at all - in fact, my simself is clumsy and vegetarian, just like my real self. :smiley:
  • TempurranceTempurrance Posts: 44 Member
    Never Nude
    I actually really like the grumpy trait because of the faces my sims make. In my favorite legacy it brought me much joy to see Ren making grumpy faces while holding his newborn son XD

goY2u3Cl.jpg
    Still can't find Waldo...
    Never Nude
    Yeah you all make some good points about most of the traits on the Top 9 list.

Many of the ones you mentioned (Other) I forgot about and would've added those to the Top 9 list. :p I just have the worst memory! Oh well.

This has been fun! :mrgreen:
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited February 2018
    Slob - they just gross with their flactuations :neutral: and they never pick up the dishes after they eat, someone always need to clean up after them.
    I use the neat trait quite a lot.

Also, I'm not a fan of the "Dislike children" because I like playing with big households, usually with a lot of kids/toddlers. So if a toddler cries and a sim like that picks him up he will get that annoying moodlet. I mean, just pick the toddler already so he'll stop cring!

I feel like i'm my sims' mother :lol: I like that they are disciplined without me telling them to do everything.

By the way I think the "never nude" trait is hilarious, but you should see "Arrested Developement" to get the joke, this trait and the charecter of Gobias Koffi are references from there.
    Never Nude
    Slob - they just gross with their flactuations :neutral: and they never pick up the dishes after they eat, someone always need to clean up after them.

Also, I'm not a fan of the "Dislike children" because I like playing with big households, usually with a lot of kids/toddlers. So if a toddler cries and a sim like that picks him up he will get that annoying moodlet. I mean, just pick the toddler already so he'll stop cring!

I feel like i'm my sims' mother :lol: I like that they are disciplined without me telling them to do everything.

@Avatarit My husband would agree with you about the Slob trait.

He has that issue where he absolutely cannot STAND hearing people chew, especially loudly! :worried: I mean, it is like nails on a chalkboard to him and when we had a child, it took every ounce of his energy not to lash out at her for eating with her mouth open because...you know, kids are learning. But yeah, he has a real issue with that. :flushed:

In bold: LOL! For real! That's how I feel sometimes! :lol:
    (And yes I use the Neat trait often, probably because I'm a fairly neat person myself. Although I have been known to leave dishes piling up in the sink for a few days! ;) I HATE doing the dishes! :confounded: )
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

@Avatarit My husband would agree with you about the Slob trait.

He has that issue where he absolutely cannot STAND hearing people chew, especially loudly! :worried: I mean, it is like nails on a chalkboard to him and when we had a child, it took every ounce of his energy not to lash out at her for eating with her mouth open because...you know, kids are learning. But yeah, he has a real issue with that. :flushed:

In bold: LOL! For real! That's how I feel sometimes! :lol:
    (And yes I use the Neat trait often, probably because I'm a fairly neat person myself. Although I have been known to leave dishes piling up in the sink for a few days! ;) I HATE doing the dishes! :confounded: )

:lol:

Yeah, I have a tendency to pile up dishes too, so if I can't cope with that in real life why should I cope with that in game? ;)
  • equiiaddictequiiaddict Posts: 24 Member
    I can't stand the Technophobe trait. Come on, who really despises technology so much that they'd refuse to watch TV or use a computer? They make life much easier (even in the Sims) and that trait is just a giant pain in the ***. The second most annoying one would be Never Nude for the same reasons OP stated.
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    Dislikes Children
    Dislikes children. I don't remember when I used this trait for the last time. A family with no children? No way. No matter if they are born in the family or adopted, it's always great to look at them growing up and the adults taking care of them.
    Another trait I don't like is the Grumpy (especially among younger sims. My sims' daughter got this trait when aging up into a child and it was so annoying for me to see her walking around with that awful face expression that I changed it to something more normal).
    Also, the Absent-Minded it's almost useless in a normal gameplay. Same with the Great Kisser and the Vehicle Enthusiast.
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    This poll has inspired me to make a Sim with the most useless/annoying traits and see how long it takes him to drive me batty.

@emorrill , I actually like Grumpy and Childish, Mortimer just wouldn’t be Mortimer without Grumpy, plus he has great expressions. Meggie is Childish and I find it adorable for her.

I dunno. I think a sim that was Grumpy and Childish would be difficult to pull off. ;)

The one I really hate the most is Insane. I just can't stand them changing clothes every 5 minutes. My second least favorite is Unflirty, it just makes it too hard to pull off a romance. And I will never again use Loner for a child or teen, but for some grownups it works pretty well. Just about every one of those on the poll I can live with. Some of them, I actually like playing.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member

Lol, I almost put Neat as the trait I'm most annoyed with. I've got a Neat teen in my current 24 sim household and it bugs me that he'll clean up the dishes after every meal. Leave.it.for.the.maid!

I like Slobs because they do what I tell them without adding in other time consuming actions like making the bed, washing hands, cleaning dishes, etc.

I haven't played a Technophobe sim in an active family, but a long time ago I took an inactive family member to university and she turned out to have that trait. It was ... interesting. She couldn't raise fun by playing online social games on the tablet (my go-to between classes). She also would autonomously sabotage things around the dorm, which I thought was hilarious. I'n the right game with the right household that might be an interesting trait to play.
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    Dislikes Children
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I haven't played a Technophobe sim in an active family, but a long time ago I took an inactive family member to university and she turned out to have that trait. It was ... interesting. She couldn't raise fun by playing online social games on the tablet (my go-to between classes). She also would autonomously sabotage things around the dorm, which I thought was hilarious. I'n the right game with the right household that might be an interesting trait to play.
    Everyone who follows my updates at the What happened in your Sims 3 game today topic knows I have a technophobic sim in my current family...plus she works as a self-employed writer. I have no idea how much she hates her job :lol: Anyway I consider it ridiculous, not annoying. One of my favorite negative traits in TS3, along with the Childish and the Mean Spirited :wink:
    understand the significance of the signatures