Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's a world "type" we don't have yet?

Comments

• SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Those would be awesome worlds!
  • inochikageinochikage Posts: 19 Member
    I'd love a neighborhood that only has a few lots with some barebones houses on big lots and a lot of stuff you can forage around the town. There'd only be like two other households there, and they're both friendly but anti-social. There'd be a very small town plaza with the world's tiniest library, a small cemetery, and maybe a museum specific to that town's complete lack of interesting history. You know, just a small farming town basically
  • inochikageinochikage Posts: 19 Member
    > @ChocolatSanta said:
    > > @cosmiccc said:
    > > I don't think we've had a post apocalyptic setting, but maybe that wouldn't really fit into the sims?
    >
    > That would be very interesting. Something with poverty and struggling sims that have to be creative to survive. Together with alien sims with a futuristic touch.

I feel like this wouldn't be complete without a section of the town with just one gigantic house that has a big garden in it but is always locked. It would create contrast, make it feel a lot more imbalanced
  • isthisdavidisthisdavid Posts: 22 Member
    I'd love a tropical/beach world like in TS3 Island Paradise.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    A rain forresty sort of place?
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    A crime haven town that is basically all urban (no way to even tell which climate zone it originally used to be) with neighborhoods including slums, trailer parks and gambling holes. Probably also one better developed quarter with a futuristic touch.

An arab or mongolian inspired tent town inhabited by mordern herders. One neighborhood could represent a small town (for where you live in winter), the others the countryside where the herders live year 'round. This of course would work best for a farming or off the grid GP.

A Venice-inspired town built on the waters, either the open sea or a uge lake.

A second desert town to compliment Oasis Springs.

I love this idea!

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A rain forresty sort of place?

When we get the jungle adventure GP and Seasons EP, we can have a rain forest.
  • pppiano99pppiano99 Posts: 3 New Member
    Farming would be awesome. Have an area for farms and you can plant crops, have chickens and stuff, and have and take care of and ride horses. With barns and the whole nine
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    MrJessXD wrote: »
    A sort of mystical looking town. Like fairy tree house style, something completely different to what we usually get. I'm imagining huge trees with paths being large branches something like out of avatar and tinkerbell lol

I want this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I can't wait for any of these!!!!!
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I don't really see the newest world as a farm or rural world, it's more of a quaint New England town. I'd like to see a real rural world that mostly has large lots for farming and more of a midwestern vibe. Other than that, I'd like to see a tropical world, like we've had in the past, and maybe a world like Aurora Skies. Another urban area would be nice, but I don't think we'll get one, partially because they wouldn't give us more apartments in another pack and that's more or less required for an urban world (in my mind anyway).
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i like to see a tropical/beach area and a college campus for higher learning.
  • hannahdesney_hannahdesney_ Posts: 21 Member
    I would like snowy, cottage mountain homes. But I would also love to see medieval homes.
  • hannahdesney_hannahdesney_ Posts: 21 Member
    > @MrJessXD said:
    > A sort of mystical looking town. Like fairy tree house style, something completely different to what we usually get. I'm imagining huge trees with paths being large branches something like out of avatar and tinkerbell lol

I agree. I'm a huge fan of faeries. I would definitely buy.
  • simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    I would like some slum environment too. Sloppy grungy looking clothing for my lazy, downtrodden sims. I have sort of managed to create a sloppy environment with a little bit of ingenuity, but the clothing is all too nice and the furnishings are mostly all too nice for this guy. He needs some rickety furniture that looks like he picked it up from the dump pile. Sofas with bad springs and scratched up coffee tables. I also wish the dishes would just pile up around him, maybe a stack of cans to pile against his wall, or wouldn't it be fun to just let him grab a can from the fridge and stack it there himself, as he doesn't mind the slop around him. Bottle cap collections, or maybe he just pounds them into the wall when he's finished with his Barley Ale. Pizza boxes and take out containers to fill his slovenly home. He's the type of guy that would spill something and just throw a towel on top of it rather than clean it up. Rusty plumbing fixtures, piles of clothes that he can change from and skip the washing. Tattered and torn, cut-offs and sloppy food stained shirts with stains under the armpits, worn out shoes with holes. This guy needs a bad mullet and probably should look as though he shaved with an old razor five days ago. His furniture doesn't match, there are stains on the walls and carpet and he's just a complete mess. You get the idea...
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    MrJessXD wrote: »
    A sort of mystical looking town. Like fairy tree house style, something completely different to what we usually get. I'm imagining huge trees with paths being large branches something like out of avatar and tinkerbell lol

I would LOVE for this to come along in a Faerie game pack! :D
  • MidnaMoonyMidnaMoony Posts: 5 New Member
    What about Japanese style town? Sorry I'm obsessed with anime.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    When I look at the worlds...each one has buildings and homes that are a "type".

