Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Factory Mafia game! -- Mafia win

SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
edited January 2018 in Off Topic Chat
The rainbows in Ponyville have never looked better! But wait... What's going on over in the rainbow factory?

Welcome to the rainbow factory mafia game! If you don't know about the rainbow factory, well then it's your lucky day! If you're brave enough, feel free to look up Rainbow Factory song by The Living Tombstone over on youtube, and be ready for a dark ride. :3

This game will use a modified version of the Peek A Boo setup, which has 9 players (2 mafia, 7 townies). Here's how this will work.

• There are two private messages that will be sent out to you. One will be given to you immediately (the NOW pm). One will be given to you when you ask me to (privately, outside of this thread, the role pm). The private message that will be given to you immediately will not tell you your role or alignment.It WILL, however, tell you how likely you are to be town. Let me try to explain (if it makes no sense, then go check out the setup). Basically, in your NOW pm, you will get a random number between 1-100 (we'll call this A) and a name of one of the other players. A is the chance that you are town, and the higher the number, the better chances you are town. The player's name is the player you will most likely be mafia with. I will then role a random number (which we will call B ), and if the number B lands between 0 and A, then you are town. If it does not, then you are mafia. I repeat, you will not know if you are town or mafia yet.
  • At ANY point in the game, you will also have the opportunity to ask me (privately, not in this thread) to send you your actual role pm. Here's the catch. Every day you DO NOT look at your role, your role will be "edited" to give you an added bonus -- day one may give you a one-shot strongman, or a one-shot doctor. Day two may give you two shots. As soon as your PM is sent, you will no longer be able to gain bonuses.
  • Once you have read your role message, your name will be modified (either by a color or bolded, or something. Whatever I can do besides a strikethrough) in the player list. You will not get a mafia group pm.

Rules
  1. Days will last 24 hours and nights will last 12 hours. They will end at 12 am/pm US MTS (UTC/GMT-7). There will not be any hammers since there will be no guarantee that I will be online in time for a hammer. With this, try to be active. Mafia games are more fun when all players post. You will be mod-killed or replaced if you have not been active for 48 hours. For time conversions, see below.
  2. Do not talk about the game outside of the thread with other players, unless both of you have already left the game. This is punishable by silence or death.
  3. DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS. Quote the post and fix it there.
  4. When voting, make sure to bold it. You may use nicknames. (e.g. Vote: Silent) If your vote is not bolded, it won't count. DO NOT USE COLORS. I'll be using rainbow for my mod posts, probably...
  5. You may help me keep up with vote counts, but do not try to host for me. In other words, don't try to end day/night for me, don't say who killed who, none of that unless I've given you permission to do so.
  6. CLAIMING: You cannot say who your "partner" is. That would break the game. You can, however, say what your percentage chance of being town was.
  7. Avoid talking on topic about the game during night. You're all supposed to be asleep, after all. Talking off-topic is fine.
  8. Please do not post in the thread if you are dead or not part of the game aside from asking to be a replacement, or asking to be part of the afterlife.
  9. Scum are allowed day-talk due to the time-zone differences. If you know that you will not be online, then you may send in your actions early.
  10. In the case of a tie, the person who has held the most votes the longest will be lynched.
  11. If you have looked at your second pm and have an action, but you don't submit anything, your action will be skipped over. Make sure to turn in your action early if you expect to be gone.
  12. Nights work like this: Send in a person who you'd want to kill, whether or not you think you're mafia. If you are mafia, then your kill will go through. If you are not mafia, then nothing will happen. If you have looked at your role pm, then don't mind this.

