Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims from my home world are in Egypt?

My two sims went to Egypt for a "Honeymoon" And I noticed two of their friends tagged along.I didn't invite them, but they show up in the panel as being there, and they are always part of the "Group Outing" One of them is listed as an explorer.Is this suppose to happen?

Also is the food truck suppose to be in Egypt? I haven't played WA in such a long time.I do have Traveller mod installed, and maybe that's the issue?(I have back up of my save, so if this is some sort of issue with traveller, I can revert)

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    Explorers are the same things as Tourists in the WA worlds. The mod that controls them, how many, how long they hang around, and which worlds they are allowed to be from, would be NRaas Register. The Explorer/Tourist sims are not full versions of those homeworld sims, they are scaled down data representations of themselves called Mini-Sims. They are there for flavor and there are limited numbers of things one can do with them while they are in that state. I usually say hello if my sims encounter any whom they know, sometimes I befriend them with the intent of inviting the "real" sims over for a visit later once back home to catch up and reminisce about adventures, etc., but often enough I just ignore them.

The mod to disallow the food and ice cream trucks on a per world basis is NRaas Traffic. Yes, it's Traveler that allows them to appear though. They aren't harmful in small numbers, but some feel in scenes like when trekking across the Al Simharan desert, it's a bit silly to be stalked by a fleet of ice cream trucks. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Explorers are the same things as Tourists in the WA worlds. The mod that controls them, how many, how long they hang around, and which worlds they are allowed to be from, would be NRaas Register. The Explorer/Tourist sims are not full versions of those homeworld sims, they are scaled down data representations of themselves called Mini-Sims. They are there for flavor and there are limited numbers of things one can do with them while they are in that state. I usually say hello if my sims encounter any whom they know, sometimes I befriend them with the intent of inviting the "real" sims over for a visit later once back home to catch up and reminisce about adventures, etc., but often enough I just ignore them.

The mod to disallow the food and ice cream trucks on a per world basis is NRaas Traffic. Yes, it's Traveler that allows them to appear though. They aren't harmful in small numbers, but some feel in scenes like when trekking across the Al Simharan desert, it's a bit silly to be stalked by a fleet of ice cream trucks. ;)

Thanks as long as the food truck really isn't harmful, I'm fine with it, I just don't recall seeing it before, but I haven't played WA in a long time.Interacting with them usually don't cause issues?
    Thanks as long as the food truck really isn't harmful, I'm fine with it, I just don't recall seeing it before, but I haven't played WA in a long time.Interacting with them usually don't cause issues?
    Indigestion maybe? :p

No, they don't cause issues unless they overspawn due to a game glitch and you have thousands of them. The Traffic mod prevents that from happening as well (in all worlds) and Overwatch cleans them up on its nightly runs if that does happen.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Hunter_CottoneyeHunter_Cottoneye Posts: 48 Member
    I do not think so because I play frequently and the ice cream truck is just great when the hot sun is melting my Sim. Thanks to NRRAS we have options to change things the way we like. ;)
    edited February 2018
    @Hunter_Cottoneye - Yes, but you see in an effort to gentrify the Al Simharan desert, there must be constraints placed. Next thing you know the locals will have air conditioned gyms, bowling alleys, Internet cafes, shopping malls, laundromats, resident mummies will be used as school teachers and daycare providers, there will be all night dance clubs down in the already explored tombs, and a Planetarium will appear on the edge of the town map. And then...well, then, that would be igazor's version of Al Simhara already so I guess nothing bad happens except that the locals get to enjoy themselves more in between hosting all of the tomb related mystery and intrigue. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @Hunter_Cottoneye - Yes, but you see in an effort to gentrify the Al Simharan desert, there must be constraints placed. Next thing you know the locals will have air conditioned gyms, bowling alleys, Internet cafes, shopping malls, laundromats, resident mummies will be used as school teachers and daycare providers, there will be all night dance clubs down in the already explored tombs, and a Planetarium will appear on the edge of the town map. And then...well, then, that would be igazor's version of Al Simhara already so I guess nothing bad happens except that the locals get to enjoy themselves more in between hosting all of the tomb related mystery and intrigue. :p

@igazor It would be such a bummer if some bourgie nightclub decided to colonize one of the tombs and mercilessly appropriate its throwback vibe. People these days are so proud of themselves for *discovering* the charm of distressed four-thousand-year-old limestone brick, artisanal locally-sourced small-batch canopic jars, and vintage hand-crafted wood sarcophagi. I guess even sim developers really have no shame, profiting off of someone else's culture while running roughshod over the local craftspeople whose work made the neighborhood so vibrant and full of life... ummm, or full of something, anyway.

Just so you know, I was into getting cursed by a mummy before it was big.
    edited February 2018
    @puzzlezaddict - I'm not talking about the inner sanctums of beauty and ancient history that can still be found deep within the tomb levels and that still require swimming through dive portals and playing games with heavy statues, floor switches, and fire traps to get into even if they have already been looted. Those are sacred and should remain so.

