Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death's Bride

db-banner.jpg

What would you do if you found yourself suddenly married to the mysterious nobleman that lives in a manor maintained by spectral servants?

Myla finds herself in just that position. She's personally selected by the Lord Du Bois to be his wife from a group of all the eligible girls in her village. Forced to leave the only life she's ever known behind, Myla is whisked away to a stately manor devoid of all signs of life besides her strange new husband and the ghosts he employs to wait on her every need. Will Myla find herself falling for her unusual husband or will she escape this bizarre new life?
db-rose.jpg

Inspired by classic fairy tales, Death's Bride is a fantasy tale about a peasant girl named Myla that finds herself married to a strange nobleman. She must navigate the strange world he lives in and discover the secrets lies that lie behind her mysterious new husband. Chapters are released on a somewhat sporadic biweekly schedule. Typically either Monday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Friday.
db-chapters.jpg

Post edited by TheYayToast on

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2018
    db-links.jpg

Links to other cool stories and places to go...

The Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle: A reading circle for writers and readers of supernatural fantasy series.

Burton Legacy: (Currently on Hiatus) The sometimes heart breaking, but always entertaining story of the Burton family.

Friends of Foes: A story about friendship and romance amidst royal intrigue, betrayal, and a decades long feud between factions.

The Illusion of Light: The story of a young boy named Vincent who has been kidnapped by a family of vampires not as a snack, but as the future husband of the young heiress, Acacia. Will Vincent find his way out of this strange new life or will he find himself enjoying life as Acacia's husband?

The Plums: An I'm Surrounded By Idiots challenge featuring a strange insane blue man obsessed with working out in his bathroom. And other fascinating misadventures.

The Smallwood Family Legacy: A vampire legacy in which a family has to find a way to defeat the vampire grandmaster in order to secure their own safety.

Undead with Benefits: A comedic action series that focuses around a master vampire and his band of unusual underlings.

What Are We Really Made Of?: A post apocalyptic legacy in which the characters have to overcome not only the hardships that come from life in the harsh wasteland town of Glassbolt, but their own pasts.

Winter's Alchemy: A prose only Sims legacy focusing on the Winter family in which they must maintain a delicate balance of possibly living forever using the gift of alchemy and watching the people they love die or making the most of their morality and enjoying a full life with those they love.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Omg I am freaking out for Myla right now. Poor girl! You have made death sooooooooo scary. I would not want to be his bride/groom. *shivers*
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Oh yay, a new chapter! I really like the setting you've created for this story. The screenshots are really fitting, too! :smiley: I wonder who that ghost is.
    edited February 2018
    Oh yay, a new chapter! I really like the setting you've created for this story. The screenshots are really fitting, too! :smiley: I wonder who that ghost is.

Oh is he a just a ghost? By the description of the hood, I thought he was death.

Oh is he a just a ghost? By the description of the hood, I thought he was death.

:) I meant the ghost in chapter three. The noble guy might be death. (Probably, considering the title.)

:) I meant the ghost in chapter three. The noble guy might be death. (Probably, considering the title.)

Oh right. Silly me, yes I thought you were talking about the noble guy. :D Yeah, the ghost's pretty interesting too.
    edited February 2018

Oops sorry double post.
    You guys are correct. Gian is the ghost. Lord Du Bois is the Deathly Nobleman.

I have Part four up, but I don't have screen caps. I might add them later, but you can read the story now if ya want. :)

Part 4

In addition, here's a drawing I did of Myla!
    tumblr_p3w8n1cio31wwvkeco1_1280.jpg
    Aww she's very cute. I love your drawing style. :) I'll have a read of the next part in a bit.
    Aww she's very cute. I love your drawing style. :) I'll have a read of the next part in a bit.

@simscognito Thanks! I'll probably post another part up today. Since this is a short one.
    Posted another chapter. Once again no screenshots. This will probably change sometime in the near future though. My Sims time has been temporarily halted as I am trying to spend time integrating my new kitten into the household. ^.^"

Part 5
    Oh dear poor Myla! He does not sound like a very desirable husband or a very nice one at that. :D
    How could she tell. He's a jerk in robes! Haha.
    tumblr_p3wgb5hSBx1wwvkeco1_1280.jpg

Drew another picture of Myla. This one of her and the Lord Du Bois. It's actually a teeny quick sketch. The figures are actually only about an inch and a half tall. I didn't bother erasing the construction on it either. So you can see Myla's legs through her dress... ^.^" I thought I'd fix it in inking, but I didn't get around to inking it.
    edited February 2018
    Edit: Double post. >.>
    Oh wow! This is awesome. She does look very scared. Poor thing.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    good chapters!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'm intrigued. :) I love ancient supernatural husbands that may or may not be Death itself.

Though even with the warning I missed having screenshots in the last two chapters. Lol. It's entirely 'cause you did a good job making the setting look dirty and historical so I wanted more of course.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Ugh! I'm really not liking Lord Du Bois so far. :# I don't think he'll win me over, based on that introduction. Even if he does come around, I'll probably keep holding a grudge! :D But really, poor Myla... :frowning:
    edited February 2018
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I'm intrigued. :) I love ancient supernatural husbands that may or may not be Death itself.

Though even with the warning I missed having screenshots in the last two chapters. Lol. It's entirely 'cause you did a good job making the setting look dirty and historical so I wanted more of course.

I'm glad you liked it! I've actually taken screen shots and will be uploading them to the existing chapters today! The upcoming chapters are also all ready to go with actual pictures.
    Ugh! I'm really not liking Lord Du Bois so far. :# I don't think he'll win me over, based on that introduction. Even if he does come around, I'll probably keep holding a grudge! :D But really, poor Myla... :frowning:

That's pretty fair. Lord Du Bois doesn't make a very good impression does he?
  • LJFoxieLJFoxie Posts: 929 Member
    I love your story, looking forward to reading more! :)
    pa5RIHV.jpg

LJFoxie wrote: »

Thanks! I just stared reading your Smallwood legacy earlier today! I'm really liking it so far!
    Part 6 of Death's Bride is now up. I also went back and added screenshots to the last two chapters! Now you all get to actually see what Lord Du Bois looks like! Haha

Part 6

Author's note: I decided against using the actual Grim Reaper costume cause you have to down load it as custom content and it's sort of weird. (Du Bois wasn't spawned as a Grim Reaper.) The arms and hands are apart of the hood... So you can't mix and match pieces. I wanted his face to still be visible instead of just a black void.

I might have to try my hand at making custom content to get exactly what I'd want. But I have worked with meshes and those things since Sims 3. Oh boy...
  • LJFoxieLJFoxie Posts: 929 Member
    LJFoxie wrote: »

Thanks! I just stared reading your Smallwood legacy earlier today! I'm really liking it so far!

Oh wow thank you! Glad you are enjoying it! :)
    pa5RIHV.jpg

Oh no! Poor Myla but I love her bravery. I wonder... maybe she will see another side to him in time??? Or.... maybe she'll manage to escape?