Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death's Bride

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hi everyone! Happy Valentine's Day. I decided to go ahead and make a little drawing of Myla and Lord Du Bois to help celebrate the day. Hope you like it.

tumblr_p45irskkCC1wwvkeco1_1280.jpg

Okay yeah, it definitely isn't the most romantic of cards, but what did you guys expect?!

Besides expect an update... which you'll be seeing sometime today! Happy Valentine's Day!
    edited February 2018
    New chapter out today!

Death's Bride - Part 7

Warning: This chapter contains some nudity.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Oh yes I saw this on the main thread. It's great! So ironic. I love your sketching style. Going to read the chapter now. :)
    Oh wow! This chapter gave me chills. I really want to see the dress though!
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Awesome chapter! I love the ghost servants. :smiley: At least Myla doesn't seem entirely unhappy there. I'm still holding that grudge, though! :D Lord Du Bois has some redeeming to do if I'm going to let it go!
    @simscognito You just might see it soon. Hehe.

@IchigoUsagi Myla is easily swayed by comfy bubble baths! I mean that's a pretty nice tub. :p As for Lord Du Bois... I say no more!

Any how, I wanted to share an Interview with Myla. I did it as if it took place pretty much directly after this chapter.
    No, witch craft is taboo. (Marci doesn’t bother to correct her that a fetish is not just the term for a object like a voodoo doll.)

:D:D:D
    No, witch craft is taboo. (Marci doesn’t bother to correct her that a fetish is not just the term for a object like a voodoo doll.)

:D:D:D

Haha, I'm glad you got a kick out of that answer!
    Hey everyone! New chapter out today. The wedding bells will soon toll for Myla. Will this be a happy day? Dunno!

Part 8
    Gah!!!! I want to see his face!!!! This was an awesome chapter!!!
  • LJFoxieLJFoxie Posts: 929 Member
    Oooh cliff hanger! :o I'm all caught up now, can't wait for the next chapter & to see his face! :)
    pa5RIHV.jpg

Hi hi! The big day is here! Next part of Death's Bride is up and as a special bonus there's a picture spam page too!

Part 9

Bonus Pictures
    Well at least he's handsome... hehe, I'm kidding. This must be very surreal for Myla. She seems very overwhelmed by the situation, but she's dealing with it really well. I'm glad that she's come to accept her position. There's not point crying over something you can't change.
    Well at least he's handsome... hehe, I'm kidding. This must be very surreal for Myla. She seems very overwhelmed by the situation, but she's dealing with it really well. I'm glad that she's come to accept her position. There's not point crying over something you can't change.

I knew you'd approve of his longish hair. ;)

I can't help it, I love men with long hair too. Haha. My husband's hair is longer than mine!!!
    I think a lot of Myla's reactions come from just a numb shock. She does come from a society where what she wants really doesn't matter and it's pretty awful for her. At least though Du Bois seems like he plans on treating her well, but eh... It's still one heck of a day for the girl.
    edited February 2018

I can't help it, I love men with long hair too. Haha. My husband's hair is longer than mine!!!
    I think a lot of Myla's reactions come from just a numb shock. She does come from a society where what she wants really doesn't matter and it's pretty awful for her. At least though Du Bois seems like he plans on treating her well, but eh... It's still one heck of a day for the girl.

Hehe.. you haven't seen Henry's YA hair! Now that's some long hair right there. :D
    Yeah, you're right. She's probably grateful to have a warm place to sleep and some nice, dry clothes to wear if anything. :D

Hehe.. you haven't seen Henry's YA hair! Now that's some long hair right there. :D
    Yeah, you're right. She's probably grateful to have a warm place to sleep and some nice, dry clothes to wear if anything. :D

Ahhh! I haven't seen his YA look. Now I'm dying to see. I love Henry. One of the reasons I took a liking to your story so quickly us Henry looked a bit like I've of my Sims. Haha. So I was biased and inclined to be on his side from the start!
    That would have to be pretty nice. Also not having to share a tiny house with like five other people. I can't wait to share some other pictures of her in different outfits though.

Ahhh! I haven't seen his YA look. Now I'm dying to see. I love Henry. One of the reasons I took a liking to your story so quickly us Henry looked a bit like I've of my Sims. Haha. So I was biased and inclined to be on his side from the start!
    That would have to be pretty nice. Also not having to share a tiny house with like five other people. I can't wait to share some other pictures of her in different outfits though.

Aww I've just had a look at Ivy. She's a cutey. Hehe, It's still a bit of a while before the YA years kick in. Alex has longish hair too, but it's nothing next to Henry's. He's going 'all-out' :D

Ooh yayyyyy!!!! Can't wait to see more of Myla's outfits. I'm sure they all look great on her. She's very pretty.

Aww I've just had a look at Ivy. She's a cutey. Hehe, It's still a bit of a while before the YA years kick in. Alex has longish hair too, but it's nothing next to Henry's. He's going 'all-out' :D

Ooh yayyyyy!!!! Can't wait to see more of Myla's outfits. I'm sure they all look great on her. She's very pretty.

Awww. Not fair! That means I have to wait forever before I see them. Well I will definely look forward to seeing them all grown up.