Time conversions:
worldzones.gif
~Open your mind before your mouth~
Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
Post edited by SilentWolf101 on

Comments

• SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited January 2018
    Players
    1. Sonschi
    2. Dekay
    3. Icmnfrsh (icey)
    4. LyricSimsz15 (Lyric)
    5. LiaRose1435 (Lia)
    6. Bellagorilla (Bella)
    7. DatSubmarine (Sub)
    8. xHeliodora
    9. Broncos4life (Broncos)

Alive
    • Sonschi
    • Bella

Dead
    • Lia
    • Sub
    • Helio
    • Dekay
    • Icey
    • Lyric
    • Broncos

Replacements
    • Charliecheesenurgers (charlie)
    • Sub

Pms Read
    • Dekay
    • Sonschi
    • Icey
    • Bella
    • Broncos

Links And Events
    Day 1: No Lynch
    No Lynch (9) - Icey, Bella, Sonschi, Lia, Sub, Lyric, Broncos, Helio, Dekay
    Night 1
    Lia has been killed
    Day 2: Sub has been killed
    Sub (3) - Dekay, Icey, Broncos,
    Broncos (2) - Sonschi, Sub
    Dekay (1) - Helio
    NV (2) - Lyric, Bella
    Night 2
    Helio has been killed.
    Day 3: Icey has been killed
    Icey (3) - Dekay, Lyric, Bella
    Lyric (1) - Sonschi
    Night 3
    Dekay has been killed
    Day 4: Broncos has been killed
    Broncos (1) - Sonschi
    Sonschi (1) - Broncos
    Night 4
    Lyric has been killed
    Game over -- mafia wins
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    You may now post. :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    FIRST. XD Can I play?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Added. :)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wanna be a pony
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Can i play?
    Usually i don't play unless i'm invited but i still love MLP and Rainbow Factory is one of my favorite Creepypastas :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Can I play?
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Me please!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Add me to afterlife when you make it. I cant play, but I want to watch
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    Oh you mean no one knows what their roles are? :o that sounds difficult
    I would like to try it :o do you tell us what our B number is?
    Does that second part with no game talk mean you can’t eg talk why you think someone is mafia? You can just vote?
    From what I understood, you can choose to find out your role anytime, but you'll get more bonuses the longer you wait to find out. But you'll know who your theoretical Mafia partner is, so that you don't accidentally lynch your partner in case you turn out to be Mafia.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Hello!
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    (That means I'd like to join :P)
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Thanks for adding me already :)

One question: How will you know that someone has already read the second PM? I'm not planning on cheating at all but I'm clumsy and might open it by accident xD
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »

One question: How will you know that someone has already read the second PM? I'm not planning on cheating at all but I'm clumsy and might open it by accident xD

I think she said somewhere that she wouldnt send the 2nd on till you ask for it. Maybe on discord a while back is when she said that.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »

I think she said somewhere that she wouldnt send the 2nd on till you ask for it. Maybe on discord a while back is when she said that.

This makes sense :) thanks
    Alrighty, to answer questions:

1) No, you will not know what the B number is until you ask for your role pm.
    2) I forgot to add in the "outside of the thread" part. So, you can talk about the game here, but not outside of this thread.
    3) Yes, I will know because you asked to read it. :3 I'm counting me sending it to you as you reading the PM, since it doesn't give me a "read" notification here on the forums.
    @xHeliodora Did you want to play? Just to be sure...

If we get enough players, then I shall attempt to start the game tomorrow/Sunday. Feel free to start tagging people at this point. :)
    I forgot about a key point -- the nights! So, this is how nights will work. I added a bit more here, but... Yeah.

Send in the name of a person who you'd want to kill if you were mafia (or No Kill if you don't want to kill anybody), whether or not you think you are mafia. If you are mafia, then there is a 50% change your kill will go through (I will flip a coin. If your kill did not go through, then your partner's did). If you are not mafia, then nothing will happen.

If you have looked at your role pm already, then disregard this. There is still a 50% chance that your kill may go through if you are mafia, otherwise if you give me a name, then your night action will be done on that player.
    So if both Mafia submit kills, you basically assign heads to one and tails to the other?

What if there's one Mafioso left? Is it still 50%?

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    So if both Mafia submit kills, you basically assign heads to one and tails to the other?

What if there's one Mafioso left? Is it still 50%?

Ohhhhhh, good point... Hm... Right now, I'll say that the kill will go through...
    Okay cool.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Got it