Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death's Bride

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    @simscognito It is rather spooky isn't it? You know... Alan Moore, comic writer, wizard, and creator of DC's John Constantine said he once saw Constantine while he was at a pub. Constantine raised his pint to Moore, but Moore didn't go over. Dunno how much of it is Moore just being spooky, but wouldn't it be so weird if characters did come to life by sheer amount of energy we put into then when we create them?

Yeah, I switch between writing stories and drawing. (I also balance way too many random crafts in there too.) I'm a massive procrastinator and project jumper though. In addition to Death's Bride, I've been slowly trying to start a comedy comic... But I haven't done anything for it yet. Heh.

Do you do any writing or art outside of Friends of Foes? I remember you were doing the portrait series. Do you plan on continuing that?

@TheYayToast ! Wow that would be soo scary if they did! (Just gonna keep Death at a safe distance :D )
    Alexander and Henry are inspired by historical figures, (Alexander The Great and Hephaestion) - I warn you not to look up Hephaestion unless you want to cry. :D So technically they were alive, once.

Oh yes! I love your drawings. I showed dad your pic of Paris! He was very impressed and that's quite unusual for dad. (He's a bit of a snob when it comes to art) XD

Yes, I do do writing and art outside of Friends of Foes and am still doing the portrait series. Recently released a couple painting. Now working on a cool alien for @MelanieScribbles.

I write other stories as well. Just finished a fantasy novel recently, and been illustrating it. Unfortunately my uni peers are afraid of the sketches. :D (I went into full Cog dramatic style)

Awh. I love history. I've studied a little bit on Alexander the Great. I knew about his close friendship with Hephaestion, but I didn't read too much further into it. You totally make me want to now though. Even though I probably will cry like I've just watched a Korean drama.

Ah! I can't believe you'd show your Dad my doodle. I feel very oddly embarrassed. I'm glad you both liked it though! I'll have to draw ya something else sooner or later.

I'll have to go check out your art blog then!

Congrats on finishing your novel! Are you planning on submitting it to a publisher, self publishing, or just placing it in a drawer and starting on the next book? (I went with the stick it in a drawer for my own novel. Lol.)
    LJFoxie wrote: »
    Ooh he's very handsome, it's not such a bad thing marrying him, if I was Myla I'd be quite pleased lol! Loved the extra pics too! ;)

He's a very handsome fella. I totally agree. If Myla gets bored, I'd definitely be the first in line. :D

@simscognito @LJFoxie You two are just awful! :wink: You both seem like your in line to take Myla's place and they've only been wed a few hours! Hehe. I'm sure Maximilien is flattered though. Though I doubt he'd say as much.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited February 2018
    @simscognito It is rather spooky isn't it? You know... Alan Moore, comic writer, wizard, and creator of DC's John Constantine said he once saw Constantine while he was at a pub. Constantine raised his pint to Moore, but Moore didn't go over. Dunno how much of it is Moore just being spooky, but wouldn't it be so weird if characters did come to life by sheer amount of energy we put into then when we create them?

Yeah, I switch between writing stories and drawing. (I also balance way too many random crafts in there too.) I'm a massive procrastinator and project jumper though. In addition to Death's Bride, I've been slowly trying to start a comedy comic... But I haven't done anything for it yet. Heh.

Do you do any writing or art outside of Friends of Foes? I remember you were doing the portrait series. Do you plan on continuing that?

@TheYayToast ! Wow that would be soo scary if they did! (Just gonna keep Death at a safe distance :D )
    Alexander and Henry are inspired by historical figures, (Alexander The Great and Hephaestion) - I warn you not to look up Hephaestion unless you want to cry. :D So technically they were alive, once.

Oh yes! I love your drawings. I showed dad your pic of Paris! He was very impressed and that's quite unusual for dad. (He's a bit of a snob when it comes to art) XD

Yes, I do do writing and art outside of Friends of Foes and am still doing the portrait series. Recently released a couple painting. Now working on a cool alien for @MelanieScribbles.

I write other stories as well. Just finished a fantasy novel recently, and been illustrating it. Unfortunately my uni peers are afraid of the sketches. :D (I went into full Cog dramatic style)

Awh. I love history. I've studied a little bit on Alexander the Great. I knew about his close friendship with Hephaestion, but I didn't read too much further into it. You totally make me want to now though. Even though I probably will cry like I've just watched a Korean drama.

Ah! I can't believe you'd show your Dad my doodle. I feel very oddly embarrassed. I'm glad you both liked it though! I'll have to draw ya something else sooner or later.

