Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console Patch. Really?

Comments

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    It's unbelievable that the recent patches state "We've added this" or "We've done that" but never "We've fixed the game crashing issue" or "We've fixed this bug".

The past few nights, my game has crashed within 5 minutes and 10 minutes of playing. The first night, my Sim Kelly starts walking up the stairs in her home and the game crashed in the first 5 minutes of play. And the second time, my Sim's family are having a birthday party and the game crashed.

Its weird that a console game would crash.

Its kind of not tho really. Happens to the majority of console games.

I guess I just haven't been fortunate enough to witness it.

The only time i have i had issues if there was something wrong with the disc.

Some people dont, your one of the lucky ones :smiley:
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    It's unbelievable that the recent patches state "We've added this" or "We've done that" but never "We've fixed the game crashing issue" or "We've fixed this bug".

The past few nights, my game has crashed within 5 minutes and 10 minutes of playing. The first night, my Sim Kelly starts walking up the stairs in her home and the game crashed in the first 5 minutes of play. And the second time, my Sim's family are having a birthday party and the game crashed.

I hope mine doesn't start to crash when they start adding more packs. I would of hope they would make the game stable before bringing it to console.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I wouldn’t say crashing happens to the majority of console games. I have plenty of XB1 titles and none of them (including Sims 4) have ever crashed. So when crashing is happening, and it apparently is happening a lot with Sims 4 on console, then there’s an actual issue.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Your right it is not the case for everybody else who plays console.

Bugs and crashes are a very common issue for console just as they are for PC/Mac.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

I has moree mine doesn't start to crash when they start adding more packs. I would of hope they would make the game stable before bringing it to console.

Hi,
    How much space have you used your console dardrive?
    Agree it is worring me a little. All those packs. Could cause issues.
    I only install the packs I want to play at the moment and about 8 other games and the sims 4 base game.
    I hope this isn't the case.

marcel21 wrote: »

I has moree mine doesn't start to crash when they start adding more packs. I would of hope they would make the game stable before bringing it to console.

Hi,
    I only install the packs I want to play at the moment and about 8 other games and the sims 4 base game.

Only 2% of my total.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Some bugs are initiated after an certain pattern has been met and looking at Sims series there are a whole lot of patterns so not everyone going to see an bug until they do something to initiate it. I have had no problems with Sims 4 console yet being I like the design other than the controller option I really do not play with it to see any bugs also I have a vast library of Xbox games that I must comb through.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    My game crashed 3 times last night, twice in just 35 minutes.
    2quwd7.gif

Idk if this is related but the fan on my Xbox has gotten loud after the recent patch.

I don't think it's normal.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Its not normal for a console game to crash. I’ve always had a console and I’ve had one crash with gta 4.

On my PS4 none of my games crash. My husband works for a AAA gaming company and even he would tell you crashes on a console are not the norm. The game is just a very poor port that clearly has had minimal testing.

Idk if this is related but the fan on my Xbox has gotten loud after the recent patch.

Definitely not normal. Does it kick into overdrive as soon as you launch the game or does it get loud while you are playing? I haven’t played since the latest patch was released so I can’t say if my Xbox fan is reacting similarly.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Its not normal for a console game to crash. I’ve always had a console and I’ve had one crash with gta 4.

On my PS4 none of my games crash. My husband works for a AAA gaming company and even he would tell you crashes on a console are not the norm. The game is just a very poor port that clearly has had minimal testing.

Yeah a lot of crashing happens to me also and only when I play TS4. I don't have many games either running on my console so its definitely a problem on their side.
    I'm waiting for them to make an actual patch that's useful. -sighs-
    [
    marcel21 wrote: »

Hi,

Only 2% of my total.

I see.
    How big is your hardrive?
    How much have you used with all games added?

Mines a terabyte.
    I have about 700 Gigabyte left.

The crashing started when i added the bundle.

Let's hope the game doe not become more unstable.
    With the more packs added.

Definitely not normal. Does it kick into overdrive as soon as you launch the game or does it get loud while you are playing? I haven’t played since the latest patch was released so I can’t say if my Xbox fan is reacting similarly.

As soon as the Xbox turns on. And it never stops. The timing with the sims 4 patch may just be a coincidence. I need a new Xbox but I didn't buy the warranty :(

The fan is too loud to ignore. It's annoying. I know people with Xbox one s have had fan issues but mine is a constant whirring sound while others were experiencing a clicking sound. I have the original fat one and I can't find very much info about it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg

As soon as the Xbox turns on. And it never stops. The timing with the sims 4 patch may just be a coincidence. I need a new Xbox but I didn't buy the warranty :(

The fan is too loud to ignore. It's annoying. I know people with Xbox one s have had fan issues but mine is a constant whirring sound while others were experiencing a clicking sound. I have the original fat one and I can't find very much info about it.

Hmm. I would make sure the Xbox is in an area where the fan can expel the heat and also that the fan is free of any obstructions (dust, pet hair, etc). If the machine is getting overheated then there is definitely a problem, but if the fan starts up loud there might just be something in there.

Hmm. I would make sure the Xbox is in an area where the fan can expel the heat and also that the fan is free of any obstructions (dust, pet hair, etc). If the machine is getting overheated then there is definitely a problem, but if the fan starts up loud there might just be something in there.

Without opening the console open, which is rather difficult, I'm not sure how to remove dust.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    After the patch, I noticed a distinct slowdown and a lot of flickering that had not been present before. It was as if there was a major struggle to keep the graphics and processor at its peak (for the PS4 version).

Without opening the console open, which is rather difficult, I'm not sure how to remove dust.

Suprised that xbox never did what sony/playstation did with the ps4 pro where the top panel of the console just clicks off revealing the fan so you can easily clean it.

Suprised that xbox never did what sony/playstation did with the ps4 pro where the top panel of the console just clicks off revealing the fan so you can easily clean it.

Yeah idk what I'm suppose to do. Either my xbox fan has dust on it that i can't reach, causing the fan to work harder than usual or the sims 4 is causing the system to work harder then it should need to :(
    LR3g0ni.jpg

Yeah idk what I'm suppose to do. Either my xbox fan has dust on it that i can't reach, causing the fan to work harder than usual or the sims 4 is causing the system to work harder then it should need to :(

Microsoft Support might be of some assistance to you. They may have some tips for cleaning the fan.

Microsoft Support might be of some assistance to you. They may have some tips for cleaning the fan.

This ^ i used a hoover nozel to clean my xbox 360 back in the day but i doubt thats recomended. Just gets the dust out the vents etc.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I see the bug where the game suddenly decides to stick on either the needs or the inventory (eventually doing so invisibly), rendering you unable to perform manual actions with the Sims is still there.

After using a can of compressed air, the noise went down a little, I think :)
    LR3g0ni.jpg

After using a can of compressed air, the noise went down a little, I think :)

Good to hear!
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    > @RionAgrias said:
    > I see the bug where the game suddenly decides to stick on either the needs or the inventory (eventually doing so invisibly), rendering you unable to perform manual actions with the Sims is still there.

I've noticed that too and I hate it, especially during Sim creation where the Outfit Options panel just stays on the screen.

Also, can the problem of things going missing please be fixed? I have added completed house designs to my Library, saved the game just to have them gone the following night of play. Also, the past two nights, I had a Sim (Raven) meet someone (Karen) and they started to get involved. Last night, Karen was suddenly no longer in Raven's relationships list, as if they hadn't even met. It was like the game had Short Term Memory Loss.
    2quwd7.gif