Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Options
    hellishhellish Posts: 7 New Member
    I would really appreciate if someone were to address the random jogging of my restaurant patrons and/or staff. It's kind of annoying.

Also, can we get a saxophone added as a musical instrument? Also, where's the pool tables at?

Thanks.
  • Options
    fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    edited March 2018
    -I would love to see more realism when it comes to sims interacting with one another. When they have a cloud-shrouded fist fight and then stand up and start talking to one another like best friends immediately after, it kind of breaks my immersion.
    -I would like to be able to place my baby in a stroller and take it for a walk.
    -I wish ghosts were a little scarier and they didn't have to go to the bathroom...I mean really, my ghosts have to pee?
    -I would like to see more interactions between toddlers and children and more interactions for children with children... Example. Playing tag or peek a boo with one another.
    -I wish dogs could sleep on beds.
    -I would like to feed my fish and tap on the aquarium
    -I would like to be able to feed my frogs and hold them
    -Play frisbee, tennis
    -Beer pong
    -unicorn costume
    -Games for kids... Hide and seek, cops and robbers, jump rope, tag, hopscotch
    -Playground equipment. Slide, swings, climbing wall
    -cats can interact with the bird feeder, at least sit and watch the birds
    -cockroaches
    -solar panels

Post edited by fairymama47 on
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    game outfits should not be restricted for opposite gender and/or frame. like the base game body lingerie with the garters, they're restricted for male, as well as a base game shirt with puff sleeves, and some full body swimsuits. I eventually made an override for them when I started modding, but I mean... we shouldn't have to.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    - More supernatural life states (Fairies, witches, werewolves, proper plant sims, mermaids, etc)
    - Firefighters, police, burglars (with a method to turn this off, or an item that keeps burglars away from certain lots because I know there are people that don't want that)
    - An actual eco living stuff pack with solar panels, canning, composting toilets, windmills, some farm animals, more crops, total self sufficient, off the grid living
    - More dangerous, grungy stuff.
    - Weather and festivals and meaningful seasons
    - Private schools, university
    - I would love more landscaping options. More flowers, bushes, rocks of different shapes and sizes.
    - Babies to be life states instead of objects. Toddlers are so, so good. Babies could be just as great.
    - More random danger, again with a toggle or some object to place on lots that stops that danger from happening.
    - Build objects for different eras: victorian, medieval, etc. Torches instead of lights, more candle options.
    - I miss horses and the random unicorn
    - Color wheel. Even if we can't get full on CASt, a color wheel would be awesome for fabric regions and hair color regions
    - More cat/dog furniture, toys, decorations
    - More active careers and a self employed option
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    Kmtaylor92Kmtaylor92 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don’t know if anyone has said this but playing online where we can have other players play from different PCs...
  • Options
    RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    I think it would be cool to make it so if a Sim is married the romantic option disappears for all the Sims they're not married to and other Sims can't flirt with them, I don't like that my Sims get angry because the Sim I'm not playing flirts with another Sim or gets flirted with.

Also since there are ghosts in the game already and there's a Vampire pack I think it would be cool to add 'Paranormal investigator' as a job where you can eventually either be a ghost hunter or vampire hunter. I think it would also be cool to have an actor as one of the jobs, and instead of the Teen's jobs being before school (5-7 AM) maybe instead after school like maybe 5-7 PM or something.
  • Options
    Laughing_jaydeLaughing_jayde Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like to see a better range of earrings and possibly some more body mods or maybe even jacket accessories so we don’t have to keep downloading CC
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hello Simmers,

We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.

Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?

Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! Pictures are loved and much appreciated.

Not sure if you are only asking for CAS suggestions so I'll stick to only CAS.

Skin tones for light skinned sims all have weird undertones and I would love to have more variety in there.
    Make-up is in need of attention overall, I am not the biggest fan of make up in general but it really is lacking. Specially for darker skinned sims.

Later packs have been consistently bringing amazing hairstyles to the game, but I want more!

Hairstyles I would love in game for masculine sims:

vab1Zub.jpg
    iweBmjX.jpg
    Q0TIR27.jpg
    JSuWNuv.jpg
    IJJCyXK.jpg
    jO31Z0z.jpg

And body hair please!

Hairstyles I would love in game for feminine sims:

itUlD7d.jpg
    5xeI9eX.jpg
    MXq2PjJ.jpg
    SURYymx.jpg
    23gUsqb.jpg
    fJGKSGF.jpg
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    I would also appreciate more love for tattoos and jewellery.

