Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost Sims Degrees in Move

Ok I like to proudly display my sims diplomas however, I never remember to pick them all up before moving. So my issue is, how do I reorder or require my sims diplomas? she has 3 of them plus her high school one I've lost.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    If you've just moved your sim to a new house in the same world you can always purchase the old house as an additional home, grab the diplomas in build mode, put them up at the new home, then sell the old house again.

If you've moved your sim to a new world the EA way (not with NRaas Traveler) then you'll need mods. NRaas DebugEnabler has an option to generate a new HS diploma, and it has options to grant university degrees. I don't know whether using DebugEnabler (DE) to grant the same degree over again will generate a new university diploma or not. I've never tried it but it might work I guess; definitely something I would try. Maybe using DE to set her degree progress to 75% and then to 100% would do it.
  • balthasaur28000balthasaur28000 Posts: 175 Member
    The Debugger worked, it'll give you the graduated moodlet, but using the debugger to give them the degree again works and generates a new diploma.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    A little warning to those who use DebugEnabler to generate a Uni degree (for many of us usually when something has glitched up and the sim never graduated when they should have). They will also spin into their graduation robes and parade around a bit as if they really had just then graduated. Might want to do this at home with the window shades pulled down so other sims don't point and stare. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Hey, there's absolutely nothing wrong with an adult playing dress-up. If closed-minded people insist on judging, that's their problem.

I just wanted to say that finding diplomas (or other objects) that are still in the same world is even easier with mods. I don't have University installed, but I've "lost" a few items in moves. In particular, the Shiny Things Metal Chair from sculpting never seems to make it into the family inventory. So I just use MasterController to open the old house, click on the ground, select nraas>MC>object add to inventory>not inventory and select it. (I guess nraas>radius: add to inventory would also work.) It's then in the family inventory at my sims' new house. I also missed receiving a skill certificate in the mail a couple of times, as my sim moved the same day as he or she maxed the skill (okay, or maybe I just "forgot" to get the bills right before moving). I clicked on the ground out in the world, selected the same MC chain, and the certificate was listed, along with other objects like uncut gems I hadn't gathered and items for sale at the consignment store. The certificate didn't seem to actually exist in any physical location before I moved it to my inventory, but it had retained the correct information when I viewed it later.