Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to Work Expansion Pack

Comments

• xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    > @Sipop said:
    > :/ Nope. I only see the three premade retail stores that are already placed. And one empty lot.
    > Nothing in library
    I think that’s correct. At least it’s what the internet told me lol.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    > @Sipop said:
    > :/ Nope. I only see the three premade retail stores that are already placed. And one empty lot.
    > Nothing in library

I can confirm it's 3 stores and 1 empty lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I wish it came with pre-made lots and families for the library. :(
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    > @Sipop said:
    > Nothing in library

Its times like this we really do need the gallery.

Only 3 lots. If we want more we have to build them.

I feel sorry for people who struggle to build.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Or people who don't have much time to spend on building. Sighs
    [
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    LOW wrote: »
    For thoes who have the EP can you selk the wishing wells in your retail stores?

You might be able to set wishing wells for sale. I haven’t tried it on the PC version, but I believe you can set the larger fountain (also from the RGS pack) for sale so I imagine you should be able to with the wishing well.
    Just downloaded Get To Work. I am building my sim a coffee shop/bakery in Newcrest right now using new stuff from the expansion pack, enjoying it so much! Love the expansion pack! <3
  • simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member

You might be able to set wishing wells for sale. I haven’t tried it on the PC version, but I believe you can set the larger fountain (also from the RGS pack) for sale so I imagine you should be able to with the wishing well.

What pack did the wishing well come in? I haven't seen the wishing well.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    simoleanj wrote: »

What pack did the wishing well come in? I haven't seen the wishing well.

The Romantic Garden Stuff Pack
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    > @Sipop said:
    > Nothing in library

I agree I can't build and that feels like a wasted EP if I can't make it the way I want it because there is no gallery.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • johnvincent0021johnvincent0021 Posts: 15 Member
    it costs so much on console but on pc, it is 60% off
    so not fair
    so disappointing
    they should release packs faster
    can someone nice enough game share with me on Xbox one if you have Get to work expansion pack
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited March 2018
    so not fair
    so disappointing

Get to Work has been out for years on PC. Maybe that's why it's on sale? I'm sure the console version of Get to Work will go on sale in the future. :)
    He/Him
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited March 2018
    can someone nice enough game share with me on Xbox one if you have Get to work expansion pack
    I'm not trying to be rude in any way when I say this, but I doubt anyone is going to gameshare.
    He/Him
    > @ironknight35 said:
    > johnvincent0021 wrote: »
    >
    > can someone nice enough game share with me on Xbox one if you have Get to work expansion pack
    > I'm not trying to be rude in any way when I say this, but I doubt anyone is going to gameshare.
  • Rockstar042189Rockstar042189 Posts: 7 New Member
    Its good
    So the Sim who I had planned on becoming a detective, finally became a young adult last night and started the detective career. I like the concept, except I found it difficult to complete the tasks on time. I couldn't find the clues around the crime scene, and when 5:00pm hits, work is over. There is no overtime in this game. None. Crime solved or not, you're off for the day.

Another thing I found strange is the pay. It says my Sim should make $20/hr, yet I was only paid $27 for the entire day. It seems like you get paid based on how many of the tasks you accomplish. If that is the case, then why does it quote an hourly rate?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do not keep up with the console version no more because I hate using the controller and waiting for MS to add KB/Mouse function to the Xbox One which I hear may be in an upcoming patch.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    So the Sim who I had planned on becoming a detective, finally became a young adult last night and started the detective career. I like the concept, except I found it difficult to complete the tasks on time. I couldn't find the clues around the crime scene, and when 5:00pm hits, work is over. There is no overtime in this game. None. Crime solved or not, you're off for the day.

Another thing I found strange is the pay. It says my Sim should make $20/hr, yet I was only paid $27 for the entire day. It seems like you get paid based on how many of the tasks you accomplish. If that is the case, then why does it quote an hourly rate?

Yea I think it does depend on how well your sim performs task wise for the day and not just your sim being at work for so many hours a day. The detective career can be a tricky one but it's super rewarding as you go through the promotions. If you hit the timer icon that shows you how long of the day you have left it will give you an option to stay late at work and that then extends the time you have left for that day at work. Also don't forget to scan each room at the crime scene, if you click on the floor it will give you an option to search i think.

Yea I think it does depend on how well your sim performs task wise for the day and not just your sim being at work for so many hours a day. The detective career can be a tricky one but it's super rewarding as you go through the promotions. If you hit the timer icon that shows you how long of the day you have left it will give you an option to stay late at work and that then extends the time you have left for that day at work. Also don't forget to scan each room at the crime scene, if you click on the floor it will give you an option to search i think.

Thanks for the tips! I didn't realize we could extend the time at work. That's very helpful. Yesterday I was interrogating a suspect and just received the option to have her confess. She was in the middle of the confession when it hit 5:00 and my Sim was done. walked out in the middle of the suspect's confession. She went home and called her boyfriend. Priorities.
    marcel21 wrote: »
    > @Sipop said:
    > Nothing in library

I agree I can't build and that feels like a wasted EP if I can't make it the way I want it because there is no gallery.

I know right.
    They are apparently looking into including the gallery.
    I hope so for all our sakes.
    Its just not the same without it.
    I miss building and uploading. I miss other peoples builds to. As premades are so bland and boring compared to the community's.

Retail so needs updating in the types of stores available :(
    Hopefully they will figure out what to do about the gallery for console.

I love the bakery and the three careers anyway so the packs not a complete waste. I would still like to not have to build everything.

edited March 2018
    so not fair
    so disappointing

To be fair they have only just released it on console.
    Its been out for three years on PC.
    Finally after all these years they are making PC packs work for console.
    Give it time. I got the bundle on sale.
    I would like them to release more quickly, but honestly so far they have released them quickly.

City living
    Get to work

Vampire
    Dine out

Perfect pattio
    Cool kitchen
    Vintage glamor
    Romantic garden
    Luxury party

That's not bad.

Just invited my detective sim’s chief to house for party, and he is a kleptomaniac, who knows!