Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most ANNOYING Sims 3 Trait! (In your opinion ;) )

emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
Another poll! Yes, I know...but I think they are fun! :blush:

Which ONE trait do you find the most annoying in the Sims 3 for your sims to have?

I have created a list of the Top 9 Traits that I find the most annoying in the game and never give to my Sims (maybe on a very rare occasion when I'm creating a certain sim for a story). And I want to see how many people agree with me. ;)

#1 is the trait I really never ever ever give my Sims and that is Never Nude. (So that's my vote) Because c'mon, who showers with their clothes on and is honestly never nekkid in life? NO one! :p

Please specify which Trait you think is the most annoying that's not on the above list by voting #10 and commenting below. :)

Thanks! Let the fun begin! :grin:

Note: The opinions of others on these traits are not meant to offend in any way. It's just a way to have some humorous fun about a game. :) Let's keep it that way. Thanks. <3
52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

The Most ANNOYING Sims 3 Trait! (In your opinion ;) ) 212 votes

Never Nude
11%
Emily4331AthenaOnyxmonjr8302NaussekojranaemorrilljillbgPlumbobCrossingangelbillingtondogdancerTempurranceMadDoctor61Macaire13jordandKnippybunnybudewarmintretheraplushtrap_107DampenedLeavesTS1299 25 votes
Absent Minded
21%
Hejixcarlystur03alan650111PlayerSinger2010UmbralFlowerMagdaleenakellycot1OceanBeautyIItallcoolonebishtyTorieMissyHissyfxchrfxchrstarguruRockleyfamilybecomingjennKarritzSindocatStephStebwendelyne 46 votes
Childish
5%
EvalenCK213Kamb64alejandro15039icftldudaddybaby104211sof2106stepbot153RainingFaithsimms745Lamaaaay 11 votes
Clumsy
0%
duhboy2u2Olivesplum06 2 votes
Commitment Issues
7%
pisceschick75Colorist40DillynJamesChloeBeckitt60smusicluvrNinja-Dan22Sapphire268CXonor13Missa_SissaMinx11ccarrig_95RedestWorldSummerRoxyChi5678IVXXXVISimexpert123 16 votes
Snob
2%
luvdasims55spankenstein89graventheyoursharona34ShaThompcookie04x 6 votes
Grumpy
2%
KATENESSzagboorulesJoAnne65Internal_ChaosSimslover163GamingTweety 6 votes
Dislikes Children
8%
PeachesnDucksAnmirlakimieswildrosesKLAlexisPositivibeeilikethesims30tnb494FlyingDarkWingMarpoesjaSimmer2500KelvinSimtown15YuriTheCreatormikaxiaoisgerefteastSaintcdavidbowie 18 votes
Vegetarian (Nothing against those of you who are, I just prefer my sims not to be)
2%
EarcatMyrrhawalaydaywayNimiealexa426Freeasabird 6 votes
Other (Please specify below)
35%
IdontrcallsuzsesZhakiraPbklienhartGraceyManorRukola_SchaafaricaraiMamaSimTeePuddinroyAmphorathundrwilowrosedreamsong1968Cororondreamerz13JessabeansApparentlyAwesomeElanoreAlexandriaSillyhartluvMikezumiblazerntq 76 votes

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Absent Minded
    Sorry Connor it is the only trait of yours I despise!! Though I refuse to change his traits and have learned to live with it. <3 (that's true Simmy love)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Never Nude
    Sorry Connor it is the only trait of yours I despise!! Though I refuse to change his traits and have learned to live with it. <3 (that's true Simmy love)

@Charlottesmom Yes. Absent-minded gets to me bad because when I tell my sim to do something, I want them to DO IT! :p Not forget!
    Never Nude
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I don't like daredevil. The first sim I had that had it and saw them eat dirt I decided it was the most useless trait of all. Eating dirt is not a daredevil, hang gliding off a cliff, ballooning, sky diving etc is. Eating dirt should have been under childish.

LOL! :lol: Oh my goodness AMEN!

@bekkasan You make such a great point here! :grin:
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Absent Minded
    I almost voted for Grumpy, since its only effect in-game is to impart a daylong -20(?) moodlet for no apparent reason. But I'm a control freak in TS3, and the one thing I can't stand is planning entire sequences for my sims only to have them drop the entire queue without warning. I would be so upset to move the camera to check on someone else, only to return and see a sim that was supposed to be skilling (or eating, or maxing fun before work) instead staring off into space, or autonomously messing with an object (like a stove) that they have no business using. I can work around the other traits, annoying as they may be.