Some examples:

81Gpqsl.jpg
    iv2OMmV.jpg
    qqH5xTk.jpg
    ueSrOtI.jpg

OrS54Hi.jpg
    xeblkTB.jpg
    p71x4Fz.jpg
    jbdgqcB.jpg

• Options
    For toddlers and children

yYHjPf8.jpg
    EYIKl2q.jpg
    PCddlUx.jpg
    Fi6PybN.jpg
    p3lvsXR.jpg
    gTzQ82s.jpg
    Zc5BAiA.jpg
    de2X8X8.jpg

• Options
    More kids and toddlers fashion and hairstyles:

noc3LYK.jpg
    jmvPvL0.jpg
    DVXwq2g.jpg
    8iJZjHu.jpg
    hgWucUn.jpg
    TjMSMs3.jpg
  • Options
    killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hm.. let's see....

- WITCHES and witchcraft/magic!
    - Werewolves
    - sci-fi stuff
    - Veterinarian and archaeology career as an active career (like science/law enforcement/medicine from "Get To Work")
    - more kids and toddler stuff (clothing and hairstyles)
    - metal bed frames for a more modern/industrial furnishing in apartments
    - more Fashion for males
    - hairstyles for males
    - new tattoos
    - Cars and parking Areas (Sims 2 styled)
    - more diversity of sim traits
    - Teens should be smaller than adults so they are easier to distinguish
    - Seasons

Post edited by killed.Persephone on
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I was directed here from a thread I made about parties, so I'll just paste what I'd put there. These aren't so much "new" things, as tweaks and improvement that i think would greatly improve gameplay.

1: Being able to look at/invite people from the whole household. This is especially annoying when it comes to kids, because kids can't throw parties, but then if I want the kid's friends to show up, I have to go the trouble of introducing them to the kid's parents, which is a huge hassle. So, it would be AMAZING if I could just click on a button saying, say, "show (household member)'s contacts", and invite from that list as well. I mean, it makes sense in story too...if you're throwing a party for your kid, you'd be able to, Oh I don't know, ask them who they want to invite?

It would also be super cool if, when getting married to an NPC, we could look at the NPC's contact list once they've been designated as the bride or groom. I mean, just because they're an NPC their parent's don't get invited to the wedding?

2: Social actions to direct Sims you hire for your event. So, if you hire a caterer, you could go up to them, click, and say, "ask/direct to make Garden Salad" (or whatever). Same with mixologist. Hell, I'd actually appreciate this with the maids and repair people as well...being able to direct them towards a certain task.

3: tho this is mostly a quibble, but I've noticed that all the household members get the confidant "sucessful host" buff after the party, which kind of makes me wonder why we're asked to designate a host at all. Anyway, just some thoughts.

4: I would like it if Dinner Parties had a formal dress code instead of party dress or, even better, if we were able to designate a dress code for our parties! So we can choose what the vibe is! Maybe it's just a casual house party, and we just want people showing up in their everyday outfits...maybe it's a fancy dinner party, and a more formal attire is approppriate, maybe it's a dance party and we want people in their party clothes...but it's weird for sims to show up in the same outfit for all these events :-/

5: Since City Living came out, I'd like to be able to hold parties--particularly birthdays--there, which we can't right now. That's probably an oversight.

6: I wish there was more variety in what sims wear at things like costume and black and white parties. Srsly, why does everyone where the same dress and the same 5 costumes? Just put in any black or white dress, and it's be cool if some of the more "historical" outfits were options for costumes, like the von haunt ghost outfits and some things from the vampire pack, that sort of thing.

If just a few of these were implemented, it would make parties a lot more fun, imo.
  • Options
    Russell stAr 5Russell stAr 5 Posts: 5 New Member
    I've been building up plenty of ideas for quite some time. Hopefully a few will gain some positive reactions.

