Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's difference between these traits 'Hopeless Romantic' and 'Flirty' ?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hello, I'm playing 3 households now. My A female sim has hopeless romantic trait and she never refuse any flirty action from other sims even though she is in love with my B male sim and C Flirty male sim. These B and C male sims don't know each other.

C male sim discovers that A female sim being flirty with other male sims at party and C male sim gets upset. C male sim also is being flirty with other female sims but haven't been found by A. He is brainy.
B male sim discovers that A female sim is being flirty with Rich Striker at Bistro Restaurant and B male sim gets upset. B male sim doesn't have any flirty or hopeless Romantic traits.

So now it looks like A female hopeless romantic sim is being more flirty often with other male sims than C flirty male sim does. So is 'hopeless romantic' the same trait as 'flirty'? I really get confused with these 2 traits. Is there anyone can explain the different point of these 2 traits? Thank you. :) She gives flowers to every man, hugs every man amorously.

Comments

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Thank you but I feel they 're still the same traits. :D
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

To me hopeless romantic is a sim that wants a more steady relationship, they like romance and love.

Flirty seems to be more like does it with anyone, but yeah they are somewhat similar.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

To me hopeless romantic is a sim that wants a more steady relationship, they like romance and love.

Flirty seems to be more like does it with anyone, but yeah they are somewhat similar.

To me, they are almost same. :D

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hopeless romantic want to find a sole mate, they want to get married and be in a deep meaningful relationship.
    flirty sims are good at romantic interactions, but aren't necessarily looking for one person, so much as they like acting or just naturally act in a flirty manner.

They are similar, but I tend to notice the ai related to the traits are slightly different in regards to how they socialize.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member

To me, they are almost same. :D

They're very similar in most circumstances, although I think of flirts as more likely to initiate (and be received well by others) and to flirt just for the fun of it, and hopeless romantics as more likely to be receptive to romantic interactions and to be goal-oriented in their flirting—like others have posted, they're specifically trying to build a relationship with their advances.

But the biggest distinction is when you try to build a Heartbreaker sim, either with the LTW or just for your own storytelling purposes. A flirt will be disappointed that a relationship "didn't work out," even if you decided to unilaterally end it, and be ready to get back out there for more. A hopeless romantic, on the other hand, will be devastated after a breakup. They mope, roll sappy wishes, and pine for true love... basically everything but sitting on the couch watching rom-coms with a tub of Ben & Jerry's.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Funny, I'd say they are in fact quite converted. Where the flirt flirts with everyone everywhere, no matter if they're in a relationship or not, the hopeless romantic longs for The One and Only. When a sim breaks up with a hopeless romantic, they react davastated. The flirt will react like any sim: angry. (and the sim with commitment issues won't care and shrug it off)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I think the differences in attitude between Flirty sims and Hopeless Romantic sims is well reflected in their writing genre bonuses. Flirty sims get a bonus when writing Trashy novels. Hopeless Romantic sims get a bonus for writing Romance novels. Infer what you want from the difference between trashy and romance.
    edited January 2018
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Hopeless romantic want to find a sole mate, they want to get married and be in a deep meaningful relationship.
    flirty sims are good at romantic interactions, but aren't necessarily looking for one person, so much as they like acting or just naturally act in a flirty manner.

They are similar, but I tend to notice the ai related to the traits are slightly different in regards to how they socialize.

I really wish my female sim is like what you mentioned but unluckily, she made her 2 romantic interests got upset very often. Even she flirts to other married men in front of her romantic interests and he argued with her. If she really wish to get a beautiful romantic relationship, then why does she keep making her men upset? Also she made 2 hearts herself with hopeless romantic traits. Her traits are brave, clumsy, friendly, family oriented and hopeless romantic. Finally, I changed her hopeless romantic to other trait to stop flirting to other men but still going on. Ruben Littler from Bridgeport flirted her and she accepted it. Jeoffrey Landgraab from Sunset Valley flirted her and she accepted it. Rich Striker from Bridgeport flirted and she accepted it. Guillermo Ichtaca from Isla Paradiso flirted her and she accepted it as well. Also one of her romantic intersts is Rubisel Ichtaca, brother of Guilermo Ichtaca. All of this actions happened in a park. Her romantic interest was looking at this all and got really upset. Of course, I read everything about this hopelessly romantic trait on sims wiki but it's hard to believe when I see what my female sim is doing with men sims.

