Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Seasons Prediction 2018

Comments

• ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    Do you mean those are your predictions of what's not going to happen in the sims 4. Unfortunatetly majority of that list will not happen. Not a prediction, just a fact that the game can't handle much else. It would be more likely for EA to not release a seasons expansion pack at all, because they realise they can't, than even half of your 'predictions' coming true on that list. This could be a prediction list for Sims 5, if that even ever happens.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I have to agree, a lot of this sounds extremely unlikely, although the ideas are good.
    My ideas are:

- Ability to play in leaves, snow, and rain. (I personally liked making different kinds of snowmen.)
    - More outdoor activities, such as sandboxes, sidewalk chalk, swings, sprinklers, ice/roller skating.
    - Umbrellas that function the same (or similarly) to TS3 ones.
    - Traits like "Loves Rain/Snow/Heat/etc."
    - Positive moodlets for said traits during certain weather. (Example: "Petrichor" Moodlet for rain lovers.)
    - Sims automatically put on appropriate outwerwear depending on the weather.
    - New section for outerwear in CAS, along with 5 slots like the other clothing types.
    - Change in lighting when weather changes. (Example: Softer lighting for cloudy days, slightly darker during thunderstorms)
    - Shiny rain coats with really cute designs in the outerwear section.
    - More swimsuits, for goodness sake.
    - Lawnmower.
    - Seasonal dishes and beverages. (Example: Snowcone machines, slushies, hot cocoa, etc.
    - A "Holiday Lights" option that can be applied to either one, several, or all houses in the selected world(s).
    - New town.
    - Choose how long seasons last.

I agree with most of this with the exception of:

Lawnmowers. Grass does't grow and mowing your lawn could take all day if not several, or are you wanting a LAWNBA?

New Town. Not happening. Seasons is too big to add a new town. And seasons covers every world, so, in a way, you get several new worlds, but no new lots. S3 didn't have one so, I don't expect to see one in S4.

I assumed that if they added lawnmowers, they would add the function of the grass growing. But, it's just an idea. Who knows what will be added?

Seasons using a great game engine, is huge and difficult at best, so, on this system, it will be interesting to see what happens. However, I don't expect anything more or less than we've had in past versions. Things may be a little different than we are used to, but still mostly the same as before. I don't think it will disappoint.
  • MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    As brilliant as your predictions are, I think we can only expect a small portion of your ideas, sadly.
    I'm scared to get excited about seasons. It has been one of my favourite EP's in all the other iterations. I just think historically, with regards to Sims4, it's best to expect the bare minimum. I don't mind being proved wrong though on this occasion.
  • YudethYudeth Posts: 1 New Member
    Alot of people are saying these things wont happen but i believe it will but not in one ep it think they would release it in game packs over time so they dont over do it but i do see these things happening OVER time. Probably wont be as detailed but i can see the aging and memory as well as the hoildays and the breaks for the teens and kids.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I like these prediction hopefully for me festivals make it in because for one I'm straight up bored of the festivals in game two Sims 3 festivals were fun. I would love it if gift giving came back into the game and hot chocolate.
  • somnasimssomnasims Posts: 64 Member
    I just hope we get seasons, weather and lots of seasonal activities! All the Sims 4 EP:s have been stripped down quite a lot from ts3, so I just want them to pick the things that matter for the pack. Festivals would be nice but I can live without them. I just want my sims to have more to do, like building snowmen, ice-skating etc.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited February 2018
    What are your thoughts if seasons isn't this year's EP?

I'd actually be pretty sad.

0DmrW.gif

I've waited so long for it, that no matter how amazing the EP was itself, if it isn't seasons, I'm disappointed.

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

0DmrW.gif

I've waited so long for it, that no matter how amazing the EP was itself, if it isn't seasons, I'm disappointed.

You should fully expect this year’s EP to not be Seasons. TS4 isn’t ending anytime soon and they are not in a hurry to bring out the most requested EPs. This year’s EP could easily be another Get Together that nobody saw coming.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

0DmrW.gif

You should fully expect this year’s EP to not be Seasons. TS4 isn’t ending anytime soon and they are not in a hurry to bring out the most requested EPs. This year’s EP could easily be another Get Together that nobody saw coming.

