Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why no Santa NPC?

Ever since I saw the items and the Santa NPC in a picture from S2, I've wanted it. At least in S3 we had some Christmas type things, but years later, our holidays are still lacking and every holiday, I expect them to cash in on it and they never do.

People would be over the moon for a Valentine's Day pack with flowers, candy, cards, an "I love you" interaction to whomever you want to say it to. Sweet hairstyles, clothes, fingernail polish, decorations for the house, and a couple of stuffed animals for the kids. Catloverplayer's romantic rug, tub, and things requested so much in S3 that never came to be. Maybe even one stationary car for woohoo.

An Easter pack with real egg hunting that we can play any time of the year like in S3 and maybe even throw in the chickens and ability to buy them, sell them, eat their eggs, and have baby chicks. Ability to color eggs together and maybe decorate them with stickers ect. An Easter bunny stand where the kids can sit on Bunny NPC's lap to take a picture. Colorful clothes, more flowers, and everything springy.

Halloween fleshed out with décor, outfits, weird hairstyles, mismatched socks, scary teeth like Spider-Man 3's black spidy at the end with all the teeth. A mirror that is scary and talks to you. Pictures that do weird things. A scary doll that says creepy things. And maybe not even a gamepack, but an EP with Halloween town and scary clowns and the ability to look like them. Striped pants like in Adam's Family and their car. A haunted house like in S3 or maybe even a real house for our sims to go into. Prank calls. Scary calls that give a scared mood. Fleshing out the Grim reaper and adding the cemetery with services, wills, caskets, ect. I would love to have the ability to have sims die on your lot for years and their ghosts be uncontrolled, but their ghost added to your lot through the headstone. That way you could have many ghosts "trapped" on your lot.

Thanksgiving with pioneer type clothes and many types of Indian clothes so no one will complain. Turkey party. Since it is all about the food, many recipes that are made during the holidays could come in.

And as my title said, Why no Santa NPC. Pretty sure people would go crazy for a fleshed out pack. I can barely remember the picture, but I do remember the Santa and a beautiful painting. There was more I liked, but I can't remember it at all. I think I will try a poll and see what all of you think.

Also, did we get anything new/free with the January patch?

Comments

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    PS. Sim guru I posted about wanting holiday content and then went to make a poll and this was put on my page?:

You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again.

Why would my account be hit with a spam block when I've only made 1 post and am trying to make 1 poll? That doesn't even make sense??? I've seen loads of simmers make post after post after post.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We don't have holidays yet, so a Santa isn't needed until we do.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    What will a Santa do?

I mean, when would your Sims see Santa? TS4 has no way of scheduling.

I think TS4 is supposed to have a tragic clown(s), but I have never seen them. I have dressed a Sim in the clown costume, but have never seen the actual clown.

Santa could be included, but you may never, ever, see Santa.

Having said that, if they added Santa then there would be Santa nights in the bars - ie you would see like 8 or so of them on a Santa night - a bit like a bear night.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    What will a Santa do?

I think TS4 is supposed to have a tragic clown(s), but I have never seen them. I have dressed a Sim in the clown costume, but have never seen the actual clown.

Having said that, if they added Santa then there would be Santa nights in the bars - ie you would see like 8 or so of them on a Santa night - a bit like a bear night.

Tragic Clowns will never appear in your games on their own; you have to summon the NPC through viewing the Tragic Clown painting found in build mode, then the tragic clown NPC will now appear in your games.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    What will a Santa do?

Sims 1 never had a calendar, and Sims 2's holiday pack predated seasons. The only thing needed then was a Christmas tree and a plate of cookies, and your sims had to be asleep at night. We already have the Christmas tree, so we just need cookies that come with the holiday pack to trigger the arrival of a Santa NPC.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited January 2018
    What will a Santa do?

They didn't schedule it in the previous versions and having a Christmas party and placing the tree on your lot could allow him to come in. In S3, you can have it anytime you want to, but they just didn't add the Santa, just the party ect.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We don't have holidays yet, so a Santa isn't needed until we do.

That is why I'm asking. No season, no holidays and we have had a couple of Christmases. I was asking in hopes that they would keep it in mind for this year. They will never put it or holidays in if we don't show interest and ask. Season was just about my favorite of the S3 EPs and many simmers talked in the past and shared pictures of S2 Holiday pack. I really liked what they put in.
    What will a Santa do?

Tragic Clowns will never appear in your games on their own; you have to summon the NPC through viewing the Tragic Clown painting found in build mode, then the tragic clown NPC will now appear in your games.

I didn't know that, so I'm glad that the question was asked and that you shared that info. I will keep that in mind for future games.
    Holidays normally comes with Seasons. So, if they didn't listen to a vocal few who want a seasons GP, we should get all the normal Seasons pack stuff. Hopefully that will include some version of a Santa.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2018
    In the original Sims, your Sims had to be asleep. In TS2, your Sims can interact with Santa and gain a new BFF.

I don't know why Santa isn't still in the Sims - there really is no valid excuse. :/ Couldn't they program him to show from a trigger, and he just be linked to that trigger and not be seen strolling around the hood like a hobo or crashing parties?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Anmirla wrote: »
    In the original Sims, your Sims had to be asleep. In TS2, your Sims can interact with Santa and gain a new BFF.

I don't know why Santa isn't still in the Sims - there really is no valid excuse. :/ Couldn't they program him to show from a trigger, and he just be linked to that trigger and not be seen strolling around the hood like a hobo or crashing parties?