edited January 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Funny, I'd say they are in fact quite converted. Where the flirt flirts with everyone everywhere, no matter if they're in a relationship or not, the hopeless romantic longs for The One and Only. When a sim breaks up with a hopeless romantic, they react davastated. The flirt will react like any sim: angry. (and the sim with commitment issues won't care and shrug it off)

My hopeless romantic sim made 2 romantic interests with her free will. I really wish she wants for the one and only but she flirts to every men like a flirty sim. :( Her flirty romantic interest male sim got hurt from her misbehavior. :D It's unbelievable. My flirty man sim doesn't flirt to everyone. Looks like she is more flirty in my game.

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited January 2018

I really wish my female sim is like what you mentioned but unluckily, she made her 2 romantic interests got upset very often. Even she flirts to other married men in front of her romantic interests and he argued with her. If she really wish to get a beautiful romantic relationship, then why does she keep making her men upset? Also she made 2 hearts herself with hopeless romantic traits. Her traits are brave, clumsy, friendly, family oriented and hopeless romantic. Finally, I changed her hopeless romantic to other trait to stop flirting to other men but still going on. Ruben Littler from Bridgeport flirted her and she accepted it. Jeoffrey Landgraab from Sunset Valley flirted her and she accepted it. Rich Striker from Bridgeport flirted and she accepted it. Guillermo Ichtaca from Isla Paradiso flirted her and she accepted it as well. Also one of her romantic intersts is Rubisel Ichtaca, brother of Guilermo Ichtaca. All of this actions happened in a park. Her romantic interest was looking at this all and got really upset. Of course, I read everything about this hopelessly romantic trait on sims wiki but it's hard to believe when I see what my female sim is doing with men sims.

1. With Jeoffry Landgrab: His traits are largely compatible with your sims as he is also Family orientated and a hopeless romantic. As a bonus he is charismatic, so he might be flirting because of attraction and she is accepting because of charisma and compatibility.
    2. Ruben Littler is flirty which would be helping him flirt successfuly with your sim
    3. Rich striker is also family orientated and may be flirting due to trait compatability
    4. Guillermo Ichtaca is also family orientated, same as above
    5. Romantic interest isn't a committed level of relationship meaning that it will not stop your sim from looking for other relationships. You are going to want to be boy/girl friend or higher for your sim to register that flirting with other sims is cheating. If you do that she should stop accepting advances as often.

You are basically having issues because other sims are attracted to yours and she hasn't committed herself to anything yet making her open to advances. (Because she is still searching for "the one")

Hope this helps :)

1. With Jeoffry Landgrab: His traits are largely compatible with your sims as he is also Family orientated and a hopeless romantic. As a bonus he is charismatic, so he might be flirting because of attraction and she is accepting because of charisma and compatibility.
    2. Ruben Littler is flirty which would be helping him flirt successfuly with your sim
    3. Rich striker is also family orientated and may be flirting due to trait compatability
    4. Guillermo Ichtaca is also family orientated, same as above
    5. Romantic interest isn't a committed level of relationship meaning that it will not stop your sim from looking for other relationships. You are going to want to be boy/girl friend or higher for your sim to register that flirting with other sims is cheating. If you do that she should stop accepting advances as often.

You are basically having issues because other sims are attracted to yours and she hasn't committed herself to anything yet making her open to advances. (Because she is still searching for "the one")

Hope this helps :)

I'm just playing it now and my flirty male sim wants to move in with her. So ok I will see what will happen in the near future. But long time ago, I had other hopeless romantic woman sim and married with my other man sim. She also accepted all flowers and flirting from other men sims as well after marriage. Of course, the relationship bar was fully filled with her husband. I had to change her trait to others, then she stopped to flirt to everyone.