Congrats on finishing your novel! Are you planning on submitting it to a publisher, self publishing, or just placing it in a drawer and starting on the next book? (I went with the stick it in a drawer for my own novel. Lol.)
    Ooh he's very handsome, it's not such a bad thing marrying him, if I was Myla I'd be quite pleased lol! Loved the extra pics too! ;)

He's a very handsome fella. I totally agree. If Myla gets bored, I'd definitely be the first in line. :D

@simscognito @LJFoxie You two are just awful! :wink: You both seem like your in line to take Myla's place and they've only been wed a few hours! Hehe. I'm sure Maximilien is flattered though. Though I doubt he'd say as much.

Hehe... Ah sorry @TheYayToast . Didn't mean to. It was just so good, I had to show dad. XD

Hehe... well, I do reference to Hephaestion's fate in the chapter, Henry and The King, if you really want to know. XD... Okay, that was totally horrible of me. :D ... but you never know.... I might be nice to Henry..... hehe...

I don't really know yet. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'll carry on tweaking till it is to a standard I think worthy of publishing. I'm only a YA, so I've got lots of time to get it right. :D

Oh cool!! I'm sure your novel's great. What's it about? Or is it a secret? XD

Hehe... no we've totally got Myla's best interests at heart. XD

Hehe... Ah sorry @TheYayToast . Didn't mean to. It was just so good, I had to show dad. XD

Hehe... well, I do reference to Hephaestion's fate in the chapter, Henry and The King, if you really want to know. XD... Okay, that was totally horrible of me. :D ... but you never know.... I might be nice to Henry..... hehe...

I don't really know yet. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'll carry on tweaking till it is to a standard I think worthy of publishing. I'm only a YA, so I've got lots of time to get it right. :D

You have to be nice to Henry! He's too sweet to end up a tragic hero.

Well if you ever need a beta reader, I'd be happy to help out. :) I totally understand on the perfectionist though. Hehe.

My novel might not be great, but at least it got finished. So all I can do is just sit down and write the next one... though I've been saying that for months now. Heh. It's a super hero story about an alien super heroine who ends up in a love triangle between her genius best friend and another superhero that happens to be a vampire. Not exactly conventional combinations, but who can say no to paranormal super-heroine adventures?

You have to be nice to Henry! He's too sweet to end up a tragic hero.

Well if you ever need a beta reader, I'd be happy to help out. :) I totally understand on the perfectionist though. Hehe.

My novel might not be great, but at least it got finished. So all I can do is just sit down and write the next one... though I've been saying that for months now. Heh. It's a super hero story about an alien super heroine who ends up in a love triangle between her genius best friend and another superhero that happens to be a vampire. Not exactly conventional combinations, but who can say no to paranormal super-heroine adventures?

Hehe... we'll see if I'll be nice to Henry.... XD

Aw thanks. It'll be a while before it's worthy enough for a second pair of eyes, but thanks so much for the offer.

Aw I'm sure it's an awesome novel. You write really well. Oh cool I loooove super hero stories (although I always end up having a thing for the villains :D - that's probably obvious by my simLit. XD Oh cool a vampire superhero! I like the sound of that. (Probably Batman as he should be :D )

But seriously that does sound super exciting! I'd be up for reading that. XD

Aw thanks. It'll be a while before it's worthy enough for a second pair of eyes, but thanks so much for the offer.

:smile: Not a problem. You're welcome!
    Aw I'm sure it's an awesome novel. You write really well. Oh cool I loooove super hero stories (although I always end up having a thing for the villains :D - that's probably obvious by my simLit. XD Oh cool a vampire superhero! I like the sound of that. (Probably Batman as he should be :D )

Haha. I don't blame you. There's times that the villains are just more alluring than the heroes!

Micah is a bit of a Batman type hero yes, but with super powers.

I'll try to get around to finishing editing and probably toss it out to read for free. I just need to work on adding more to the Eclipse(alien girl) and Harper (her genius best friend) love parts. Harper is just harder to work with than Micah. She's a diva and the scenes come harder to write.

Haha. I don't blame you. There's times that the villains are just more alluring than the heroes!

I'll try to get around to finishing editing and probably toss it out to read for free. I just need to work on adding more to the Eclipse(alien girl) and Harper (her genius best friend) love parts. Harper is just harder to work with than Micah. She's a diva and the scenes come harder to write.

Yes I agree, the villains can be very alluring, mostly because they are the characters that actually know what they want and have something they truly believe in. More than often the superheroes don't appear to have a massive drive. Nowadays this is changing, however, with the increase in vigilantes which is what Batman is.

Oh cool! Let me know when you do finally publish. It looks like a truly exciting read! Ahhh you've got aliens???? :smiley: I love aliens!!!! Ah yes, I understand. It's quite hard writing divas that aren't stereotypical. I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off though! :)

Yes I agree, the villains can be very alluring, mostly because they are the characters that actually know what they want and have something they truly believe in. More than often the superheroes don't appear to have a massive drive. Nowadays this is changing, however, with the increase in vigilantes which is what Batman is.