Or maybe be Seasons & the next year a Farm EP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    ari100 wrote: »
    Do you mean those are your predictions of what's not going to happen in the sims 4. Unfortunatetly majority of that list will not happen. Not a prediction, just a fact that the game can't handle much else. It would be more likely for EA to not release a seasons expansion pack at all, because they realise they can't, than even half of your 'predictions' coming true on that list. This could be a prediction list for Sims 5, if that even ever happens.

Aside from the first Sims, no Sims game run has gone without a Seasons expansion.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

0DmrW.gif

I guess if my expectations are that it won't be.. then I won't be let down. But I know that I can't change what my heart wants lol. It wants seasons! It's literally the only thing left that I feel I need to complete my game.
  • savkethekingsavketheking Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2018
    I think this year we will get more EP's than one, I predict TS5 to come out on the 20th anniversary of TS1 release in 2020, so like TS3 released a lot EPs in the short amount of time during 2012-13 we will definetely get more of them in 18-20. Cats and Dogs EP became the best selling TS4 EP in the shortest amount of time and I'm sure that because of this we will get more packs than usual and Seasons will definetely come before the Q4.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I'd expect a new world, maybe a small one, with a central area where seasonal festivals take place / a central square with seasonal activities that last all season, for example there would be an ice skating ring in the winter, ice cream trucks in the summer, and other better things I can't think of right now.
    I'd like for there to be a way to select/tag (outdoor) outfits for each season.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Seasons is coming this year
    a256aFi.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think all of those things will come - but we'll never get all of them in a single pack. That's partly why I think Weather will come seperately.

We desperately need new empty neighbourhoods.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think all of those things will come - but we'll never get all of them in a single pack. That's partly why I think Weather will come seperately.

We desperately need new empty neighbourhoods.

Idk about empty ones as hm I don't use Newcrest all that much (tho I like the style I guess) I'm always a fan of seeing more worlds but preferably ones with a bit more work put into them style wise.

If seasons isnt gonna be this years ep idk what will.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    the only thing we know for sure is seasons is coming out this year and the summer stuff pack my money is on pool party stuff but this is just a total shot in the dark so do not quote me on that one. also sims 4 wont be at e3 it will be playable at ea play though :) doubtful they will announce anything other then maybe show of the the june patch and maybe anncounce the summer stuff pack.
  • KHarpoolKHarpool Posts: 56 Member
    Unfortunately for us, the way the game was designed from the start, was very very basic. I highly doubt it could handle much weather functions. It’s a very barebones game designed for performance rather than content and function. That’s why all the packs we are getting are whittled down to basics. I think what happened with the creation of Sims 4 was that the devs were fearful of what happened in the Sims 3. While that was a great game, it had bad lag issues and many bugs. So, they overly trimmed down Sims 4 rather than finding a good balance. They need a new game engin. They are out there and would be capable of making fantastic Sims games! A big part of me wishes they’d just shelf Sims 4 and start a new Sims with a better game engine, because Sims 4 has been a huge letdown for me and I’m a lifelong Simmer way back from the original Sims.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I love your ideas but I don't think EA would ever put that much into one single expansion. However I do think that some of the ideas could happen.

First off I think sims 4 weather will be the best expansion to date. Here is what I think will be added
    • All seasons (Winter Summer Spring, Autumn)
    • seasonal activities (water balloon and snowball fights, skating, making snowmen, and snow angles, playing in leaves (toddler and up). Playing in snow (toddler only) raking leaves (builds responsibility), kiddie pool (toddler can use)
    • Weather system (Different variants of rain and snow, hail, thunderstorm, blizzard,
    • Temperature system (temperature changes each day). Certain seasons more likely to be hot or cold
    • Allergies or hay-fever in spring (hopefully for toddlers too)
    • holidays (at least 1 per seasons) (Christmas/snowflake day, Halloween/spooky day, valentines/lover's day, Leisure Day)
    • Holiday activities associated with different holidays
    • gift giving, candle lighting (Hanukkah/Kwanzaa), gingerbread house kit (kids and older group activity) Santa [for Snowflake day]
    • Give heart candy, give love letter, slow dance? [for Lover's day]
    • Have a picnic (portable picnic basket/blanket that can be stored with food for lunch sacks, and sims can eat on ground or on tables). NPC will have picnics during leisure day at a park venue in summer.
    • Trick or treat (group activity where children-teens go up to sim and asks for candy. They can bring parents along. Sims Do not actually knock on others door as that would require loading screen.) other sims can visit your house to trick or treat and will knock on your door, change into costume [spooky day]
    • dynamic weather (like in the sims 3 where snow and rain gradually build up)
    • choose the weather/seasons in each neighborhood
    • new parties (pool party, gift giving party
    • bunk beds (HA HA HA HA... No!)