Btw I actually like the Snob trait for certain sims, although I inevitably move them out. They roll wishes to have 2/3/5/10 rich friends, which are quite valuable, and they're always eager for someone to paint a portrait of them, which is easy when I have a level 10 painter (in every game, sooner or later). I think the trait is fitting for a sim in the business career or the spouse of a rock star. Having said that, eventually I decide that they can be snobs somewhere besides my legacy house, and out they go.
    Never Nude
    @puzzlezaddict Ditto about the A-M trait! I am a control freak in the sims too. :p

I guess I never liked Snob because I don't like Snobs in real life! :lol:
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I'll agree that most of the traits you listed are most definitely annoying, although over time, I've kind of developed a soft spot for some childish and clumsy sims. The very first sim I think of though who annoyed me nearly to death had the irresistible trait. She kept me sooo busy trying to keep her from ruining other relationships - totally not worth the effort. Eventually, I had to give her a trait change to keep my own sanity.

I like these polls, too, and I didn't expect to. They've been a lot of fun so far.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    Absent Minded
    @emorrill Absent minded for sure. I once had an Investigator sim with this trait... worst combination ever! Never again lol.

Also Em I haven't read your second update yet, but from the looks of your new siggy it's going to be a good one! :grin::love:
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I'm not a big fan of Vehicle Enthusiast. I find it useless. There are quite a few I try to avoid.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Hydrophobic - seems like a total waste of a trait slot. It makes your Sims hate not only swimming, but also bathing. Even as a kid who didn’t like baths, I recognised that they were good for me, and without them I’d end up all stinky and that wouldn’t be good for anyone, least of all myself. But with this trait, the Sim will actually cry after bathing, which I find to be kinda ridiculous.

Unlike the Loves to Swim trait, which gives a boost to the Scuba Diving skill, a better chance of winning a fight with a shark, and a little positive moodlet while the Sim is swimming (which is great for the lifeguard career), the Hydrophobic trait gives no useful perks. To me, it doesn’t even seem like a trait that would give a Sim much personality. Therefore it stands as my choice for most annoying trait.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited February 2018
    Absent Minded
    This poll has inspired me to make a Sim with the most useless/annoying traits and see how long it takes him to drive me batty.

@emorrill , I actually like Grumpy and Childish, Mortimer just wouldn’t be Mortimer without Grumpy, plus he has great expressions. Meggie is Childish and I find it adorable for her.
  • SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    No sense of humor. I mean come on...I leave the sims alone for one second and everyone around that sim has passed out from boredom.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Irresistible. I think that's the trait which pushes random sims (particularly on community lots) to interrupt the sim's action queue and mob your sim with social interactions. Ok when I leave a sim on free will but annoying when I have things queue up for my sim to do.

OTOH, I haven't played an Absent-Minded sim in a long time. I don't remember it being annoying though, probably because I knew what to expect when I gave to the sim.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited February 2018
    hm ... i think i like them all, more or less

i use Never Nude very seldom but not really disliking it, i had some timid, shy sims which were never nude, i found it quite funny

i love literally Absent Minded, one of my first TS3 sims i made & liked to play a lot was an absent minded emo girl
    b55jz8.jpg
    2u3v0wp.jpg
    2m6tysh.jpg

many family fathers get Childish from me :lol:

i love Clumsy, in every sims game :love:

i use often Commitment Issues for all conflicted sims, currently i have one husband & family father in TS4 with this trait, it forces me as already in TS3 to come up with some background story which caused him to marry & have not only one but even two children :lol:

i like Snobs, materialistic & gourmets get the snobish trait from me often

Grumpy, many serious sims with lack of any humour are grumpy in my saves, already in TS2 :smile:

Dislikes Children, heh, evil, mean, disliking children & stealing candy from them - great combo :joy:
    or some grumpy mean old hags, like Ms Crumplebottom :joy:

the first sim i made in TS3 was Vegetarian, heck, i was a vegetarian for 15 years, so yep, i like that trait, makes sims life complicated, same as IRL :joy:
    pnm7r.jpg

i like especially the difficult traits, as i wrote already several times, my most beloved trait i use very often is Neurotic, it structures the life of such a sim & makes it happy with those little sorrows accompanied with wishes which are easily fulfilled

probably the many traits of TS3 is one of the reasons i like this game of all the sims games most, so much to choose from, just like all the opportunities to do something with life & all the wonderful worlds, personality of sims & personality of worlds
    even if the personality of TS3 sims doesn't go as deep as of the TS2 ones, i still love all those traits

so sorry
    don't have any traits i would trully dislike :blush:

