Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can deal with this glitch?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 2
I am playing a game save (in Belladonna), and I am playing the different premade households. I have came to the Green household, and they have adopted a cat. Anyways, I went ahead and set up their home for this new family member. I then took them to the pet store to get a collar for their new cat. This was when things started to go haywire. All of a sudden every thing stopped, except for the cat. It was doing this weird side to side (really fast) movement. I was able to exit out to town mode, and I went back into the Green household again. A few seconds after getting into the home, the same glitch started up again. So I left and come back again, and again it started up. So the fourth time I attempted to go in, I paused the game before the glitch started, and clicked on the cat, instead of having the pet interactions, I had the human interactions, such as hug, entertain, talk and so on.

I have attempted to reset the cat, but it didn't work, that turned into a bigger mess. Ended up having to do the delete cat (not the permanent delete), because it caused a continuous error loop. I do have other households that also have pets, and they are working just fine (no glitches). Even after that, there was no differences.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can deal with this glitch?

Comments

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Unfortunately, a pet with human interaction options is a potential sign of corruption.

Do you have any mods related to pets?
    Have you ever deleted a gravestone?
    Is your game patched?

This said, I don't know what potential corruption bits are already included in Beladonna Cove: older neighborhoods often have corruption lurking, but by Apartment Life the developers had learned not to do things like give dead sims death tokens, etc. (Though there's still a lot of ancestral sims that don't have any physical presence in the neighborhood, which is... probably not good.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Ya I agree it sounds like corruption. It may not be your whole neighborhood though, it is possible the corruption is isolated on that lot. Maybe try moving them to another lot and see if it is still happening.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    My game is patched, and I haven't deleted any gravestones. I'll have to get in and check about the mods to pets (I don't think I do, but I'll check). I went ahead and started a fresh game, but still see some pets are showing up with that glitch. I go ahead and exit out (no saving), and go back it. It will spawn a new pet without the glitch the next time around.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    My game is patched, and I haven't deleted any gravestones. I'll have to get in and check about the mods to pets (I don't think I do, but I'll check). I went ahead and started a fresh game, but still see some pets are showing up with that glitch. I go ahead and exit out (no saving), and go back it. It will spawn a new pet without the glitch the next time around.

Did you start a new neighborhood or a new lot?
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

You started a fresh game and still have the error? Like a whole new neighborhood? If that is the case it is something in your downloads folder. The mod may not even be specifically for pets, it may just effect them for some reason. You should try the 50/50 method. Split up your CC and mods and put in half and see if the issue still presents itself. If it doesn't take that half out and try the other half. Once you find the half that has issues (if it is a mod issue) split that half in half and just keep doing this until you weed out the culprit.

Di it in a test neighborhood, that way if you pull out a piece of CC that you are using it won't be replaced with something else.
    JULES1111 wrote: »

You started a fresh game and still have the error? Like a whole new neighborhood? If that is the case it is something in your downloads folder. The mod may not even be specifically for pets, it may just effect them for some reason. You should try the 50/50 method. Split up your CC and mods and put in half and see if the issue still presents itself. If it doesn't take that half out and try the other half. Once you find the half that has issues (if it is a mod issue) split that half in half and just keep doing this until you weed out the culprit.

Di it in a test neighborhood, that way if you pull out a piece of CC that you are using it won't be replaced with something else.

Related: do not pull any mods that you have that relate to custom foods or that create custom memories to do the 50/50 method. This causes shredded sim data if you play a neighborhood without that mod in and the game can't find that food or memory. (Foods are stored as "favorites" so that your sim will order them automatically at restaurants when not playable.)
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Related: do not pull any mods that you have that relate to custom foods or that create custom memories to do the 50/50 method. This causes shredded sim data if you play a neighborhood without that mod in and the game can't find that food or memory. (Foods are stored as "favorites" so that your sim will order them automatically at restaurants when not playable.)

Or at least don't play any neighborhood that you wouldn't want to lose if you think that one of those mods may be the culprit. At least without a back up that you can put back in if those mods aren't the problem.
  • spoopyspoopy Posts: 21 New Member
    thats rly weird