Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unfollow certain threads

You know what would be nice, is we can unfollow certain threads cause some are just too active and they spam my notifications
yondu-guardians1.jpg
over here i post my cc
new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
you may know me as g1g2

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    @husseinandali You can unfollow the threads you get notifications for you (you had to follow them to get the Notifs at all but I find it can be quite easy to accidentally follow threads when I'm viewing the forum on mobile).

This can be done one of two ways. If you have the thread open scroll to the top of whatever page you're on and you'll see a small star shape on the top of the page next to the page numbers. It will probably be yellow indicating that you've followed the thread and when you hover over it will say "Unbookmark" Just click the star again and you will unfollow the thread and no longer receive any notifications for it.

The second way to do this is go to the thread listing of whatever category the discussion thread is in and there will also be a star next to the title of the thread in the list. It will again be yellow to indicate that you're following the thread just click it you'll unfollow the thread and again won't receive any notifications from it.

You will still get a notification on a more thread if people @ you by name or if people are quoting something where people have @'d you. Best thing to do in those situations is to nicely as people to delete the @ sign next to your name the next time they quote the post or someone else who has that part of the post quoted.
    ~ ~ ~
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Well i use the notification for threads i respond to, but i like these feature and don't wont to deactivate it. But there is some threads that i commented in long time ago that keep giving notification "what did you do in your sims 3 today"
    For example im way out of sync and have no intrest in looking at it

So it would be nice to be able to unfollow a certain thread instead of disabling the full feature
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think the easier way this could have been done was to instead check the box where you'd get notifs for threads you've bookmarked instead of the other option. That way only threads you took particular interest in at the time and bookmarked you'll receive notifs from, and if you no longer find interest in that thread you could simply remove the bookmark. Of course this could have been done long ago when you first started on the forum so it's a little too late probably to switch.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    okay so i decided to tick "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." off
    the notification button now only show other notification 9as in the nb of notification) but once i click on the notification button it show them as if they are not ticked off and the actual notifications are lost between them.
    @EA_Mage help!

as you can see in pic those are all threads i commented in and should not be appearing to me anymore :relaxed:
    JJFJwWm.png
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @husseinandali
    I am not sure I fully understand the issue, but the notifications drop down menu will always show the last 5 notifications when clicked on even if you have read all of them.

Thanks,
    -Mage
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    @husseinandali
    I am not sure I fully understand the issue, but the notifications drop down menu will always show the last 5 notifications when clicked on even if you have read all of them.

Thanks,
    -Mage
    @EA_Mage
    the notifications drop down menu is showing notifications as if i have "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." enabled, when i dont have it enabled anymore
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Thank you for the clarification @husseinandali .

That seems very strange! We had the opposite problem just recently, so it could be linked.

I'll do my best to look into this and I'll update this thread as soon as I learn more.

Thanks,
    -Mage