Wanted feature that probably won't be added create a holiday (club feature).
    Users can create a new holiday like they can make clubs. They can decide what day it falls on, what season it is in, and whether sims get school or work off, and what activities are preferred or restricted during the holiday (like with clubs, sims will prefer to do these activities during the holiday).

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yea sure OP, lol.. while I love your ideas, we would never ever see that amount of time and energy spent on an EP for The Sims 4.
    Maybe we will get weather but will probably have to pay for each individual season.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    As much as I love your ideas OP, I don't think they will implement a Dynamic Aging system. Why would they fix something that isn't broken?
    Maybe in The Sims 5...
    a256aFi.gif
  • stargirlvampirestargirlvampire Posts: 7 New Member
    I love the ideas but I think if seasons comes out that some things will be missing that other sims seasons games had or that some will be added update by update

it will be a gamepack or expansion
    I think it will have this
    weather: rain,sun,hail,snow,thunder,wind,heat wave depending which season it is
    new death type: death by lightning
    temperatures just like sims 2 and sims 3
    leaf piles for fall/autumn
    snow man for winter
    a picnic table
    some new trees,plants and bushes
    some new clothing including clothing for each season and each weather
    some new calendars as decoration
    a new world based on seasons
    some floral patterns for walls or floors
    atleast 1 or 2 new chairs
    a new activity like snowboarding

a cheat to change the weather and change the season

I hope they bring a updated zodiac signs system in it
    where the moods of the sims get affected depending which zodiac sign they have
    and depending which zodiac signs they come across
    I have a mod for it but it would be interesting to get it in a update
    or in seasons
  • MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    I hope that we get something like the festival's/holidays like in TS3 also.
  • asadlittlepotatoasadlittlepotato Posts: 23 Member
    These are all wonderful ideas but I will eat my own PC if they actually pull off something like this. Like, this is EA we're talking about. They will give the developers neither the appropriate budget nor the time to implement the things we actually want. It will be another minimal effort expansion, with further stuff packs to attempt to complete it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    darkrage7 wrote: »
    Hey Simmers

Here is my prediction on The Sims 4 Seasons

Announcement Time: E3 2018 (Electronic Arts Press Conference)

Release Date: September 18th 2018

Features List:

- Seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
    - Weather System
    - Dynamic Aging System
    - Dynamic Birthdays and Life Events
    - Calender System (Days, Months, Years)
    - Holidays, Festivals and Seasonal Events
    - Temperature System
    - Wellness System
    - Memory System
    - New NPC's
    - New Clothing
    - New Objects
    - New Tools and Building Features
    - Create a Style returns

Seasons and Calender:

There is now a Calender in The Sims 4 - different months have different weather and seasons

Within the Calender you can see different events and add your own events - you can also see when your Sims birthday is and now when your sims is born it will have a date when they were born. Events like Marriage, Engagements, Job Promotions or even negetive events will display on the calender and in memory. The Calender can also be configured in the settings to how many days you would like in a year, or in months (you can set it to real life 365 days if you wish). Calender also has a feature where i can record upcoming events and the player can create own events (sticky notes) on it. There is also a Calender object in the game where it can remind sims of upcoming events which can boost mood. There is Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

Weather System:

Weather System returns to The Sims 4 with new ones too. Here is a list of weathers in the game:
    - Light Rain
    - Medium Rain
    - Heavy Rain
    - Rain Storm
    - Sleet Rain
    - Light Snow
    - Heavy Snow
    - Snow Storm
    - Light Wind
    - Heavy Wind
    - Wind Storm
    - Warm
    - Hot
    - Heat Wave
    - Hail
    - Hail Storm
    - Cold
    - Freezing

There is now static weather like warm, hot, cold, and freezing like in real life - where it can be a temperture drop and increase but doesn't trigger any rain, snow, wind etc. but the snow, rain or other can happen at random during these times.

