Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection NOT Launching

2...Next

Comments

• tmcox1242tmcox1242 Posts: 32 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    tmcox1242 wrote: »
    CatOfEA wrote: »
    TeoDoesSims - If you updated your OS to Windows 10 recently, you might maybe have an issue similar to several other folks on the MTS and leefish sims forums. We have notices that folks with Windows 10 update 1709 and Origin Ultimate Collection (updated version) and nvidia cards, some combination of that, seem to be having issues with crashing, pink flashes, game not starting, etc. It's looking like mostly folks with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit update version 1709. If you updated to 10 in mid January or so, you probably have 1709. We have verified that rolling the OS back to 1703 does fix the problem but that's not really a fix. It will remove your apps and data, you'll have to reinstall, and then Windows will eventually update itself back to 1709 anyway unless you permanently disconnect it from the internet. We're hoping Microsoft/Origin/NVidia fix whatever they broke. Haven't come up with a community fix so far. Do any EA mods read these threads? I'm hoping they'll get Origin to update Ultimate Collection again so it works with 1709. Sorry that wasn't more help.

@EA_Mage Could this be looked into? There are people who play on Windows 10 pro-edition that are having issues being able to play there game since the game was updated. Windows 10 home edition works fine, and anyone not updated to the latest one is playing fine also. It seems to only be a issue with Windows 10 pro, and a updated Sims 2 uc game.

Dang, I have an Intel graphics card,but running on Windows 10 pro 64 bit and updated...I just got the game 2 days ago, so it's for sure updated. No solutions for that set up? Looks like I'll have to use my old laptop :(

It turns out since that was written, that it is pretty random who is effected. At that time it seemed only people on pro were. Turns out some people are effected, and some are not. That goes for Pro, home, updated game, not updated game, even some people still using disks. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason whos game starts to act bad and who's doesn't. So the only thing you can do is test it yourself. Some people have had luck uninstalling their graphic drivers and re-installing them, some haven't. So no there is no solution, it is far to random and nobody can figure out why, other then Windows 10 updated to 1709. Don't know why it effects some and not others though.

Apparently I was being cocky and thought I modified the graphics rules and video card files correctly myself, but no. Downloaded the Graphics Rule Maker and now the game runs perfectly!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    CatOfEA wrote: »
    TeoDoesSims - If you updated your OS to Windows 10 recently, you might maybe have an issue similar to several other folks on the MTS and leefish sims forums. We have notices that folks with Windows 10 update 1709 and Origin Ultimate Collection (updated version) and nvidia cards, some combination of that, seem to be having issues with crashing, pink flashes, game not starting, etc. It's looking like mostly folks with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit update version 1709. If you updated to 10 in mid January or so, you probably have 1709. We have verified that rolling the OS back to 1703 does fix the problem but that's not really a fix. It will remove your apps and data, you'll have to reinstall, and then Windows will eventually update itself back to 1709 anyway unless you permanently disconnect it from the internet. We're hoping Microsoft/Origin/NVidia fix whatever they broke. Haven't come up with a community fix so far. Do any EA mods read these threads? I'm hoping they'll get Origin to update Ultimate Collection again so it works with 1709. Sorry that wasn't more help.

@EA_Mage Could this be looked into? There are people who play on Windows 10 pro-edition that are having issues being able to play there game since the game was updated. Windows 10 home edition works fine, and anyone not updated to the latest one is playing fine also. It seems to only be a issue with Windows 10 pro, and a updated Sims 2 uc game.

Dang, I have an Intel graphics card,but running on Windows 10 pro 64 bit and updated...I just got the game 2 days ago, so it's for sure updated. No solutions for that set up? Looks like I'll have to use my old laptop :(

It turns out since that was written, that it is pretty random who is effected. At that time it seemed only people on pro were. Turns out some people are effected, and some are not. That goes for Pro, home, updated game, not updated game, even some people still using disks. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason whos game starts to act bad and who's doesn't. So the only thing you can do is test it yourself. Some people have had luck uninstalling their graphic drivers and re-installing them, some haven't. So no there is no solution, it is far to random and nobody can figure out why, other then Windows 10 updated to 1709. Don't know why it effects some and not others though.

Apparently I was being plum and thought I modified the graphics rules and video card files correctly myself, but no. Downloaded the Graphics Rule Maker and now the game runs perfectly!

Cool! Glad to hear it! Lol I think everyone has messed that up at some point. I know I did!
  • spoopyspoopy Posts: 21 New Member
    hello friends

i can't post a new topic, so i'm posting here

my computer runs sims 4 with all dlc + mods without any lag, but somehow the sims 2 ultimate edition / origin edition i got yesterday is too much for it lmao

idk why it gets choppy, especially when i scroll or speed it up

here are some specs or w/e, i'd appreciate any tips

win 10
    core i3 3110m
    geforce 820m
    8 gb ram
    512 gb ssd

tysm for reading, hope you are having a great day
    also, i do have a default replacement for every single ea item + all recommended mods, but it's laggy without cc too ):

+ i already tried running it in win xp compatibility mode (won't start lmao), downloaded the graphics rules + the ram fix + triple-quadruple checked my nvidia settings that it's using the dedicated gpu but nothing seems to work idek

++ i can't remove securom bc there is no working download for a mansion & garden stuff no cd thingy anywhere anymore lmao
    i mean the game runs and everything, but it's kind of unreal how choppy it gets compared to ts4 which gets zero lag
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Hmm, have you tried the Graphic Rules Card already?
    Banner.png
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @spoopy What do you mean by choppy? Is it only when you move the camera around, or is it choppy animations? Are you able to turn smooth edges all the way to high, or is it grayed out? You just downloaded the game correct? If you downloaded it within the last month or so the game no longer contains Securom, so you don't have to worry about that.