Oh cool! Let me know when you do finally publish. It looks like a truly exciting read! Ahhh you've got aliens???? :smiley: I love aliens!!!! Ah yes, I understand. It's quite hard writing divas that aren't stereotypical. I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off though! :)

That's an interesting analysis on vigilante type heroes having more of a drive. I'd definitely love to hear more! It sounds like an interesting theory. I like theories.

Yes! I've got squishy pretty purple aliens. Well... One squishy purple alien explorer/biologist.

Thanks again! I hope I do.
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Really enjoying this so far! I love the concept. Major Beauty and the Beast vibes! And I'm always happy to see more fantasy stories.
    uduVcAP.png

That's an interesting analysis on vigilante type heroes having more of a drive. I'd definitely love to hear more! It sounds like an interesting theory. I like theories.

Yes! I've got squishy pretty purple aliens. Well... One squishy purple alien explorer/biologist.

@TheYayToast Well, I don't go that much in depth with the vigilante theory, but the point of vigilantes is that they take the law into their own hands to fight for what they believe in. They're not heroes because they sometimes do questionable things to achieve they're end goal, but they are not bad guys because at the end of the day, they are trying to save the world from whatever's threatening it. Interestingly, however, there are super villains that could fit that description too. (I'm thinking of Magneto) XD

Anyway, what makes Vigilantes potentially more interesting than superheroes (although superheroes are becoming more well-rounded) is that they are often extremely flawed. The floors that seem to be extremely common now is to do with lack of trust, large egos, guilt or identity crisis - particularly common among superheroes now as well e.g. superman, just about every marvel character at some point.

Vigilantes also have more drive in that they know what they want. Often what they care about so much can also be one of their greatest flaws, because it means they are willing to make difficult decisions that superheroes don't make because they're supposed to be (traditionally) the embodiment of good. I suppose traditional superheroes weren't exactly lacking drive. I think they also sort of knew what they want, but I suppose it was nothing that we as an audience could exactly relate to. For superheroes were "traditionaly" more focussed on being 'moral' and 'doing the right thing.'

Vigilantes, however, are more focussed on completing their mission. However, superheroes had missions too, but it wasn't necessarily their mission. Vigilante's missions are personal and they believe in them deeply, which is why it can be seen as a flaw of theirs and the villains often poke fun at it. XD

This is all very general and I'm talking about the traditional archetypes. Nowadays, vigilantes, villains and superheroes kinda cross-over as the characters are becoming more rounded and complex.

Ahhhh squishy purple aliens??? :smiley: I hope they like cuddles!!!!

@TheYayToast Well, I don't go that much in depth with the vigilante theory, but the point of vigilantes is that they take the law into their own hands to fight for what they believe in. They're not heroes because they sometimes do questionable things to achieve they're end goal, but they are not bad guys because at the end of the day, they are trying to save the world from whatever's threatening it. Interestingly, however, there are super villains that could fit that description too. (I'm thinking of Magneto) XD

Anyway, what makes Vigilantes potentially more interesting than superheroes (although superheroes are becoming more well-rounded) is that they are often extremely flawed. The floors that seem to be extremely common now is to do with lack of trust, large egos, guilt or identity crisis - particularly common among superheroes now as well e.g. superman, just about every marvel character at some point.

Vigilantes also have more drive in that they know what they want. Often what they care about so much can also be one of their greatest flaws, because it means they are willing to make difficult decisions that superheroes don't make because they're supposed to be (traditionally) the embodiment of good. I suppose traditional superheroes weren't exactly lacking drive. I think they also sort of knew what they want, but I suppose it was nothing that we as an audience could exactly relate to. For superheroes were "traditionaly" more focussed on being 'moral' and 'doing the right thing.'

Vigilantes, however, are more focussed on completing their mission. However, superheroes had missions too, but it wasn't necessarily their mission. Vigilante's missions are personal and they believe in them deeply, which is why it can be seen as a flaw of theirs and the villains often poke fun at it. XD

This is all very general and I'm talking about the traditional archetypes. Nowadays, vigilantes, villains and superheroes kinda cross-over as the characters are becoming more rounded and complex.

Ahhhh squishy purple aliens??? :smiley: I hope they like cuddles!!!!

I definitely agree that vigilantes can make for really interesting heroes and for cool storylines.

Eclipse totally loves cuddles. Hehe!
    Posted a little more bonus stuff... New chapter will be up tomorrow or Saturday.

Bonus Pictures 2
  • KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member
    Just started reading and I love it already! I had to scroll down the pages really fast on here so that I didn't see anything that would make me want to ask, "What happened?" Lol I will read and find out on my own! I'm glad I came now and not at the beginning, because I like having multiple chapters to read. Thank you for making the read lovely!
    Origin ID: ScarletteII
    edited February 2018
    Kvelvet wrote: »
    Just started reading and I love it already! I had to scroll down the pages really fast on here so that I didn't see anything that would make me want to ask, "What happened?" Lol I will read and find out on my own! I'm glad I came now and not at the beginning, because I like having multiple chapters to read. Thank you for making the read lovely!

