Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

game taking forever to load

i just put a new house in one of the worlds im trying to get back to my world and its just sitting here loading literally for like 10- 15 minutes

why?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    You may need to use task manager to close the sims 4 game. Then go back into the game, try loading a household and see if the issues are still occurring. I am sorry though that you will loss your save progress from when you last saved :(
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited February 2018
    my game loads slow too. thats because my computer is below minimum requirements. the game is only fast when I disable all DLC . It only loads fast with base game only.

a computer that meets recommended requirements would be 10x faster. once i go down to the base game only, loading screens rarely go over 10-12 seconds now :) ready to get a new laptop
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    i almost 100 percent sure it meets all requirements
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    You may need to use task manager to close the sims 4 game. Then go back into the game, try loading a household and see if the issues are still occurring. I am sorry though that you will loss your save progress from when you last saved :(

ive done that twice
    Specs

Intel Core i5-7400 Processor
    1TB Hard Drive
    8GB Memory
    NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Graphics
    Windows 10
    edited February 2018
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate. Try lowering the graphics settings. Also lower in the ingame screen resolution.

Try playing in windowed mode.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If the loading screen is lengthy only on a certain lot, it may be the build. The build may have a lot of clutter in it, or may be large, or comtan cc that is causing issues.
    rosemow wrote: »
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate. Try lowering the graphics settings. Also lower in the ingame screen resolution.

Try playing in windowed mode.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If the loading screen is lengthy only on a certain lot, it may be the build. The build may have a lot of clutter in it, or may be large, or comtan cc that is causing issues.

no mods or cc there is clutter and the house is big i will try the graphics and the resolution

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Hello
    I have the same problem.
    Since a few days my game takes like forever to load. Once in game it won’t run smoothly.
    I haven’t had this issue before, it happened very suddenly.

I do not have any mods or CC
    I deleted my cache files
    I emptied my tray folder
    I removed my Sims 4 folder and once the game created a new folder, everything worked very fine.
    But as soon as I insert my old Sims 4 folder, it is laggy again. There must be something wrong with my save?

Is there anything else I can try?

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    Hello
    I have the same problem.
    Since a few days my game takes like forever to load. Once in game it won’t run smoothly.
    I haven’t had this issue before, it happened very suddenly.

I do not have any mods or CC
    I deleted my cache files
    I emptied my tray folder
    I removed my Sims 4 folder and once the game created a new folder, everything worked very fine.
    But as soon as I insert my old Sims 4 folder, it is laggy again. There must be something wrong with my save?

Is there anything else I can try?

Hello @Busufu
    After moving your sims folder, and generating a new sims 4 folder, don’t put back the whole old sims 4 folder.Instead, copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the old sims 4 folder.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Hello @rosemow
    Thank you so much! I did exactly what you explained and now it’s working perfectly and very fast without any issues! Must have been something wrong with the other files I had in this folder. I had a lot of very old data there form 2014 when I installed the game.
    Thank you I'm so happy its working proper again. <3

The inventories are empty, I don't like messes. Even in the Sims game :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    Hello @rosemow
    Thank you so much! I did exactly what you explained and now it’s working perfectly and very fast without any issues! Must have been something wrong with the other files I had in this folder. I had a lot of very old data there form 2014 when I installed the game.
    Thank you I'm so happy its working proper again. <3

The inventories are empty, I don't like messes. Even in the Sims game :D

You’re welcome :)
  • LivyRJosephLivyRJoseph Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having the same issues. I've deleted everything in the mods folder and it still wont work. This has only started happening after the recent update and I don't know if it's my mods, the game, or if i have a virus. So here's what's going on. Every time I download a mod or try to start the game its either really really laggy or it doesn't load and its stuck on the beginning Sims 4 screen. I have tried every possible solution it feels like and nothing is working. Please help I haven't been able to play. :(
    I'm having the same issues. I've deleted everything in the mods folder and it still wont work. This has only started happening after the recent update and I don't know if it's my mods, the game, or if i have a virus. So here's what's going on. Every time I download a mod or try to start the game its either really really laggy or it doesn't load and its stuck on the beginning Sims 4 screen. I have tried every possible solution it feels like and nothing is working. Please help I haven't been able to play. :(

Hello @LivyRJoseph
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links
    I did removed the mods folder and the thumbcache.package and it is working now not lagging or anything. Do u think it was the mods that was breaking it or no because i would like to play the game with the mods. Thank you so much.
    I did removed the mods folder and the thumbcache.package and it is working now not lagging or anything. Do u think it was the mods that was breaking it or no because i would like to play the game with the mods. Thank you so much.

Hello @LivyRJoseph
    It sounds like it may been the mods causing the issues.
    Try putting your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too
  • Dino_GaminzDino_Gaminz Posts: 8 New Member
    hello i am having the same problem, I don't have very many cc (like just 3 lol) there is nothing in my sims inventory because either just created her and added her to the world, when I go to play as her it loads forever, when I go strait to build in her house 8t exits me and says that I might have to refresh/rebut/restart my game and no matter how many times I do that it says the same thing, I can do cash just fine, it is just when I play in ANY households. I really just want to play my game, please help
    edited July 2018
    hello i am having the same problem, I don't have very many cc (like just 3 lol) there is nothing in my sims inventory because either just created her and added her to the world, when I go to play as her it loads forever, when I go strait to build in her house 8t exits me and says that I might have to refresh/rebut/restart my game and no matter how many times I do that it says the same thing, I can do cash just fine, it is just when I play in ANY households. I really just want to play my game, please help

Hello @Dino_Gaminz
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    Thank you so much rosemow!! It works now!!!
  • Dino_GaminzDino_Gaminz Posts: 8 New Member
    @rosemow you seem to be a sim genius!! helping everyone out! Thank you!
  • sunflowersimssunflowersims Posts: 1 New Member
    This is also happening to me, but on the intro screen (where it says the sims 4). How do I fix this? Is it a broken mod?
    This is also happening to me, but on the intro screen (where it says the sims 4). How do I fix this? Is it a broken mod?

Hello @sunflowersims
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.