There will be a weather forecast on TV, Radio, Internet and Newspaper/Magazines

Dynamic Aging System and Dynamic Birthdays

The sims now have an age numbers and growing up is a bit different now and can be configured in the settings. The default age numbers:

Baby: 0-2 Years Old

Toddler: - 2-5 Years Old

Child: 6-12 Years Old

Teen: 13 - 17 Years Old

Young Adult: 18 - 29 Years Old

Adult - 30 - 59 Years Old

Elder - 60+ Years Old

The Calender System has a Sims birthday every year which adds +1 to their age like in real life. The Sims also now have a birth date which can be seen on their profile stat.

Holidays, Events and Festivals:

There are now Holidays, Events and Festivals - here is the list:

Holidays -

The holidays will display in the Calender

New Years Day
    Pancake Day
    Valentines Day
    Easter Holiday
    Summer Holiday
    Halloween
    Bon Fire Night
    Christmas Holidays
    Christmas Day

During Easter, Summer and Christmas Holidays - Children and Teens have no School

During New Years Day and Christmas Day - Sims have an option to go to work or not if the workday falls on that day (going to work doubles or triples the pay that day)

Festivals -

There are also now festivals which Sims can go to during Seasons and Holidays - like one for each Season and Holiday

Temperature System -

Sims can now feel cold and hot depending on weather and activity

Life Events -

Sims can now set dates for events like Marriages, Engagements, Holidays, Travel, Conferences and more on the calender now. When a Sim accepts a engagement proposal and screen will show when you would want to get married etc.

Wellness System -

Sims now have a wellness bar which shows the current health state and can show whether the sims have caught a virus or cold for example. When the sims starts to feel ill the wellness bar will be low and in order to find out what is wrong with the sim they would need to go the doctor for the first time to get medication or antidote or resting can help feel better. If sims are healthy like eating good food it will increase the immune system and increase their wellness. Colds and Virus has a 50% chance to spread to other sims if the infected sims is very close.

Memory System -

The new memory system is much more in-depth and had more impact and effect on sims. Positive and Negative memories can be displayed depending on events, holidays and life events. There are smaller memories which can make a huge impact on the sims mood but can be overcome and removed by the sims keeping happy.

NPC -

Lots of new NPC in the game now:

- Santa (Christmas)
    - Easter Bunny (Easter)
    - Witch (Halloween)
    - Clown Enterainer (Summer and Birthdays)
    - Burglars (random at night)
    - Repo-Man (If bills not paid for long time)
    - Mayor (Easter Egg for next Expansion)

New Building Tools -

Heating System - Players can now build a heating system for Sims houses with special user interface that shows where heat is being distributed (similar to Sims City) and which rooms are being heated - new objects like radiators, heating fans, boilers and heating pipers and switches.

Cooling System - Similar to Heating System the player can place a air-conditior, fans and more.

Flexible Walls - Walls can now become curved and flexed which can allow players to create curved walls in any dimension or angle they choose.

Floor Limit Increase to 10 - You can now build floors up to 10 floors now and 5 floors below.

Elevators and Escalators - There is now building tools to create elevators for homes, businesses and more - and escalators for businesses and shopping malls.

Create-A-Style

From the very high demand user feedback CAS (Create a Style) returns to The Sims 4! you can now add custom colors and styles to all objects, sims and clothing and custom patterns, images and patterns can be imported to the game.

You've got enough there for 3 packs.

I don't think we'll get either a dynamic aging system or a full calendar -- most likely we'd get a seasonal calendar, with birthdays (and anniversaries) shown by season. In a sense, it would be similar to the calendar in Stardew Valley, with a Sim born on 3 Summer or 6 Winter. Might only get 7 days per season but maybe they'll adjust that depending on lifespan (short/normal/long). Dynamic aging would be hard to implement and could affect existing Sims/saves. They'd also have to do some major reprogramming of all the current CAS content to include Create-A-Style, if it's even possible with the current game engine.

I don't think we'll get a full on heating/cooling system; at most the current decorative HVAC units could be made functional to heat/cool houses (place then on the roof or on the ground next to the house). Heating/cooling costs should be included in the weekly bills, but if we get solar panels (as were suggested in the Off the Grid SP idea during the Community Pack surveys) that of course can lower bills.

Holidays -- I can see Sims getting paid days off for holidays, and kids not having school, but I can't see children/teens not having school at all during the summers. While realistic, I don't see it being feasible. If we got some sort of homeschooling options in game (maybe patched in), those could be used to take a long time off (like a family trip to the jungle) or for the inevitable "snow days".
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)