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2018
    Mentioned many times but I hate the flirty trait,in RL of course is harmless if you are secure.In sims 3 never name it flirty always!!! see it as the "Cheater trait" that is exactly what it is in sims 3.In RL flirty is glances,compliments and harmless petting etc,in sims 3 could be simple as giving flowers but can go to kissing and making out all right in front of you.

The trait is great to have on non played sims in town to add drama but if your sim wife has it you might as well prepare to constantly be at each others throats.Your sim will accuse of cheating lose relations hold a grudge and eventually kills your relationship.

I like unflirty trait and add it to created sims I may plan on pursuing.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    Mentioned many times but I hate the flirty trait,in RL of course is harmless if you are secure.In sims 3 never name it flirty always!!! see it as the "Cheater trait" that is exactly what it is in sims 3.In RL flirty is glances,compliments and harmless petting etc,in sims 3 could be simple as giving flowers but can go to kissing and making out all right in front of you.

The trait is great to have on non played sims in town to add drama but if your sim wife has it you might as well prepare to constantly be at each others throats.Your sim will accuse of cheating lose relations hold a grudge and eventually kills your relationship.

Totally agree with you.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2018
    @JoAnne65 That is another reason my favorite premade is Betty Simovitch,she has the unflirty trait unlike her mom.I feel bad for Vadim in games watching Fatima slobbing all over townies.Wish sims 3 would have put like a cap on the flirty trait interactions but it is programmed in like a strong drive similar to sims wanting to use computers etc.Should have maybe cut it off at flirt,complimenting personality/looks and at most the amorous hug interaction they have.Really should be called either unfaithful trait or cheater trait.

Am assuming you might be like me and enjoy working towards the faithful and eventually eternally faithful moodlet.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Pretty much every one of my me made males have both flirty and Hopeless Romantic but I never play with them long enough for them to do any major damage. I have a few long played couples that have both traits and both couples have eternally faithful, never put much stock in that though. My SS has it with Jared and she flirts with the whole flipping town, no idea how you can be eternally faithful with your husband when you’re liplocked with your brother in law! :o
    My SS has it with Jared and she flirts with the whole flipping town

oo1dH1e.gif

DfydFiZ.gif

Thank you so much for the explanation about that. As a non English simmer, I would learn the English term in the wrong way without your help. Yes I like unflirty trait too. :) I better change their traits to the better ones.
    Pretty much every one of my me made males have both flirty and Hopeless Romantic but I never play with them long enough for them to do any major damage. I have a few long played couples that have both traits and both couples have eternally faithful, never put much stock in that though. My SS has it with Jared and she flirts with the whole flipping town, no idea how you can be eternally faithful with your husband when you’re liplocked with your brother in law! :o

I love your Connor Frio. He looks like a real journalist. :D I think both of them love to cheat each other, so it would be no problem. :D
    @JoAnne65 That is another reason my favorite premade is Betty Simovitch,she has the unflirty trait unlike her mom.I feel bad for Vadim in games watching Fatima slobbing all over townies.Wish sims 3 would have put like a cap on the flirty trait interactions but it is programmed in like a strong drive similar to sims wanting to use computers etc.Should have maybe cut it off at flirt,complimenting personality/looks and at most the amorous hug interaction they have.Really should be called either unfaithful trait or cheater trait.

Am assuming you might be like me and enjoy working towards the faithful and eventually eternally faithful moodlet.
    I agree again but as for your last assumption........ o:)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    Reading this topic is just pure fun :lol:

I used to confuse these traits too. Now I can briefly say a flirty sim usually makes a seductive womanizer/femme fatale when a hopeless romantic will be a loving faithful spouse. :wink:
    understand the significance of the signatures
    edited January 2018
    I just quit my game now and got some screenshots about this topic. As I mentioned I'm managing 3 households. After posting my story here, I let C male flirty sim move in with A female hopeless romantic sim, so now she is living in C flirty man sim's house. C male sim asked for her to be his girlfriend and she accepted it. I changed active household to Miller family who is A female sim's sister lives with her man housemate. So A female hopeless romantic sim, B male sim, and C flirty male sim are out of control. My current family was invited at a party, Laney Miller found all A,B,C sims at the party and saw what happened there.

