Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Secrets

Share some interesting, odd or dark family secrets.
- My grandpa's aunt was placed in an asylum at the age of 20; nobody knows's what exactly besides his aunt at was in the asylum, his mom, and their other sister. All he know's for sure was that she was the youngest sister, she was pretty, smart and popular with the boys, and her older sisters were kinda jealous. One night the three of them went out partying together, and whatever happened is the reason she got locked away. When my grandpa and his mom visited her, she freaked out and started yelling you left me behind.
- My grandma (mom's side) was given to the state along with her sister when they were really little. My grandma developed polio and it paralyzed her vocal cords. It's believed that her parents came from money and that her mom was much younger than her dad. So when he died, she couldn't handle all the family drama and gave away her daughters.
- My grandpa has a relative that was the indirect cause of children dying from mumps, the relative was a little girl who had recently come to America and her parents didn't realize that she had mumps. The other children in the neighborhood soon developed mumps as well and soon died.
- My dad's aunt never married because that man she loved died in the war.
- My aunt was once married and found out he was homosexual, she caught him in bed with another man.
- My grandma (dad's side) died of a brain hemorrhage, she had just given birth 3 months prior.
o5jNANX.gif

Comments

• Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    This should be interesting.. lol

I don't think my family really has any secrets. My mom's side of the family started going through some drama after my aunt died. I don't know/remember much, but i do remember hearing that one of my uncle's girlfriends was really mean, and i remember going to my little cousin's birthday party and one of my cousins was fighting with my uncle.

While this isn't much of a secret, my dad's aunt stirred up a little bit of drama this Christmas. She insisted on hosting the Christmas party at her house even though she knew my Nana had throat surgery recently and couldn't go. Pretty selfish, but i don't care much anymore as it's been a month already.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    AricieAricie Posts: 102 Member
    My Grandpa was working in a mine in France after the war because there was no work in Germany. He fell in love with a married Frenchwoman and knocked her up. They kept it a secret and after the baby was born she urged him to flee the country because it looked so much like him. So he snuck up to her house one night and she held the baby over the balcony for him to meet his son and say goodbye. He went back to Germany that night and his son to this day doesn't know his Dad is not his real father.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    It's not really my family (well not technically) it's my boyfriends - there's a thought that my boyfriends cousin is a half sister.. because they reckon his dad cheated with his mums sister whilst he was away a lot in the army.

to clarify - the dad and mum had my boyfriend and his sister - the aunt has a daughter and we think the daughter aka cousin is a half sister rather than a cousin - my boyfriends dad and cousin are closer than usual uncle and niece pairing and the cousin is the spitting image of my boyfriends sister
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.
    o5jNANX.gif