Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console Patch. Really?

Why did they even bother to update?

We didn't even get the anniversary gifts and we still dont have the new roof tools or animals hats that came in a patch a few months ago.
LR3g0ni.jpg

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Welcome to the future and it stinks. There is a war going on between the console, PC and mobile devices. It is all about money.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Well the console version did get some bug issues fixed. Kind of expected it, since the francise had really been on PC for 18 years. The console version will always be playing catch up, since it is a different team that is localizing it from PC to console.
  • Rockstar042189Rockstar042189 Posts: 7 New Member
    Wiuld like more black hairstyles and more skin tones like pc
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    I feel like there were more bugs to fix than just the few they listed in the notes.
    floralney wrote: »
    I feel like there were more bugs to fix than just the few they listed in the notes.

The team has to be able to duplicate or get game files that have the bugs first. Then they can work on coding a fix. A career in Get to Work was bugged for a year or so on PC before a fix was patched. Some bugs will take time.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

We didn't even get the anniversary gifts and we still dont have the new roof tools or animals hats that came in a patch a few months ago.

We did get the annivesery gifts on console. We got the new shirt,new short curly hair and new skintones. I saw them.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

We did get the annivesery gifts on console. We got the new shirt,new short curly hair and new skintones. I saw them.

Are you sure? They didn't even bother to mention them in the patch notes.
    LR3g0ni.jpg

Are you sure? They didn't even bother to mention them in the patch notes.

Yes cause I saw them in cas after updating and plus here is more proof.

edited February 2018
    Never mind
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    Did they ever patch in photography skill and add the ability to take pictures? I read the patch notes but they didn't really mention much. Unless all the changed were 5 things.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    shotbyron wrote: »
    Did they ever patch in photography skill and add the ability to take pictures? I read the patch notes but they didn't really mention much. Unless all the changed were 5 things.

Nope. The game isn’t quite on the same page as PC. The patch was kind of disappointing. Sims 4 on Xbox is playable, but has a lot of bugs. Bugs pertaining to the controller should be top priority. If they can’t replicate that on their end then they aren’t properly testing the game.

Nope. The game isn’t quite on the same page as PC. The patch was kind of disappointing. Sims 4 on Xbox is playable, but has a lot of bugs. Bugs pertaining to the controller should be top priority. If they can’t replicate that on their end then they aren’t properly testing the game.

It's the same on the ps4.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Its a possibility they won't give us free stuff like they do for PC/Mac
    Blows if its the case :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

They only did that for PC/Mac!
    Blows.

• plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    The anniversary items are there, I saw them & wondered if I was crazy for not noticing them before. I just don't understand why they wouldn't mention that in the patch notes. Not like there was much else listed there to begin with..
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

With the exception of 2017 freebies (everything after toddlers) they have supplied the same free content in 2018 for both platforms. The January patch added the same PC content on console, and the newest patch added the hair/shirt and skin tones from the PC update as well.
    The anniversary items are there, I saw them & wondered if I was crazy for not noticing them before. I just don't understand why they wouldn't mention that in the patch notes. Not like there was much else listed there to begin with..

I know right. Honestly it was kinda rude. You can't take 2 seconds to copy and paste and let us know?

I dont like feeling like a less important customer just because im playing the sims on console instead of pc.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    I wonder sometimes if they have the adequate manpower behind the console version, like for public interaction, technical support & bug-testing, etc. Or this could just be standard fare for the game that I wouldn't know because I never played the PC version.

We just got the anniversary stuff in the console patch.

I know right. Honestly it was kinda rude. You can't take 2 seconds to copy and paste and let us know?

I dont like feeling like a less important customer just because im playing the sims on console instead of pc.
    I guess that's why the SimGuru mentioned it on Twitter cause they forgot to in the patch notes.
    edited February 2018

With the exception of 2017 freebies (everything after toddlers) they have supplied the same free content in 2018 for both platforms. The January patch added the same PC content on console, and the newest patch added the hair/shirt and skin tones from the PC update as well.

They haven't added the photography skill or those extra roofs?

edited February 2018

We just got the anniversary stuff in the console patch.

Did they not say the photography skill was not coming to console?

True

What I should have posted was they might not give all free stuff on console,

edited February 2018

I see.
    So have they added the new roofs?
    Or the photography skill to the base game?
    What i meant to say was they might not give us all free stuff.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Certain bugs do not effect all players on similar systems. That is why they also ask for bugged game files, because they may not be able to reproduce the bug on their end. Like i said, it took years for some bugs to be fixed on PC so some may be difficult to find a fix.