Untitled-50.png

B male sim in green jacket is flirting with A female sim in a black hat and she is still accepting B male sim's behavior although she is now a real girlfriend of C flirty male sim in public. Luckily, her boyfriend(C flirty male) was talking with my male sim(Laney's housemate) in other room. You will see a green plumbob over my sim's head.

A few minutes later, B male sim got a phone from someone. Her boyfriend(C male sim in medical uniform) came to her and started to be flirty with her.

Untitled-55.png

And B male sim discovered she is being flirty with another man. He got hurt.

Untitled-57.png

Untitled-61.png

C male sim showed up he is her boyfriend on his bubble. And B male sim got hurt again. I really worried about B male sim's status. So I changed the active household to B male sim.

Untitled-70.png
    The relationship bar was fully filled with her but it's half way down from seeing at the party, and..

Untitled-71.png

It's like a breakup. C male sim was just acquaintance to him in usual but now disliked. Because he woohooed with A female sim many times like a serious relationship. He just hasn't asked her to be his girlfriend. So she was his actual girlfriend in his mind.
    I wonder why she accepts B male sim's flirty actions after being a real girlfriend of C male sim. It confuses me her hopeless romantic trait. She actually, popped up her wishes like she wants to woohoo with him when she stays with B male sim, and she wants to woohoo with him when she stays with C male sim. Is that hopeless romantic doing or my A female sim is not normal? :(
    edited February 2018
    Finally, my A hopeless romantic sim got hurt with her flirty boyfriend C. I had moved her into C's house, then I've been playing with her sister, Laney's household. So C male sim and A female sim have been living together over a month in sim time. Laney sim got an opportunity to hold a party from her career. So she invited her young sister, Adeline which is hopeless Romantic and her boyfriend C male sim.

At the party, Adeline flirted with other guest male sim again in front of her boyfriend. A few mins later, I heard, C male sim's shouting at the front door.

Untitled-90.png

Untitled-91.png

Oh my....I couldn't believe it's possible to announce 'breakup' with his free will... with EA story progression.

After party, I activated her.

Untitled-100.png

Broken heart shows it will stay for 2 days. It proves he declared to breakup with her at my party.

Untitled-102.png

This is flirty male sim's relationship panel. He has never made any other heart with other sims in inactive status over a month in sim time.

Untitled-103.png

Their relationship was fully filled when I moved Adeline into her boyfriend's house. Now the relationship bar is like a stranger.
    Finally, I changed Adeline's trait, hopeless romantic to easily impressed. I want her to go back to her boyfriend. He is a nice guy.
    The C male sim is Matthew Hamming from Bridgeport. I edited his face in CAS long time ago.

Now I'm playing with her sister, Laney sim and this girl is worse than Adeline. haha... because she made 5 hearts with free will so far from inappropriate trait. She doesn't have flirty or hopeless romantic traits.

Untitled-38.png

Untitled-39.png

Her story is finished now. :smile:
  • booknovicebooknovice Posts: 410 Member
    edited February 2018
    I think hopeless romantics are more prone to getting "family" wishes, like "have a child" or "get married", but otherwise they do tend to flirt about as much as flirty's do. At least that's what it's seemed like with mine.
  • ElanoreAlexandriaElanoreAlexandria Posts: 66 Member
    My female sim from the couple I'm currently playing has the hopeless romantic trait and the shy trait. I thought it would be so cute for her to dream of a miracle romance of her own, but struggle to make it happen due to her shyness. She is super compatible with her boyfriend. She is always rolling wishes to do romantic things with him, but won't accept flirts from him in public unless she initiates them. She does occasionally wish to find out the zodiac sign of others, or some other rather harmless romantic interaction like that, but she has never pursued them. She appears to be solely focused on her boyfriend. Maybe her shyness is playing a bigger role than I thought? She's only got high relationships with her boyfriend, her best friend and her cat and dog.