But not entirely sure that I see any benefit or respectfulness to ancient cultures connected with leaving already explored (exploited) upper level tombs lay as they are, polluted with empty treasure chests, discarded instant camera and film wrappers, used but now useless keystones, empty dried food packaging, spent showers in a can, used discarded sleeping bags, and other forms of touristy litter. Instead, for the benefit of locals and visitors alike, we could have nice clean and safe underground venues for entertainment in those spaces and the Role Sim slots (mixologists, for example) can provide jobs for the locals who otherwise might not really have much in the way of income or skill gaining opportunities to speak of. Even something as innocuous as a locally owned Simbucks (coffee barista) franchise showing up on the central marketplace can be fine if it's tastefully done and blends in with its surroundings. A garish red and white porcelain tiled McSimBurger outlet in the middle of town with drastically obnoxious signage might be where I have to draw the line although even that does offer some opportunities for those inclined to join a (somewhat) culinary career that within the game at least is not entirely exploitative.

What else exactly are the locals supposed to do for activities beyond wandering around aimlessly between the pyramids all hours of the day and night for no apparent reason? I don't think I've noticed much in the way of televisions and computers in their houses as EA set them up although the power grid and infrastructure are there, there isn't even a public library in town that I can remember let alone a stadium, school, or anything that looks like a homeworld university. Yet they take to video game arcades, skee-ball, Internet cafes, and bistros as happily as any other sims with time to spare on their hands and on the gym/dance studio with basketball and soccer courts out back, they were lined up around the corner to get in from the day it opened.

Lighten up. :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor ummm... speaking of lightening up... I'm actually kind of insulted that you thought I was being serious, as that would make me a dirty, dirty hipster. I guess I just know so many of them IRL I figured it would be obvious that I was being facetious. I suppose I could make myself a custom neck-beard emoji for extra emphasis, but I don't think anyone wants to see that.

And yes, I'm well aware of what's happened to the real pyramids, or Mt. Everest for that matter, as well as the locals who are stuck trying to mitigate the damage. They have every right to open a club or two and price-gouge the rowdy tourists on bottle service.
    edited February 2018
    I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean for my thread to cause anyone to get insulted.I was just curious as to why some of my neighbors randomly appeared.I thought it was Traveller causing it as I do have an issue with sunset valley, Sunset valley has weird families scattered, like a family called MaleGHOSTS living in the junk yard and a little girl living by herself in the exlir, shop and I googled and found an old thread stating that it was traveller that did, so I was just curious if it was causing this to.
  • Hunter_CottoneyeHunter_Cottoneye Posts: 48 Member
    edited February 2018
    I did not have this issue, but as we know after playing for a long time the world population increase by itself if you are playing with story progression. One thing that I love is that if you have a horse you can travel to Egypt with your horse as long as you select it.

It is awesome to travel to Egypt and uncover the secrets with MorcuCorp.

27748237_123139481836996_1924287628187937768_o.jpg?oh=5b2b6706fab7121a033d4eab1499dd67&oe=5ADAB886

27798106_123145365169741_7288476928301057188_o.jpg?oh=3ac5bb96d66f02adbcd3a0b772c8baf0&oe=5AE3FF56

27907705_123149551835989_8614207370116995986_o.jpg?oh=c7cb5d87bedc948e3936fc84be9296ee&oe=5B12282C

I understand that the town is boring and I want to know how we can change that. I saw a button to edit but I never tried it before. As I say before traveling with your horse is awesome for this adventure and changing lots and adding more fun to the place is something that I am looking forward to doing.

@Springfairy556 No worries, I was just messing around and someone apparently thought I actually believed that junk.

As for your SV issues, I read a while ago (I could probably find the post, but I don't have time right now) that the game putting ghosts in houses can happen when you switch saves without quitting to the desktop. When you just go to the main menu, the game keeps some data from the previous save and can deposit it in the new town you're loading, leading to all kinds of seemingly inexplicable issues. I don't know how to fix them except to say that this is why so many people insist on always fully quitting and then dumping their caches.
    edited February 2018
    @Springfairy556 No worries, I was just messing around and someone apparently thought I actually believed that junk.
    No one from this corner really did. I also was just messing around.

It's a game forum. Aren't we allowed to argue passionately about total nonsense just for fun? Cultural sensitivities aside, sims are digital creatures. They have no sensitivities beyond that which EA taught them! :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I didn't know pets could travel, I was never able to bring my dog with me, interesting that the horse ca go, that's cool!
    edited February 2018

As for your SV issues, I read a while ago (I could probably find the post, but I don't have time right now) that the game putting ghosts in houses can happen when you switch saves without quitting to the desktop. When you just go to the main menu, the game keeps some data from the previous save and can deposit it in the new town you're loading, leading to all kinds of seemingly inexplicable issues. I don't know how to fix them except to say that this is why so many people insist on always fully quitting and then dumping their caches.

That's actually the post I read.Fortunately, its not a save that is having the issue.So my saves are ok, unfortunately it is actually sunset valley itself(start a new game/save) that has this issue.Good thing I don't play in Sunset Valley.XD

That's actually the post I read.Fortunately, its not a save that is having the issue.So my saves are ok, unfortunately it is actually sunset valley itself(start a new game/save) that has this issue.Good thing I don't play in Sunset Valley.XD
    If you start a new game in SV or any other world without having quit all the way back to the Desktop (or Origin if on Patch 1.69) first, there is an EA glitch that fails to clear out all of the contents of RAM. The presence of the Traveler mod makes this worse. Starting or loading a different game from the Main Menu can cause the data of one world to be superimposed on that of another and can likewise cause the ghosts living on community lots thing being described even in a brand new game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!