First off, I want to address the Traits system. While the new traits and categories help focus and contour Sims to a general likeness of what we aim to create, there is also very much about the new Trait system that is very limiting. Young adults, adults, and elders can only have three Personality/Lifestyle/Emotional/Social traits, teens can only have two, children one, and toddlers one, with all except the toddler having an extra "fourth" trait granted by an aspiration, which is truly more of a gameplay perk than a trait. I believe I have several options worth considering that may be fairly easy for the developers (or even experienced modders) to implement in due time.
    The first of which would be allowing each Sim an age-based number (equal to current number) of Prominent traits, which have full effect on the Sim, and an equal number of extra traits named Recessive traits that have a reduced effect on the Sim. For example: having Hot-Headed inside of a Prominent slot leads to the Sim gaining a +2 Angry moodlet at random intervals or after certain unfortunate events, or with a Social trait like Loner in a Prominent slot, the Sim will strongly prefer being alone, and gains a +2 Tense moodlet when socializing. This can likely be represented similarly with most other traits. As an example for the Recessive slots, say someone placed the Materialistic trait in a Recessive slot, then the Sim will not gain as much happiness (+1 moodlet in place of +2) from purchasing new things, or an Athletic trait in a Recessive slot would mean the Sim less often performs physical activities and additionally becomes Tense less often when not exercising. This feature alone could add a whole new layer to gameplay, giving just a bit more variety in daily moods or actions of Sims.
    The second option would be simply giving players two or three extra Trait slots per Sim; toddlers have two traits, children have three, teens have four, and young adults and older have five. Even though the new selection of traits add more depth to each Sim and gameplay in general, the inconveniently small number of options available are excruciatingly limiting of a player's creative ability, and with each new Stuff or Expansion pack typically adding in a few traits, having fewer slots means having to sacrifice major portions of Sim personalities that ends up making gameplay relatively stale. I've searched for quite some time for a mod to add extra trait slots, not one yet has born any considerable result.
    The third option could be a bit more complex, though certainly resulting in the most variety in our Sims, which is sliders for each individual emotion or attribute of a Sim. Granted, producing a slider for each and every trait that exists within the game would be incredibly complicated, filled with numbers and calculations and such. Instead of making a slider for EVERY SINGLE TRAIT, perhaps resort to a style similar to The Sims 2; a slider that gives the player fine-tuned control over a Sim's personality. A slider representing how Sociable vs. Lonely a Sim may be, a slider for how Cheerful vs. Gloomy, how Charitable vs. Materialistic, Kind vs. Mean, Child-Friendly vs. Child-Hating, etc. And each of these sliders would consider each other: Making a sim with a more Mean personality combined with being Materialistic and perhaps even a bit Gloomy would result in a mashing that leads to the Sim being, more or less, Evil. A summary of the resulting traits would ideally be shown near the Sim's name on the CAS screen. I think this could be a very interesting mechanic to play with, in terms of the shear depth a Sim could have when implemented fully.

Second, I want to address the socialization of the game. Of course, nobody could expect a game with absolutely lifelike relationships, but I distinctly remember before the game released that Sims could "remember things from a social engagement and recall them in the next engagement." I only see this as being partially true: the only things a Sim can actually learn from a social engagement are personality traits, romantic life, or careers of other Sims, which truly has no impact on gameplay. If Sims could remember little details such as "favorite sports team" or "colors" or even meals and other such things, akin to the minor traits of The Sims 3, and actually rely on those for what to talk about with another Sim, conversations could gain much more variety. As it is, Sims mainly converse by means of "Ask About Day," "Ask About Career," "Brighten Day (which is incredibly ambiguous)," and "Discuss Color Theory (what???)." Having options such as "Ask About Family" to learn who they are related to, "Ask About Interests" to help contour what your Sim may autonomously discuss relevant to those interests, or "Mock/Congratulate Sport Team" could add much more variety to conversations. The social system itself is far from broken, but the lack of actually getting to know other Sims beyond their attributes and careers severely limits the immersion of the game.

Third, I want to address the occasionally awkward autonomy of the game, as well as the natural happenings in unplayed households. When Sims live in a house together, and are related to other Sims, they frequently (frustratingly frequently) decide to stop EVERYTHING they are doing, disrupt EVERYTHING another Sim is doing, and simply hug them. Then, as if nothing had ever happened, go about with whatever else they were doing before. Furthermore, two (or more) Sims could be sitting at a table, having a casual conversation, when suddenly one of them, or sometimes all of them, will stand up, rotate seats, sit back down, and continue talking. While this isn't exactly game breaking, it's rather unsettling to see Sims act so strangely. What is, in a sense, game breaking, however, is the fact that, more often than not, Sims will leave books, trash, dishes, and other things lying around after they've finished using them. Teenagers and Children leave their homework behind, leading to players losing track of them, and then being unable to obtain another homework book without using testing cheats. Or Sims will leave dishes lying around at parties, leave trash on the floor, or simply drop books on the floor in front of them instead of replacing them in their bookshelf or even on a nearby table. These don't make the game unplayable (except I suppose for the homework bug), but are just minor irritations and hindrances that seem like they could very easily be fixed. Additionally, when players follow their created family (or families) throughout their lives, other Sims (those that the player has not taken control of) wander around and may encounter their created Sims. While these Sims seem as unique as the player's Sims, they are truly rather bland: they don't worry about their job performance, they don't take vacation days, they don't move on to get married, fall in love, or truly even socialize or have events at all. If unplayed Sims were to, even occasionally, invite player Sim families to parties every so often, get married and have children, or perhaps even complain to your Sims about a particularly bad week at work, they would seem incredibly more immersive and realistic. It's a shame that, even with the depth of emotions that The Sims 4 has, being a good neighbor is apparently unheard of. They have been, for the most part, by mods, but not every player has access to mods.