Willow Creek - Suburban family homes
    Oasis Springs - Mediterranean/Spanish homes
    Newcrest - Modern homes (at least for me since this world comes empty...I have all sleek and modern rich homes here)
    Brindleton Bay - Farm/rustic homes
    Windenberg - German inspired homes
    Forgotten Hollow - Dark/Goth homes

What other "types" are out there that you would hope to see a world inspired by that type?

p.s. I didn't forget San Myshuno...but it's just mostly apartments and doesn't really fit into my post. :)

A Tropical World like Isla Paradiso or Sunlit Tides.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    simfreaks wrote: »
    I would like some slum environment too. Sloppy grungy looking clothing for my lazy, downtrodden sims. I have sort of managed to create a sloppy environment with a little bit of ingenuity, but the clothing is all too nice and the furnishings are mostly all too nice for this guy. He needs some rickety furniture that looks like he picked it up from the dump pile. Sofas with bad springs and scratched up coffee tables. I also wish the dishes would just pile up around him, maybe a stack of cans to pile against his wall, or wouldn't it be fun to just let him grab a can from the fridge and stack it there himself, as he doesn't mind the slop around him. Bottle cap collections, or maybe he just pounds them into the wall when he's finished with his Barley Ale. Pizza boxes and take out containers to fill his slovenly home. He's the type of guy that would spill something and just throw a towel on top of it rather than clean it up. Rusty plumbing fixtures, piles of clothes that he can change from and skip the washing. Tattered and torn, cut-offs and sloppy food stained shirts with stains under the armpits, worn out shoes with holes. This guy needs a bad mullet and probably should look as though he shaved with an old razor five days ago. His furniture doesn't match, there are stains on the walls and carpet and he's just a complete mess. You get the idea...

This^^ I would like a more run down city or even run down rural area. I am trying to turn San Myshuno into a slum city but the surroundings are a little too nice even if you make the apartments look really bad.
  • simfreakssimfreaks Posts: 38 Member
    Maybe even add some homeless option, that way I can make my sims beg, sleep under newspaper and in cardboard boxes, collect cans and pan handle. For sims 1, I made a park bench for Downtown that the tragic clown would cover himself with newspapers and sleep on. There is soo much you can do with this idea.
  • Mels123Mels123 Posts: 8 New Member
    1. A mountainous, forest-y town with water views and transitional or modern homes. Similar to the west coast of the US/Seattle. This would give us the perfect environment to build modern homes while also incorporating the outdoorsy and fitness objects included in stuff packs. Hiking trails, etc. but also the beautiful mountain and water views we’ve seen in other worlds that are so beautiful.
    2. A Paris or Venice-inspired town. Windenberg is German-inspired, but other places in Europe are so different and amazing!
    3. Australian-inspired/tropical. We’ve seen this before in all the other games, so it’s not as exciting to me as the other options. I threw it in because I’ve seen it other places, but a city like Venice would be a thousand times cooler and would still have water and other tropical aspects.

I hate that we have several New Orleans like towns but not one of the above. I strongly dislike that architecture style so it’s a bit annoying to see it everywhere.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Could we finally get something gritty and lived-in? That would be my preferred type of world. TS4 could do with a complement to San Myshuno that's had the incessant shine taken off of it. For example, what's going on down at street level in the Fashion District and Uptown?

Not everyone is about suburban or high rise life. Show us where the Everyman-type folks would live.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited February 2018
    Because the new GP is somewhat similar to WA from S3, I would like new, livable worlds based on each of the three vacation worlds from WA. The French world could add the nectar making skill, the Asian world could add the martial arts skill and the Egyptian world would expand the photography skill, just like the original three. Plus, we would be able to live in these worlds that would be like living on vacation. Plus the "look" of those worlds was beautiful in S3 so I can only imagine how they would look in S4.

And it goes without saying that it wouldn't be another "American" world, but adding in more variety and cultures.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but I would love to see another city world, but this time with a more "tropical" feel to it. I'm tired of these "dark and gloomy" cities. Maybe something like Roaring Heights from TS3 with a more modern theme?
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I want a town that looks like something out of a fairytale, with a castle in the background or a castle lot. However, eveything is still modern. Just very fantasy-esque. Supernaturals like fairies or witches could reside there.