Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is a religion stuff pack far-fetched?

Sims Medieval had the Jacoban and Peteran religions based on the Watcher. Since we had a stuff pack that revolved around a very specific place--the bowling alley--I don't think it's far fetched to think a stuff pack could revolve around the Peteran and Jacoban churches. The interactive object could be the altar, where weddings could take place. A new "party" type could be the funeral. What do you guys think? Too big for a stuff pack?
nZLbne1.jpg

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Jacoban and Peteran religions are okay. I just don't want to see any real life religions and religious figures in The Sims.
    a256aFi.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I have 3 Churches, in my game.

I've built a few, well I built the St. Louis Cathedral, of New Orleans.
    I built an Abbey in the likeness of Westminster Abbey, but run down, corrupted... I have a Daemon {Vampire} I call it the "Abbey of the Fallen"
    Then in Windenburg I'm working on a Mix of Kölner Dom and Notre Dame.

But It's more of a Museum, Places to Marry, bury Sims.

But if they wanted to do a Stuff Pack, I feel like if it's made up, that's okay with room for players to design their place of worship.
    I recall them wanted to do a Wedding Pack. The problem with a Wedding Pack:
    I can only visualize pack's contents, variations of white Wedding Dresses, Suits, Rings
    I'm sick of outdoor, garden weddings, I think they're overrated.
    Maybe your can use Groups/Clubs to assemble Bridesmaids and Groomsmen

It could work, as a GP... Funeral + Weddings = The Covenant Game Pack
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    Jacoban and Peteran religions are okay. I just don't want to see any real life religions and religious figures in The Sims.

I don't think they would ever put real life religion in the sims, honestly, and that's for the good. But it does open it up to people who like to play that way. Personally, I want a Church of the Grilled Cheese. ;)
    nZLbne1.jpg

• everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    Not everyone who plays Sims is Christian. Personally, if we got a religious stuff pack I'd want it to deal with something a bit more nature based such as Druidism or Wicca. Or at least something with magick involved.
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Me, I prefer Pastafarianism. :D Who's up for a plate of meatballs and pasta. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't think so either. There are too many religions to mimic weddings ect for. I think as long as we get the building blocks, we should be the ones building the places of worship. I would like to them to give us more open to interpretation ceremonial processes and scripted events or animated objects ... like for a funeral. We build where it happens and put in the cultural theme or idolatry if you will. I'm sure modders can take it from there also for those that just want a certain religion or religions to be simulated.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Why would it hurt to have holy land places, people and things? That would be awesome!!!!!
  • TSandersTSanders Posts: 89 Member
    I think it would be cool to be able to build a church but it would also need more than just Christian themed items if they did.
    BabyBunBunOfDoom on Origin
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi folks, I'm closing this thread. The reason for this is that religion is a very sensitive topic and because it generates strong opinions, this conversation is at great risk of derailment. Thanks for your understanding!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top