Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

>The Dark and Stormy Reading Circle<

Comments

• LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    Hey everyone :) I’m LillyDove and I write the Bay Family Chronicles. It’s not a short one but the chapters aren’t that long and I hope everyone gets past the rough parts of the story lol

Thanks @Acarb90 thanks for making me an exception :)

Hi @LillyDoves nice to see you here. I've actually recently started the Bay Family Chronicles and am really enjoying it so far. :) I've only not commented because I usually comment when I'm closer to the latest post, but I am very excited to be able to discuss this story with you. XD

I’m really glad to hear that you are enjoying it :) I definitely enjoyed writing it so far. I will catch up with your story likely in the next few days when I have spring break. I’m really excited to be apart of this circle!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey @LillyDoves !! I'm already a long time reader of your story so happy welcome you!!!
    @Bugsie2016 Yes :) and thanks I look forward to getting caught up with your story.

There should be a new chapter or two today or tomorrow. It depends entirely on how much work for my classes I have. I will also work on getting caught up on all your stories these next couple of days as well.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    @Bugsie2016 Yes :) and thanks I look forward to getting caught up with your story.

There should be a new chapter or two today or tomorrow. It depends entirely on how much work for my classes I have. I will also work on getting caught up on all your stories these next couple of days as well.

Looking forward to it. I just noticed grammar didn't happen when I posted last. Great...probably because I'd just woken up. It was 6 in the morning.. XD
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Looking forward to it. I just noticed grammar didn't happen when I posted last. Great...probably because I'd just woken up. It was 6 in the morning.. XD

That’s okay! Happens to me all the time lol

And I am working on taking screen shots for today’s chapter!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic

That’s okay! Happens to me all the time lol

And I am working on taking screen shots for today’s chapter!

Yay! Looking forward to reading it. I'm working on this weekend's PTLT chapter right now. I have a bunch of drafts ready so it's a matter of writing in the missing pieces. I'm looking forward to this one. :)
    Is it a bird? A plane? Superman? Nope! It's a new chapter!

Enjoy Little Sister
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    Dropping of these two chapters (it's two halves of one as it was too long altogether)
    Chapter 7 & Chapter 8
    Pic for this chapter under spoiler. :)
    Wh54aywl.png
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi, so just read the rules again on the first page of the thread, and it says that we can discuss stories as updates occur, so here's my thoughts on the updates. :)

@Acarb90 your latest chapter was heartbreakingly uplifting.
    I am so glad that Lola got the support she needed.
    I love how you structure your story. We get to see all the characters from different points of views, depending on whose narrating.
    Question: How did you come to the decision to structure your story that way?

@LillyDoves I haven't caught up with your story yet, but I'm currently on chapter 1.17. Isobel's a fascinating character. I love how you didn't show her toddlerhood with her being perfect all the time. She was a right bossyboots, but I thought she was great too. XD
    poor Hayden though. I wonder what Seth's game is?

@Bugsie2016 Thanks for the double dose of PTLT. :) I feel pretty confident that Xander and Melete will make a good couple.
    I have a feeling they do too, even if Xander won't admit it. XD
  • Valpre1983Valpre1983 Posts: 889 Member
    Hi There, I'd like to join your reading circle if there's still a spot available. I'm currently writing The Wilds, a plot driven series illustrated using TS4.
    the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    @Valpre1983 of course!! I love the way your story looks! :)

@simscognito im a tv drama junkie and i was always annoyed with the fact that theres no shows out focusing on a group of 20-somethings in a realistic way(aside from melrose place from the 90s :lol: )

I got the idea of different povs from a show called skins(each episode focuses on one character)
    THIRTYT(2).png
    edited March 2018
    Hey @Acarb90 ! How's your day going? I've actually gotten the next PTLT chapter done today for next weekend. :)
    Hey @Acarb90 ! How's your day going? I've actually gotten the next PTLT chapter done today for next weekend. :)

Yayyy!!! So excited!!!! :smiley:
    Acarb90 wrote: »

@simscognito im a tv drama junkie and i was always annoyed with the fact that theres no shows out focusing on a group of 20-somethings in a realistic way(aside from melrose place from the 90s :lol: )

I got the idea of different povs from a show called skins(each episode focuses on one character)

That's super interesting @Acarb90 . I have to say your characters do feel very believeable and I love how there's so much unconditional love.
    I've not watched Skins, but I do like the differing POV technique.
    Valpre1983 wrote: »
    Hi There, I'd like to join your reading circle if there's still a spot available. I'm currently writing The Wilds, a plot driven series illustrated using TS4.

Hi @Valpre1983 welcome to the reading circle. I just started your story last night. Planning to finish it in the next couple of days. I love your screenshots. How much time do you spend on them?
    Yay!

We are now full :) I removed megalodon since they havn't been active so I'm assuming they are no longer interested? (if you are, please just let me know! I will put you back in :) )

I have a day off tomorrow so I am going to make it my mission on completing everyone's story. I actually had a pretty busy weekend for once. I went out last night(for the first time in forever) and uh.....well let's just say I don't remember much xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
    Yay!

We are now full :) I removed megalodon since they havn't been active so I'm assuming they are no longer interested? (if you are, please just let me know! I will put you back in :) )

I have a day off tomorrow so I am going to make it my mission on completing everyone's story. I actually had a pretty busy weekend for once. I went out last night(for the first time in forever) and uh.....well let's just say I don't remember much xD

Been there done that! I bet it was great!

I should be able to catch up with everyone’s story tomorrow and probably have a new chapter of my story up tomorrow as well. Anyone know any good drunk passed out poses?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic

It can certainly take a toll on you hahaha

And thank you!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic

OMG! I've actually read metro before the reboot and you read mine and commented, I think on the first chapter. For some reason even though I'm following your story, I'm not getting any notifications about new updates, and I think that's how I lost touch with your story.

I've spent the whole afternoon catching up though. I loved every bit of the reboot. I loved the first one of course, but the reboot is absolutely stunning. Don't get frightened when you see all my comments. I love leaving comments, and getting them too, I feel they give writers the encouragement they need to keep writing. But if they become too much, happy to just leave the occassional one here and there.

All caught up, can't wait for the finale...

the-wilds2-1.jpg

Hi @Valpre1983 welcome to the reading circle. I just started your story last night. Planning to finish it in the next couple of days. I love your screenshots. How much time do you spend on them?

@simscognito, thanks so much for giving it a chance. I've started yours too, plan to catch up over the new few days. I'm so lazy with screenshots to be honest, and I think that's why I'm so slow in updating. I usually spend a Saturday afternoon dedicated to them. It doesn't help that I'm still getting used to the poser player and posing in TS4. If only EA could make MOO work on sims, that would cut out on the amount of time I put into the updates.
    the-wilds2-1.jpg

Welcome!!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    @Valpre1983 !!! I adore your comments :smiley: you are really great with words and they pretty much made my morning. Cant wait to catch up on your story!
    THIRTYT(2).png
    So i was searching up ways to make a nightclub looked packed with people and I found this thread on reddit:

https://reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/3wfwl4/but_seriously_ts4s_ability_to_simulate_a_large/#bottom-comments

:D:D:D the comments!

No but seriously, I desperately need to do a nightclub scene for my next chapter(Finally showing Noel as a DJ!) and it would look lame with 8 people in the crowd. Anyone got any tips?
    THIRTYT(2).png