@bekkasan
    i give Daredevil often either to rebels, free spirited, non commital sims or to adventurers
    also makes firefighters quite easy to play, if i want a quick game, with quick leveling in job then i make such firefighters :smile:
    2i8f4zk.jpg

there are several traits which i find rather cumbersome to play, not really disliking them but using them seldom because the life of such sims becomes easily rather a chore for me
    those traits are Avant Garde, Photographer's Eye, Brooding, Inappropriate, Irresistible, Loner, Party Animal, Proper, Shy, Social Butterfly, Socially Awkward, Kleptomaniac

& Hates the Outdoors is a very strange trait for me since one of my prefered activites in all TS3 games is jogging :joy:
    but still, i have several sims which got that trait because it makes sims different & that's what i like a lot :smile:

@Sillyhartluv
    No sense of humor. I mean come on...I leave the sims alone for one second and everyone around that sim has passed out from boredom.
    you're kidding, passing out from boredom is such a funny thing to happen, i love that idea in TS3 :lol:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    Never Nude
    @MamaSimTee Vehicle Enthusiast! Good golly I forgot about that one and YES! It IS useless imo too! :)

@TinySpaceFox Oh yeah! I remember seeing Gobias Koffi being hesitant to take a bath and crying afterward and I was like, "What the hey is your problem!?" Checked his traits and was like, Ohhhh. Lame! He was also a Never Nude one... :confounded:

@Charlottesmom I'd love to see the sim you create with all those annoying traits! :lol: I guess Childish isn't too terrible I just hate it when those kind of Sims drop whatever important thing they are doing just to go over to a mirror and make silly faces and bu'tt shaking movements at themselves!
    It's like ALL they ever want to do in my game!

Oh I forgot to mention I don't have all the EPs so... Some traits I might've put on the list had I known about them, but don't. :blush:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I'll have to think about this for a bit. There are traits that I don't use not because they are annoying but because I simply don't see the point in them, like vehicle enthusiast or never nude. There are other traits that I don't use just because I like my sims to live calm, happy lives. I check the sims in town on every birthday to ensure no bad traits sneak through to upset my sims. I have never played an Avant Garde sim but I have had one in the household who I wasn't controlling and I did find that annoying but he had other bad traits that could have contributed.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I picked other. I don't like mean-spirited. :)
    :) Smile!

edited February 2018
    Never Nude
    @Mikezumi I had a feeling you didn't like the Never Nude trait. :p

;)

@Puddinroy Honestly, I don't care for that one either.
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Mikezumi I had a feeling you didn't like the Never Nude trait. :p

;)

I don't know what you're implying. My sims might not have shirts but are otherwise dressed. :/
    Never Nude
    Mikezumi wrote: »

I don't know what you're implying. My sims might not have shirts but are otherwise dressed. :/

@Mikezumi I mean I know how much your sims like to woohoo and make pretty children and...you can't do that with clothes on. :p
    But I guess in the sims they can still woohoo if they have the Never Nude trait huh? :confused:
    Sorry, I was just being silly. <3
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Absent Minded
    Well see @emorrill now you've brought up an interesting question. I think we can all say that a woohoo in a bed or hot tub involves no clothing at all... but what about the other places? If you're in public, you probably want to be as, um, efficient as possible, so maybe there's more strategy involved? I'm thinking about an elevator door opening suddenly, or maybe someone starts to wonder why the photo booth seems to be moving on its own. I mean, you might need to vacate the premises on short notice, and as funny as it might be to see a guy take off running across the park with his pants in one hand and his shoes in the other, that's probably not a thing the kids should be seeing at the Spooky Day festival.

Which brings up another point: What happens when your kid comes out to the treehouse to ask when you're making dinner?
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'm not a fan of the Can't Stand Art trait. Who doesn't like art for Pete's sake?
    Never Nude
    aricarai wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the Can't Stand Art trait. Who doesn't like art for Pete's sake?

@aricarai Have totally thought the same myself. ;)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Technophobe... Absent-Minded a close second.

I don't go out of my way to have sims avoid technology. The next heir in my legacy family was born with the Absent-Minded trait. I only find it annoying since I'm a player who likes constant control so I often line up actions for all sims.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    I guess I would have to go with Inappropriate. I never have sims with that trait in my household or, indeed, my towns these days but in my early days of playing I remember an inappropriate sim kissing my sim, a total stranger, in a bar. This was before I knew much about my mod settings and before I had no romance on kissing and I was totally disgusted that this ugly sim was suddenly a romantic interest.

I also found the childish trait annoying before I used Retuner to stop autonomous tag. I only let my kids play tag.