Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selvadorada Hype Thread [image heavy!]

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I know fully functioning jungle animals is a tall order for a GP, so I'm just hoping they look decent if there are any. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm wondering how much of the jungle shown in the teaser is actually explorable, as opposed to being a backdrop. I'm still excited, though. :)

And the whole jungle aesthetic is giving me an Uncharted 1 vibe, which is great. :D

I'm hoping the jungle will be at least as big as GF, so that will be a lot of jungle to explore.

And FX animals are best viewed from a distance. They really aren't meant to be zoomed in on. Hopefully the spiders will be all too real.

They did a pretty good job with the fx Sims in the backgrounds of San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay, although they are EP worlds so probably have more of a budget for fx. I'd be happy with static images just hidden amongst the trees.

I wish old worlds would be updated with the new tricks they're pulling, like Districts that make the world easier to interact with.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Wow, from the trailer I can see that we can bring a skeleton at home like brunehilde!!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Here it is for those who haven't seen it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTgUlEZqgk
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Well we have tropical birds at least!

4.jpg
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ...took me a bit to realize there were multiple birds here. the (at least) three green ones are a fair bit harder to spot than the blue one near the center
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    ...took me a bit to realize there were multiple birds here. the (at least) three green ones are a fair bit harder to spot than the blue one near the center

Four green, one blue. This tells me it will "feel" like a jungle.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm absolutely in love with it all, but sheesh it's going to play merry havoc with my (still in the works) botanical garden that is trying to have absolutely every plant (both harvestable and not) in it in quasi-distinct little biomes that blend into each other in a way that makes sense. it's already been difficult trying to squeeze everything already in the game into a 64x64, but all the new jungle stuff... think it needs a bigger lot now
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018

4.jpg

If you pay close attention, it seems we are getting yet another pee bush. On the lower right corner.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

4.jpg

If you pay close attention, it seems we are getting yet another pee bush.

Is it a poisonous pee bush?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

4.jpg

I think it's just a normal pee bush xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

4.jpg

Well that's just lame. Who would want to pee in just a normal pee bush? Getting bad rashes in their regions is all the rage these days!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i'm absolutely in love with it all, but sheesh it's going to play merry havoc with my (still in the works) botanical garden that is trying to have absolutely every plant (both harvestable and not) in it in quasi-distinct little biomes that blend into each other in a way that makes sense. it's already been difficult trying to squeeze everything already in the game into a 64x64, but all the new jungle stuff... think it needs a bigger lot now

That sounds awesome! I'd love to see it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

4.jpg

If you pay close attention, it seems we are getting yet another pee bush. On the lower right corner.

Might not be a pee bush, the bush of the same style in C&D is only for pets, so maybe it plays a different role. I’d think they’d keep the pee bush gameplay exclusive to GT, but could be wrong!
    edited February 2018

4.jpg

Might not be a pee bush, the bush of the same style in C&D is only for pets, so maybe it plays a different role. I’d think they’d keep the pee bush gameplay exclusive to GT, but could be wrong!

I'd actually prefer that. I thought the bush on the C&D EP was for sims too, I guess thankfully I was wrong. But it does look like one so idk.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018

4.jpg

I laughed far harder at this then I probably should have lol.
    ~ ~ ~

4.jpg

I'd actually prefer that. I actually thought the bush on the C&D EP was for sims too, thankfully I was wrong. But it does look like one so idk.

In a tweet a guru said that you an bring your pets along so it's possible it might be a pet bush that would give them something pet specific to explore. I honestly would rather them reuse the pee bush then have to stick a bathroom somewhere where it doesn't make sense or have to let my sim wet themselves/be embarrassed/possibly mortified.
    ~ ~ ~
    3KNPen wrote: »

4.jpg

I'd actually prefer that. I actually thought the bush on the C&D EP was for sims too, thankfully I was wrong. But it does look like one so idk.

In a tweet a guru said that you an bring your pets along so it's possible it might be a pet bush that would give them something pet specific to explore. I honestly would rather them reuse the pee bush then have to stick a bathroom somewhere where it doesn't make sense or have to let my sim wet themselves/be embarrassed/possibly mortified.

What's wrong with wetting yourself in the jungle? Least it's outdoors and no one will possibly know.

4.jpg

What's wrong with wetting yourself in the jungle? Least it's outdoors and no one will possibly know.

Well I'd rather not have a Sim die of embarrassment while on vacation. Not when there are probably (hopefully) other more interesting ways to potentially die instead ;-)
    ~ ~ ~
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

4.jpg

At least you have the shower in a bottle to help take care of that xD
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

4.jpg

Maybe a new type of woohoo bush.

4.jpg

True but we can always edit this world and place the woohoo/pee bushes from Get Together in the lots in this new world.
    Marnetti wrote: »

4.jpg

At least you have the shower in a bottle to help take care of that xD

Or the outdoor showers from outdoor retreat which you can place there when you edit the world.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why are you people fixated on a pee bush? When they were released, a lot of people thought they were ridiculous, now everybody wants a new one. I think some of you can't see the jungle for the pee bush.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'd like to see the temple and what the jungle has to offer for game play so I'm pretty ecstatic for this pack.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios