Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vacation Expansion Pack

I would like to see an expansion pack that introduces vacationing and staying in hotels/resorts. I like how Sims 2 handled vacations much more than Sims 3. In sims 2, you'd pick a hotel, stay in it and can wander at your leisure. Sims 3 had that weird base camp thing and you have to do those adventures, which I did not enjoy at all. I hated the visa point thing; that is nuts.

So therefore, it should involve hotels, points of interests, restaurants, shopping, beaches, festivals, spas, etc. There should be the ability to choose the length of your stay. The hotels should not be rabbitholes, like Sims 3 did with resorts.

Here are some ideas for world themes
  • Caribbean
  • Middle East/Desert
  • Mediterranean
  • Savanna/Steppe

Comments

• BiggieCheeseBiggieCheese Posts: 435 Member
    Perhaps you could live in different sim countries and be able to visit other countries on holiday. You should also be able to run your own hotels and resorts and be able to have restaurants and spas in them too.
    ~Keep on chit-chatting, saying this and that
    Talkin talkin talkin
    I do what I do, so you do you
    Dirty dirty
    You can’t stop me lovin’ myself
    ~
  • BaltiBalti Posts: 34 Member
    This is what I have posted in a few other threads regarding destination packs:

"Other than a Werewolf GP similar to the vampire one we got and one with Witches (+ carnivals, astrology, fortune tellers & curses),
    Seasons EP, University EP, some kind of hotel managing tropical & alpine pack with snorkling and diving/skiing and snowboarding,
    and maybe even a UK inspired GP/EP centered around modern Royalty, I just want loads of destination worlds for travelling and adventuring sims.

I'd absolutely LOOOVE a Tibet/Nepal Adventure destination world with snowy mountains..
    Exotic temples with monks and snow storms that keep you inside ( unless you want to die by getting stuck in snow or something or maybe stumble upon the rare Yeti ) and you could spend your time learning Kung Fu or meditating :D
    I'd 100% prefer this over a regular China/Japan/Korea/Mongolia/Thailand vacation or whatever.. This is the one I want the most more than any other destination pack <3

Also I'd really really like to have a UAE/Istanbul Middle Eastern Arabian inspired one.. With desert adventures on camels, camping under the starts in bedouin tents, belly dancing and spice/perfume/carpet markets etc and some exotic architecture! Maybe you could stumble upon magic lamps and genies if you were lucky.

I'd also really like to have back the Egyptian Adventure destination.. I never played Sims 3 and I love Egypt. Pyramid exploration, tombs, curses and archaeology!!

Ooooh and I'd definitely love a Venice destination focused on culture and like ballet/opera/theater/renaissance art and perhaps with it's own masquerade festival or ball :D Maybe they could include a historian/merchant career or perhaps opera-singing/ballet-dancing/acting/sculpturing/perfumery skills. Or tailoring and luxurious fabric shops. Hmm.. Or antique auctions! Lot's of possibilities.

I also wouldn't mind a tropical volcanic tiki island destination maybe inspired by Hawaii or something with beaches and natives that worship the volcano god, but I'm not as interested in this as the other ones now that we have Jungle Adventure and it would be somewhat similar world.

Maybe an Australian outback adventure world could have some potential with exotic and dangerous animals and maybe a career as a zoologist or poison/reptile collector. At least the nature would be a bit different.. "

Another post also gave me the idea of a Prairie type destination with maybe a horse ranch and cowboys and some native american indian aesthetics or influences.. hmm.. definitely could be cool with some north american wildlife too.. And I don't know if it would fit in with the prairie/cowboy theme, but I really want totem poles!!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Balti wrote: »
    Maybe an Australian outback adventure world could have some potential with exotic and dangerous animals and maybe a career as a zoologist or poison/reptile collector. At least the nature would be a bit different.. "

Good idea. I never thought of that. Very distinct from the other ideas.