APRIL 17 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Patch notes here.
Friday Highlight 04/13 is out in the wild! Check out the highlights here!

Bring Sims 1 to Origin please???

I know this is silly to ask but please please please please bring the Sims 1 game to Origin it has been 18 years since we started to play it and I well miss it so much I have all of the disks of the Sims 1 and I can install it just fine but to play it my computer is like Nope not going to happen I just really miss playing Sims 1 the game that got me hooked on the whole Sims series Can we please try to get it on Origin in the future so non Simmer who have never played the game play with a true Classic then go to Sims 2 3 and 4 to see what made us true Simmers? This is my Only wish right now is that we bring the Sims 1 back from Grim's hands and the shadows and bring life to a game that everyone that started out with has great memories of playing. When I got the Sims 1 base game I played for 33+ hours and I killed off Bob on accident and I was ready to give up the game but I didn't I stayed with it and I'm still going to stay with my Sims no matter what they have my heart. Thank you Sims team and EA for making a Great Series with the Sims!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Comments

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,175 Member
    I'd pay like $20 or something for a Sims 1 Complete Edition for sure!
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 3,889 Member
    Even though I can still play the sims 1 complete collection on my pc, I wouldn’t mind having it digitally.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,211 Member
    Even though I can still play the sims 1 complete collection on my pc, I wouldn’t mind having it digitally.

It would be nice if it was updated to 1080p 16:9 tho

My Top 5 Sims Games:
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 4
    3. The Sims 3 (would be higher if it worked properly)
    4. The Sims 1
    5. The Sims Medieval

xyIcMqt.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 3,889 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

It would be nice if it was updated to 1080p 16:9 tho

I agree there. But the graphics are part of their charm.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 1,820 Member
    I don’t think they will because they’d be bogged down with reports of this or that not working. And besides why offer us an old game for free/cheap when they can continue to push the new stuff for premium price? Doesn’t make sense from a financial standpoint.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
  • fusco215fusco215 Posts: 1 New Member
    I miss Sims 1. Sims 1 & 2 were for fun for me than Sims 3 &4.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,427 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t think they will because they’d be bogged down with reports of this or that not working. And besides why offer us an old game for free/cheap when they can continue to push the new stuff for premium price? Doesn’t make sense from a financial standpoint.

They can do what they did with Sims 2. They offered it but it's with the notice that the game is no longer being supported and if/when there are problems you can try contacting CS but you're probably going to be on your own in fixing it. It's only a matter of time before Sims 3 also becomes unsupported so there's no reason they can't offer Sims 1 with a warning that it's going to remain unupdated and unsported going forward so it's a play/buy at your own "risk" type of deal.
  • spookyHTMLspookyHTML Posts: 14 New Member
    I would love this.
  • catman30cacatman30ca Posts: 11 New Member
    So I had decided after coming across old lets play videos on YouTube that I wanted to revisit the original sims and sims 2. I have all the discs up to 4 which I only have the first disc and the rest are digital. I enjoy playing 3 and 4 and I am glad that with origin I don't need to insert a disc so I can play when I'm away from home. So on my desktop I have the quick play icons for all of the sims 2/3/4 and couldn't find 1. In my programs "now I run windows 10" well what I found was makin magic but under it it said unavailable. Now it also says this for the base game of 2 and a couple other expansions for 2. The rest say electronic arts underneath. So I uninstalled makin magic and then was able to reinstall them all but I cant find them now and when I try to play a box pops up saying log in as administrator to play or something to this effect which I thought I was as I'm the only one on my computer. I also see in apps/programs that it says that unavailable thing under the title for 1 of the sims stories pack along with my zoo tycoon and rollercoaster tycoon 2 game. Now I know they aren't maxis or ea games. It was just something I noticed. I haven't yet tried to play 2 or some of the other games just curious. Also beside the programs in the control panel they all have dates of Jan 16 2018 beside all but my sims 4 game and the makin magic which I just reinstalled today and has todays date. I haven't played these titles in over a year maybe 2.
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior Posts: 2 New Member
    Yeah, I have to admit I would love to get the sims 1 on origin, still got my original copy to this day.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 31 Member
    Sadly I think my current laptop wouldn't be able to handle the old graphics. Or the game wouldn't play properly on my laptop.

My Sims 1 games all went the same way... I'd use the klapaucius cheat to get oodles of money and build giant houses with the most expensive furnishings and they all looked very similar :D :D I only ever had the base game though, I came to Sims 1 on PC comparatively late, and could never find all the expansions. I did manage to get Unleashed once, from a second-hand shop, but there was no install code :'(