@Kvelvet Thank you very much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it!

I see you don't have a custom picture up yet, so you might be a new member. If so: Welcome to the forums!

@Kvelvet Thank you very much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it!

I see you don't have a custom picture up yet, so you might be a new member. If so: Welcome to the forums!

Thank you! I'm now an official member!
    I honestly can't wait for an update! I was enchanted by Lord Du Bois, even though he seems cold. It was his "easy smile." ;)
    I honestly can't wait for an update! I was enchanted by Lord Du Bois, even though he seems cold. It was his "easy smile." ;)

@Kvelvet Congrats on the member status! Your avatar is pretty! I adore that hair... It's one of my favorite things from cats and dogs... Besides ya know the cats and dogs. Haha.

I won't keep you waiting too much longer! Sorry to everyone on the delay! Life tumbled in the way this weekend!

The chapter has been written. I just need to get the screenshots and it'll be ready. I hope to have that done tonight.

@Kvelvet Congrats on the member status! Your avatar is pretty! I adore that hair... It's one of my favorite things from cats and dogs... Besides ya know the cats and dogs. Haha.

I won't keep you waiting too much longer! Sorry to everyone on the delay! Life tumbled in the way this weekend!

The chapter has been written. I just need to get the screenshots and it'll be ready. I hope to have that done tonight.

@TheYayToast Yay! I think yours is very pretty! Thank you, and thank you, I think the hair is great also! She's my founder for the Not So Berry Challenge. She's pregnant now, but I haven't been playing for a few days.
    @TheYayToast
    Ahhhhh!!!! I loved this latest chapter! Your rabbit pics were sooo cool! Particularly that gif! I wonder where the rabbit went off to? And... hmm... is Myla warming up to Death?
    edited March 2018

@TheYayToast Yay! I think yours is very pretty! Thank you, and thank you, I think the hair is great also! She's my founder for the Not So Berry Challenge. She's pregnant now, but I haven't been playing for a few days.

@Kvelvet Awwwh! That sounds awesome! I haven't tried the not so berry yet. I think berry sims are adorable though. It's one of the reasons I love the aliens in Sims 4. Cute purple Sims? Yes please!
    @TheYayToast
    Ahhhhh!!!! I loved this latest chapter! Your rabbit pics were sooo cool! Particularly that gif! I wonder where the rabbit went off to? And... hmm... is Myla warming up to Death?

@simscognito Oh cheese and crackers, Cog! I hadn't even announced it yet! Lol. Well I'm glad you liked the chapter.
    I have the same sort of feeling about her. He's pretty easy on the eyes for a man with ashen white skin.
    Hi Everyone! Sorry for the delay! Chapter ten is finally up! More big things happening in Myla's life! Hope you all will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed making it!

(Now with actual chapter buttons. Yay!)
    edited March 2018
    Blue and purple are Myla's colors. I'm unable to imagine her wearing any other colors, except maybe white or off white colors. I can't wait to see more of a connection between the two of them, they hardly speak to each other as it is, and the cute critter threw me for a loop, I'm trying to figure out its significance. It'll come to me later!
    Blue and purple are Myla's colors. I'm unable to imagine her wearing any other colors, except maybe white or off white colors. I can't wait to see more of a connection between the two of them, they hardly speak to each other as it is, and the cute critter threw me for a loop, I'm trying to figure out its significance. It'll come to me later!

I agree with you! Myla is really suited to blue and purple outfits. Blue is the color of relaxation and purple is the color of royalty and magic, so both seem to fit for her. I have another outfit she's yet to wear that is a pale yellow, which I think works well too, but I think the blue is my favorite for her. Myla and Maximilien are from such different worlds they probably barely understand each other. I'm glad you liked the little critter. It's definitely significant.
    Hey hey! I was nominated by @chalicen and @simscognito for the Sunshine Blogger's award. I feel super spiffy about it. I went ahead and answered all twenty-two of their questions. Hehe.

In return, I have nominated @Aricie and @LJFoxie for the Sunshine Blogger award. I think they are both fabulous people that write really interesting stories that are definitely worth a read. In addition, they both have been a pleasure to speak to and I believe they both make great positive presences here on the forums!
    Woohoo! Can't wait to read your responses. :)
  • AricieAricie Posts: 102 Member
    OMG, I feel so honored @TheYayToast ! I never thought people would remember me because I'm more of a quiet one online. Thank you so much! I'll post a reply sometime this week, looking forward to answering your questions. <3