Maybe I will share some pics of my other sims too. So you can see for example Jason who looked rather like Henry or my collection of long haired Sim guys. Haha.

I forgot to ever mention that my hiatus ended rather quickly, cause I got a laptop! That way I could play Sims and write as well as hang out with Rocky.

Speaking of the tiny terror... Here he is.
    edited February 2018

Awww. Not fair! That means I have to wait forever before I see them. Well I will definely look forward to seeing them all grown up.

Maybe I will share some pics of my other sims too. So you can see for example Jason who looked rather like Henry or my collection of long haired Sim guys. Haha.

I forgot to ever mention that my hiatus ended rather quickly, cause I got a laptop! That way I could play Sims and write as well as hang out with Rocky.

hehe I'm so evil!!! XD
    Yes doo!!!!!! :smiley: Oh right. Weirdly enough Henry keeps getting called Jason over in the 'name the avatar above' thread. Did you by any chance publish those stories about Jason? I'm just interested if those people may be referring to your Jason, or it's just a coincidence. XD Now I'm super curious what he looks like.

Oh cool! You got a laptop!! That's useful. Awww Rocky is adorable. So fluffy!

hehe I'm so evil!!! XD
    Yes doo!!!!!! :smiley: Oh right. Weirdly enough Henry keeps getting called Jason over in the 'name the avatar above' thread. Did you by any chance publish those stories about Jason? I'm just interested if those people may be referring to your Jason, or it's just a coincidence. XD Now I'm super curious what he looks like.

I've never shared Jason. So I guess it's just a random coincidence! I never post anything with Jason cause he's from one of my prose and comic ideas. He always ends up in my Sim games though... And often marrying into or fathering a Sim in my families. >.<"

I think frankly that he has a mind of his own. He's an absolute spotlight hog.

hehe I'm so evil!!! XD

I've never shared Jason. So I guess it's just a random coincidence! I never post anything with Jason cause he's from one of my prose and comic ideas. He always ends up in my Sim games though... And often marrying into or fathering a Sim in my families. >.<"

I think frankly that he has a mind of his own. He's an absolute spotlight hog.

That is soo spooky though! I guess if Henry looks like Jason, you've given him the right name. :smiley:
    Oh cool! So you write prose and comics? That's awesome! hehe... sims with minds of their own... how dare they! XD
    edited February 2018
    @simscognito It is rather spooky isn't it? You know... Alan Moore, comic writer, wizard, and creator of DC's John Constantine said he once saw Constantine while he was at a pub. Constantine raised his pint to Moore, but Moore didn't go over. Dunno how much of it is Moore just being spooky, but wouldn't it be so weird if characters did come to life by sheer amount of energy we put into then when we create them?

Yeah, I switch between writing stories and drawing. (I also balance way too many random crafts in there too.) I'm a massive procrastinator and project jumper though. In addition to Death's Bride, I've been slowly trying to start a comedy comic... But I haven't done anything for it yet. Heh.

Do you do any writing or art outside of Friends of Foes? I remember you were doing the portrait series. Do you plan on continuing that?
    @simscognito It is rather spooky isn't it? You know... Alan Moore, comic writer, wizard, and creator of DC's John Constantine said he once saw Constantine while he was at a pub. Constantine raised his pint to Moore, but Moore didn't go over. Dunno how much of it is Moore just being spooky, but wouldn't it be so weird if characters did come to life by sheer amount of energy we put into then when we create them?

Yeah, I switch between writing stories and drawing. (I also balance way too many random crafts in there too.) I'm a massive procrastinator and project jumper though. In addition to Death's Bride, I've been slowly trying to start a comedy comic... But I haven't done anything for it yet. Heh.

Do you do any writing or art outside of Friends of Foes? I remember you were doing the portrait series. Do you plan on continuing that?

@TheYayToast ! Wow that would be soo scary if they did! (Just gonna keep Death at a safe distance :D )
    Alexander and Henry are inspired by historical figures, (Alexander The Great and Hephaestion) - I warn you not to look up Hephaestion unless you want to cry. :D So technically they were alive, once.

Oh yes! I love your drawings. I showed dad your pic of Paris! He was very impressed and that's quite unusual for dad. (He's a bit of a snob when it comes to art) XD

Yes, I do do writing and art outside of Friends of Foes and am still doing the portrait series. Recently released a couple painting. Now working on a cool alien for @MelanieScribbles.

I write other stories as well. Just finished a fantasy novel recently, and been illustrating it. Unfortunately my uni peers are afraid of the sketches. :D (I went into full Cog dramatic style)
  • LJFoxieLJFoxie Posts: 929 Member
    Ooh he's very handsome, it's not such a bad thing marrying him, if I was Myla I'd be quite pleased lol! Loved the extra pics too! ;)
    pa5RIHV.jpg

LJFoxie wrote: »
    Ooh he's very handsome, it's not such a bad thing marrying him, if I was Myla I'd be quite pleased lol! Loved the extra pics too! ;)

He's a very handsome fella. I totally agree. If Myla gets bored, I'd definitely be the first in line. :D