I've been a fan of The Sims since the third installment, and while that may not entitle me to any immense experience or knowledge of the "best" Sims game, I believe I've learned enough from playing both games (and the mobile spinoff) to have a half-informed opinion what could use improving or make a return. I've loved both Sims games that I've played, and while both have their strengths and weaknesses, these three were, in my opinion, the greatest weaknesses of The Sims 4 based purely on the fact that it is supposed to do these things better than The Sims 3, but may just have fallen a bit short of the mark. I want the team at Maxis to know I'm a huge fan, and I really hope you guys consider my opinions! Thank you!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @russellstAr5

Teenagers and Children leave their homework behind, leading to players losing track of them, and then being unable to obtain another homework book without using testing cheats.

um I have to point out you don't have to use testing cheats to get a new homework book you just need to purchase one from the bookshelf
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    -more holiday locations (beach and winter location would be so nice)!
    - that u could swim on lake and oceans
    - cats could pee outside (its bit annoying that my sims need carry literbox for her cat)
    -ice cream bar where your sim can go when its hot summer would be so awesome. i love to go different places whit my sim
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    LadyBonnabellLadyBonnabell Posts: 8 New Member
    I just really want the food stalls to be in continuously by NPCs on public or NPC run lots PPPLLELAASEE. The food stalls are so neat but unfortunately impractical when you have to constantly hire a vendor. I pray to the all powerful llama my wish will be granted in an upcoming patch. I'm enjoying the game thus far. I do think it is "stripped" but i feel that the things that are in the game are meaty and versitile and realistic and fun, which is what i feel the team was going for. I also hope to see horses and maybe other types of animals soon, thanks!! <3
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would really like an adopt a child whim please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    hoholghoholg Posts: 1 New Member
    Vehicles please. Don't you guys think that even the biggest mansion or the richest family in ts4 can't even afford a car for themselves is kind of ridiculous?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    In CAS:
    High Powered Men's Business Suits.
    We have so much trendy stuff. I can't really make characters that are a little older.. that wouldn't be caught dead in tight short pants. Most of those look like rock star versions.. or going out versions that young guys wear. I'm thinking "Mad Men" suits and the type worn in the TV show "Suits". Female options also.
    Serious suits. The real color is in the tie or shirts. Otherwise basic with a high quality look..

Women's Nightgowns - Severely lacking. I'd be happy with almost anything extra. Also paired with a robe now and then. I loved the one in Vintage Glamour.. would love a shorter version. Trendy or not I don't care we just need more.
    Prettier Matching lingerie too? Please?

Womens shoes- more pump styles and colors especially.

More facial details- you gave us frown lines and forehead creases. Give us more. Crows feet, undereye circles or redness. Lipcolors that are just a few shades up from normal, but doesn't look like lipstick - for both genders.

More beard types that are standard but missing.. keep filling it out.

In Build/Buy:
    More storage boxes for us to use as additional inventory. I need something modern that doesn't look like an ornate chest. I'd like something rustic also. Keep the colors basic or give us more options.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Rain!
    More careers.
    More apartments.
    Bicycles and rollerblades.
    Handheld bubble blowers.
    Haki sacks or soccer balls.
    Drafting tables and sketchbooks.
    Laptops.
    Two or three PC screens displays.
    Newspapers.
    Magazines and comic books.
    Normal size microscope and telescope.
    Bongos
    Spiral staircases.
    Slow dancing.
    Relax in bed.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    *Self employment careers
    *Witches
    *Skating rink
    and
    *More activities for kids and toddlers.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Goose!
    Banks.
    Pet sitting.
    Baby sitting.
    Sun tanning.
    Geocaching.
    Beach metal detecting.
    Bubble farming.
    Bubble blower crafting.
    Roleplaying games.
    Styrofoam swords duels.
    Jigsaw puzzles, sudokus, crosswords, ...
    Tarot card reading.
    Palm reading.
    PC building.
    Weightlifting.

• Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

In Build/Buy:
    More storage boxes for us to use as additional inventory. I need something modern that doesn't look like an ornate chest. I'd like something rustic also. Keep the colors basic or give us more options.

Maybe the Devs could consider taking the code used for chests to allow us to stash stuff there and add it to nightstands and counters with drawers allowing Sims to store stuff in those. Just a thought...
  • Options
    LadyNightArrowLadyNightArrow Posts: 13 New Member
    Seasons
    Werewolves
    More tattoos
    More empty neighborhoods to build on. I like the way this was done in Sims 2.
    Cars

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top