Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Factory Mafia game! -- Mafia win

Comments

• xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    Yes, I do want to play. :)
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Is there a chance that a mafioso can nightkill their partner by accident?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »
    Is there a chance that a mafioso can nightkill their partner by accident?

Every player will be given another player's name with a number. The other player is going to be their mafia partner if your number falls under the percentage that is not town (or when you find out you're mafia).

All in all, you don't want to nightkill the person who is given to you in the first PM, just in case. XD But I'm sure you can also choose to kill the person, if you want to? I think it depends on Silent if they want to allow that. The setup page didn't clarify it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It would be counterproductive to kill your potential Mafia partner, though.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    So you the first PM might look like this?

Player 1 60% mafia
    Player 2 45 % town
    Player 3 20 % town

I thought you would only know your own percentage for an alignment xD Gosh, I'm confused :s
    No, it would be more like:

"You are 75% likely to be town"
    "Your Mafia partner would most likely be Mick Jagger"
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Player 1 60% mafia
    Player 2 45 % town
    Player 3 20 % town

I thought you would only know your own percentage for an alignment xD Gosh, I'm confused :s

No, more like:

"12. Kyle Hollis."
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Player 1 60% mafia
    Player 2 45 % town
    Player 3 20 % town

No, more like:

"12. Kyle Hollis."

Like a ranking?
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    The name of another player you are given isn't who you would definitely be mafia with, just who you'd most likely be mafia with.
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    You know what I’ll play. I should be able to carve out some time to play.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Player 1 60% mafia
    Player 2 45 % town
    Player 3 20 % town

No, more like:

"12. Kyle Hollis."

Like a ranking?

Nope. Hmm, let me give an example:

Let's say your first PM will show "12%. DeKay".
    For EACH player, the host will give a randomized number. The 12% might show that you have a very small chance to be town but that might not be the case.

Then, for EACH player, the host will roll a number between 1-100. You won't know what this number is but only the host knows it. Let's say the host rolls 30. Since 30 is bigger than 12, you will be scum. Let's say, you got really lucky and the host rolls '2', you will still be town.

I'm not too sure how the host would pick the other player's name to add into the PM. Sub said it would only list who you would most likely be scum with, but the way I read it is "who you would be scum with if you were a scum". I'll tag Silent just to clarify. @SilentWolf101
    832XG3D.gif
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Could I join or am I too late?
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member

I think you're too late. you can always sign up to be a replacement though.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt

Player 1 60% mafia
    Player 2 45 % town
    Player 3 20 % town

No, more like:

"12. Kyle Hollis."

Like a ranking?

For EACH player, the host will give a randomized number. The 12% might show that you have a very small chance to be town but that might not be the case.

Then, for EACH player, the host will roll a number between 1-100. You won't know what this number is but only the host knows it. Let's say the host rolls 30. Since 30 is bigger than 12, you will be scum. Let's say, you got really lucky and the host rolls '2', you will still be town.

I'm not too sure how the host would pick the other player's name to add into the PM. Sub said it would only list who you would most likely be scum with, but the way I read it is "who you would be scum with if you were a scum". I'll tag Silent just to clarify. @SilentWolf101

Thank you :) I think I get it now. And if it's wrong (my interpretation xD) then the game will start soon anyway because we're full (right?).
    Yes, the game will start soon. :)
    832XG3D.gif
    Yes, the game will start soon. :)

We only have 7 and we need 9, don't we?
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

Helio and Broncos signed up as well, but the total hasn't been updated.

Right.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

Well can I join or no? I thought you needed nine
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!

We already have 9 but Silent hasn't updated the list yet. But normally, more people are added as replacements :)

We already have 9 but Silent hasn't updated the list yet. But normally, more people are added as replacements :)

Oh okay.... That's fine I guess.
    It's a lot of fun!
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member

Player 1 60% mafia
    Player 2 45 % town
    Player 3 20 % town

No, more like:

"12. Kyle Hollis."

Like a ranking?

I understand that the setup is confusing, so let me clarify. I will randomly get a number for each of the players and write that number down. I'll then roll another number for each player. Then, I'll mix the names together for who might be mafia together. So, say you are mafia. You might receive something along the lines of:

To Inago Montoya: "You are 73% likely to be town. You're most likely to have Jim Bob as your mafia partner. You might want to keep them alive..."

To Jim Bob: "You are 13% likely to be town. You're most likely to have Inago Montoya as your mafia partner. You might want to keep them alive..."

Oh okay.... That's fine I guess.

I'm sorry about that, Charlie. :( Maybe next time? You can be a replacement if you want?
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
    I get it now ^^ Thanks for it, @SilentWolf101 :)
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I realize I'm late to come on. Do you guys want me to start day now and end it at 12 pm tomorrow (about 19/20 hours for day 1), or just wait until tomorrow to start it?
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges