Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you age up your babies or let them age naturally?

Comments

• Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    Age them up
    I usually age them up. I keep them babies just long enough to maybe get some pictures or things like that, but since the infant stage really doesn't do anything for a sims development, I just age them up pretty quickly.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    xXLaneTHD1234XxxXLaneTHD1234Xx Posts: 12 New Member
    I really hate the babies in The Sims 4. In addition to their crying (which does not even sound like a cry from a newborn baby) is very annoying, every 45 minutes in the game they cry, either to feed, or to to change their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dirty diapers. Frankly, I expected more from the babies of The Sims 4, the fact that they were "stuck" to an object equal to the first The Sims (which in this case is a crib) disappoints me a lot. In my opinion, the same good babies are from The Sims 2 and 3 because they are so much more realistic. Not to mention that they are totally free (can put in any corner of the lot) and at least they are quieter. You can see that EA and Maxis have kind of been "lazy" to make The Sims 4 babies. Seriously, even The Sims FreePlay babies are a lot better off than The Sims 4. They thought they were putting a stuck baby inside a crib would be faster and more efficient but of course this was not a good choice. I very much doubt that Maxis will fix these babies, because I think it would take a lot of time to redo, create new animations and get them off the cradle, not to mention that The Sims 4 is very close to being shut down, prompting developers to focus on the next The Sims, who will be 5.
  • Options
    simsunwrittensimsunwritten Posts: 9 New Member
    Age them up
    If it's the first baby in the family, I usually let them age naturally. If it's a second or third, I age them up because I'm anxious for their siblings to have someone to play with. :)
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Age them up
    Babies are such a bore I wish they just came out as toddlers.
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Age them up
    I don't think I've ever gotten past a few IRL hours of having babies, especially twins. O_o I age them into toddlers almost instantly, and put all of my focus into their toddler skills so it takes a bit longer. If there's older siblings, I also take that into consideration for aging them up myself.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    thedoctor5026thedoctor5026 Posts: 21 Member
    Age them up
    Depends on how I'm feeling. I agree TS4 babies are a bit boring! But if there is a lot going on in the house, I tend to just leave them to age up naturally. If its just them I age them up :)
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Let them age naturally
    Naturally, unless they really appear to be "stuck." That's just how I role, lol. I don't find the baby stage that annoying, gives parents a chance to up their parenting skill before toddlerhood. Plus, I can always just hire a nanny or leave the house to get other stuff done.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Age them up
    Don't like babies in TS4 so I'll age them up.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Classy2018Classy2018 Posts: 10 New Member
    Well it depends... If they are crying too much, i age them up manually if not I let them naturally
  • Options
    MollyneonfoxMollyneonfox Posts: 11 New Member
    Age them up
    Out of around 17 sims, Ive only let 3 or 4 go through their full baby stage. I usually get too excited and want to know what they look like asap! Im trying to resist the urge now though since theyre easy enough to deal with as babies.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Let them age naturally
    Most of the time I let them age naturally. There is one save file where I play with the lifespan on the "long" setting and I usually age the kids up whenever I think they are ready. But on all my other save files I let them progress as naturally as possible.
  • Options
    HazelTeeHazelTee Posts: 15 Member
    Let them age naturally
    I usually let them age up on their own because my households tend to get a bit busy with other kids.
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Let them age naturally
    I've never aged a baby Sim up. u wu I guess I like my game to play out naturally when it comes to aging (and other things too such as when accidental deaths happen)
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Age them up
    It depends, I never let them stay a baby very long. Half a sim-day, max. Usually within the first 5 minutes of returning from the hospital.
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Age them up
    I age them up immediately, toddlers become children when they got all their skills and children become teens when they completed all their aspirations.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    Let them age naturally
    "Naturally" but I have MCCC set to 1 day in baby life stage so there's that :tongue:
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Let them age naturally
    I know I'm in the minority, but I love the babies. I do wish we had a proper changing table and the option to bathe (along with diapers that don't disappear), but I enjoy the baby phase. They make such cute sounds (especially when cuddled), they build a relationship with the parents, and the parents gain parenting skill when they care for the baby. Also, the age doesn't last very long, so about the time I've had enough cuddling and bouncing, they age up.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Let them age naturally
    Since I actually want to play with my families, I usually prefer to experience all life stages without cheating but I'm glad this is an option for others who are not so fond of some of them. I used this option once on a baby to see it by myself though.
  • Options
    morganlydiamorganlydia Posts: 57 Member
    Let them age naturally
    I always let them age up naturally! I usually play on the "short" lifespan so they're only a baby for 2-3 days in game.
  • Options
    KelzKelz Posts: 53 Member
    Let them age naturally
    I've always let them age up naturally. I hadn't really thought much about manually aging them. Given how boring baby sims are I think that I might move to aging them up myself.
    My Sims Youtube

Find me on the gallery: kelzmckean
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    Let them age naturally
    I let them age naturally because it's really a good easy way to gain parenting skill while they're babies.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Let them age naturally
    I let the age on their own because as mentioned the parenting skill is an easy-peasy and the relationship boost is great.
    Also I use MCCC and I like the story progression that comes with it, so I let my sims age with their age groups~
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Age them up
    I play with aging off, so I generally age them after the “new baby!” moodlet goes away for the parents. If not then, I age them whenever I feel like it...which sometimes takes several sim weeks. :grimace: Oops.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Age them up
    I age them up after the 'hooray baby' moodlet wears off for the parents, because that stage is boring as heck. Otherwise I let them age naturally.
  • Options
    StormIVXStormIVX Posts: 12 New Member
    I play with aging off.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top