Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nukecrest Tales

I thought I'd take a break from Murkland Challenge 1 and work on Nukecrest.

Birthed from the same cataclysmic event that spawned Murkland, Nukecrest wears a prettier wardrobe of leafy green. Beneath that green lace lies the familiar human decay. Overgrown, crumbling buildings hide beneath her skirts; only a faint glimmer of light giving clue to their existence. Humans struggle to eke out an existence among the greenery (or will when I get to them) and life slowly begins to rebuild...

I decided to make the back end of the world closer to Murkland; the front will be "posh". This is my first build for this world and it's at the posh end of town. This is a work in progress while I build to where I'm happy with it. I can't quite get the Angkor Wat feel (pre restoration) but I hope I'm getting close.

What are your Nukecrest stories?

cRJiUSA.png
nXxK1DD.png
EPJfEk6.png
Xo4iSmA.png
EPJfEk6.png
OYt7uJb.png

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Is Nukecrest a public Challenge someone's put up or is it your own personal challenge? Love the build. I see you have called it The Meeting Place so is it designated a Bar or something else? It's difficult getting the "broken" feel as we can't put holes in the walls or have busted fences etc. I did an apocalyptic retail series as my protest against EA's retail system they introduced in Sims 3 and continue the same lame stuff in Sims 4. Don't forget the ancient rock pieces from GT, the "scratches" from C&D and the Vampire pack has cracks to put on the walls. :)
  • Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    Thanks @sawdust for the ideas! I'd not realised GT had ancient rocks. I have used C&D scratches along with cracks, exposed timber, water stains, and cobwebs from Vampires. I've managed to get algae, brambles, thorns, and ivy in as well.

Nukecrest is part of the Murkland challenge from @Brennachan. It's been fun to do. Murkland is established for you but you build Nukecrest yourself. At the moment the lot is designated generic since I probably won't add everything that's required for a bar or coffee shop.
    You know Generic lots are non-visitor lots don't you. Your active household can visit but no-one else will show up. I had hoped they could be used for Group Meetings but they can't be designated as such. I have used the rocks (I can never remember their names) in my "Basement Living" build as a foundation to a house that got blown away. If you can't find them, download my build and use the eyedropper to clone. :)
  • Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    I wasn't sure about the generic thing but that's good to know. I'll change it later but I'm not sure what I'll make it. And thanks, I'll look into that build. :)
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Hi, @Tatts65 I have only built a Vets so far for Nukecrest,it is still very much in the development stage, I downloaded a Wagon store & family that runs it,I just need to build them a place to call home,or I may download one of the many other #Murkland or #Nukecrest builds to house them,having fun though, I am trying out a new destroyed back drop,it looks good in my empty hood!(Suits Nukecrest to a T) I wonder if I should put it in Murkland too!? ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

Am I allowed to build things for Nukecrest and put them on the Gallery or do you have to use special lots the challenge holder ok's?
    ~ No,any one can, & your apocalyptic builds would be perfect @sawdust all you need to do is tag them with #Nukecrest or #Murkland
    ~ But we would always welcome some more amazing builds from you, (if you have the time) I love what you build,& have more than I should of your builds in my game!
    <3
    ~ People doing the Challenge will look for them under those tags, as we all have free rein to build Nukecrest anyway we please, & every ones is different,but the first part of the challenge is played in Murkland which is already set up & populated, for this Challenge by #Brennachan
    ~ I hope to see some new builds for this from you,if you have the time, of course! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

edited February 2018
    @aussiekarima I'll definitely do some new builds but I got some sci-fi stuff in my head I want to get out first. I went to the Murkland thread to find out a bit more and I think my apocalyptic builds might need adjusting as they usually have showers. I also did a search in the Gallery for "Nukecrest" and was surprised to find so many builds.

A question, as I don't play much, the City Life trading trestles can they be used on residential lots? I saw a picture that fired a "Trading Post" scenario in my head and wondered if they work well on a home lot where you can invite people over to trade or are they better used on a community lot like retail?

And you can never have enough of my builds in your game (she says in a shameless self-promotion). ;):D
    ~ Yes they can but,at the moment they need to be fixed EA knows that a patch broke them & I am certain they will fix them, they work perfectly fine on Community lots but as they were made to also function on private lots,like a garage sale thingy!
    ~ So yes they do, but they do not work properly at the moment,as it is part of the Murkland challenge to sell you excess on them(from your private lot/home) to reach a money amount you must earn to go on to the next challenge! o:)
    ~ And I agree with you, I love your builds!♥ <3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ I forgot to add that showers will be OK in some builds if they are for #Nukecrest as #Murkland is already built by #Brennachan
    ~ Some households live "off the grid" No power,so keep that in mind,if they are downloaded(& they will) but instead of a fridge an esky, & barbie for cooking(we are getting a barrel barbie in the new adventure pack!)the shower in a tent, or the one that came with Granite Falls is a good shower to put in a build,maybe one outside like I grew up with,as we had tank water & outside loo! ;);)
    ~ The new pack has distressed stuff & jungle trees,with vines on them & everything, I can not wait to build with it! :) And play it, off course!LOL!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

I'm looking forward to the new pack which is a first for me as I haven't looked forward to anything so far. The only other thing I want are witches. I have a favourite witch house I have built in Sims 2 and 3 and am looking forward to building it in Sims 4 as well. :)

By the time I get the new pack I should be ready to start building some stuff for Nukecrest. :)