Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Mixed Bag" Competition

Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
gM4v5a1.png

It is called “Mixed Bag” because that is exactly what it is. You will be asked to do assignments with all different age groups and genders from toddlers – elders. During this competition you will be asked to either make different Sims or use existing Sims you have previously created for the different age groups.
Sims 3 and 4 welcome, as is males and/or females. This competition will suit non-CC, Maxis Match and CC Sims.
This will go for a total of 6 weeks, including a “lucky dip” round half-way through. Then an additional two being:
1. Semi-finals where you all have a chance to compete for the final 3.
2. The grand final with the top three for the entire 6 rounds plus the semi-final.

General Rules:
*Please support each other and enjoy the competition
*No photo-skinning or face plastering
*Drawn hair, built backgrounds, google, in-game, maxis match are all acceptable
* CC clothing, original maxis or maxis-made, and the occasional google outfit can be used when specified.
*If specific accessories can't be found in-game or with CC then google accessories can be added or used.
*In-game, drawn or google backgrounds are allowed
*Each Round will last 5-7 days or even earlier, depending on how quick the round entries are submitted and whether extensions are asked for. (up to 48 hours at most).
*Please check in after judging.

My competition Guidelines:
  • You may adjust your edit once at each round. This means you can fine-tune colour, lighting, brightness, contrast and shadow, etc., to compensate for the effect that your image viewer may have on your shots, but not change your complete shot, your Sims or your background as long as you let me or another judge know if you do so I can update your shot.
  • You may ask for help with backgrounds and things, but we cannot get them for you, but we can link you so you can access and choose some.
  • Comments from judges will be optional.
  • No eliminations. *this is dependent on how many apply*
  • Final 3 will be determined through semi-finals.
  • Different views of your Sims will be included. (Full body, ¾ body, shoulder up, face etc.).
  • Different scenarios and themes will come into play.
  • Different locations relevant to a specific task will be specified when necessary.
  • Different ages, gender and later, groups of Sims (pre-made or newly created Sims).
  • Different angles and dynamic poses will be awarded bonus points in this competition as will early submissions, which may be the difference between a placement or not.
  • There will be no examples given unless asked for as I'd like to free you up for your own creativity.

NB: If at any time you need the rounds earlier for one reason or another please let me know and I'll PM them to you so you can get your entry in. Just send it to me via PM and I will put it up for you around the same time as the other contestants

Judges – a head shot on transparent please.
I would like 2 or 3 other judges including myself. But if you choose to be a judge, my expectation as host and no less for myself, is to get scores and/or comments in within 2-3 days after the due date of any assignment (unless something unforeseen pops up). If you can’t make that commitment please don’t volunteer. I understand things may come up, leading to delays, but to be fair to the contestants I like to try and get them up within 2-3 days after all submissions are entered, especially if comments are optional. Thanks.

Judging
The judging for this competition will be broken down as follows. If people use in-game backgrounds, creativity will be more important as editing will be minimal in-game.
1. Accuracy from reading the brief and requirements /10
2. Creativity with cc or non-cc /10
3. Light and shadow enhancement of your shot /10
4. Proportion and editing /10
5. Use of others in your shot /5

Explanation of these are below:
Accuracy – This means how much you took note from the brief and requirements and fulfilled it in your overall shot.
Creativity – This entails seeing how creative you are with your placement and outfits, makeup, hair styles, accessories, particularly if you choose to use in-game backgrounds, or you can use google.
Light and Shadow – How well you incorporate shadows so they embed your model into the background and the relevancy of highlights, filters and shadows you add to your shot in-game or not.
Proportion and editing – This is important when perusing your overall shot. Proportions need to be accurate. As far as editing goes, that is less focussed on in this competition, since some of you will be using in-game backgrounds, but if you do cut out your model, how well that is accomplished will be included in the judging.
Use of others – there are a quite a few entries, which have other Sims with your model. How well these others are incorporated, posed etc., will be acknowledged for those that put in that extra effort.

Bonus Points
Early Submissions and effective poses – 3 extra points
Extra effort in the use of props and accessories – 2 extra points

A total of points out of 50

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Comments