Their "excuse" is that not everyone has an American version of Santa or any Santa at all.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

Their "excuse" is that not everyone has an American version of Santa or any Santa at all.

Yet they can add stuff like Indian lamp ceremony thing? Nope, not a valid excuse.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Yet they can add stuff like Indian lamp ceremony thing? Nope, not a valid excuse.

How about this. Maybe they want to do something different.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    PS. Sim guru I posted about wanting holiday content and then went to make a poll and this was put on my page?:

You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again.

Why would my account be hit with a spam block when I've only made 1 post and am trying to make 1 poll? That doesn't even make sense??? I've seen loads of simmers make post after post after post.

Spam block just means you have to wait four minutes before posting again. You didn't do anything to cause it. Everyone has to wait a few minutes so people cannot spam posts by reposting inappropriate amounts of posts at once.

As for holidays, I look forward to them but not only do they come with Seasons (they really don't give away that much content at a time in an update) but they have to be careful creating holidays as different cultures celebrate differently.
  • > @Anmirla said:
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > Anmirla wrote: »
    >
    > In the original Sims, your Sims had to be asleep. In TS2, your Sims can interact with Santa and gain a new BFF.
    >
    > I don't know why Santa isn't still in the Sims - there really is no valid excuse. :/ Couldn't they program him to show from a trigger, and he just be linked to that trigger and not be seen strolling around the hood like a hobo or crashing parties?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Their "excuse" is that not everyone has an American version of Santa or any Santa at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yet they can add stuff like Indian lamp ceremony thing? Nope, not a valid excuse.

It is called Diwali :)
  • NathanANathanA Posts: 39 Member
    If they ever add seasons, with actual seasons like summer, spring, fall and winter. There could be an event that happens once, on the last day of winter. It could feature santa and he could give your sims a present, or just give them a positive moodlet. He could visit the sims house late at night, with presents, or there could be an opportunity to travel to his grotto and receive the benefits there. That would be mid day though, in case it happens to be a school day the next. Travelling would be a pain.
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    edited February 2018
    > @davina1221 said:

> Thanksgiving with pioneer type clothes and many types of Indian clothes so no one will complain.

I just wanted to point out that they were Native Americans, not Indians.
    Post edited by SimsayCD on
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Ever since I saw the items and the Santa NPC in a picture from S2, I've wanted it. At least in S3 we had some Christmas type things, but years later, our holidays are still lacking and every holiday, I expect them to cash in on it and they never do.

People would be over the moon for a Valentine's Day pack with flowers, candy, cards, an "I love you" interaction to whomever you want to say it to. Sweet hairstyles, clothes, fingernail polish, decorations for the house, and a couple of stuffed animals for the kids. Catloverplayer's romantic rug, tub, and things requested so much in S3 that never came to be. Maybe even one stationary car for woohoo.

An Easter pack with real egg hunting that we can play any time of the year like in S3 and maybe even throw in the chickens and ability to buy them, sell them, eat their eggs, and have baby chicks. Ability to color eggs together and maybe decorate them with stickers ect. An Easter bunny stand where the kids can sit on Bunny NPC's lap to take a picture. Colorful clothes, more flowers, and everything springy.

Halloween fleshed out with décor, outfits, weird hairstyles, mismatched socks, scary teeth like Spider-Man 3's black spidy at the end with all the teeth. A mirror that is scary and talks to you. Pictures that do weird things. A scary doll that says creepy things. And maybe not even a gamepack, but an EP with Halloween town and scary clowns and the ability to look like them. Striped pants like in Adam's Family and their car. A haunted house like in S3 or maybe even a real house for our sims to go into. Prank calls. Scary calls that give a scared mood. Fleshing out the Grim reaper and adding the cemetery with services, wills, caskets, ect. I would love to have the ability to have sims die on your lot for years and their ghosts be uncontrolled, but their ghost added to your lot through the headstone. That way you could have many ghosts "trapped" on your lot.

Thanksgiving with pioneer type clothes and many types of Indian clothes so no one will complain. Turkey party. Since it is all about the food, many recipes that are made during the holidays could come in.

And as my title said, Why no Santa NPC. Pretty sure people would go crazy for a fleshed out pack. I can barely remember the picture, but I do remember the Santa and a beautiful painting. There was more I liked, but I can't remember it at all. I think I will try a poll and see what all of you think.

I wan't this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Holidays normally comes with Seasons. So, if they didn't listen to a vocal few who want a seasons GP, we should get all the normal Seasons pack stuff. Hopefully that will include some version of a Santa.
    Seasons is basically the EP that I want the most. With them only doing a section at a time with S4, I'm just not sure how they would do that. I think it was not linked to Seasons in S2, but in a stand alone holiday one. I would like that too. I'm also hoping for farming and university too. Just saw the trailer for the new Jungle EP and I'm really excited for it. With the new party system menu, it would be easy to either include Santa or not and they could choose to introduce a Holiday pack just like in Sims 2 that is independent from Seasons. Actually, in order to flesh it out, it might be better if Seasons and Holidays was separated like in Sims 2. That way the holidays could have some really cool décor, interactions, and CAS/build/buy and the Seasons could have more interactions with each season. Makes me want to play S3.

BoredinTX wrote: »
    Spam block just means you have to wait four minutes before posting again. You didn't do anything to cause it. Everyone has to wait a few minutes so people cannot spam posts by reposting inappropriate amounts of posts at once.

As for holidays, I look forward to them but not only do they come with Seasons (they really don't give away that much content at a time in an update) but they have to be careful creating holidays as different cultures celebrate differently.
    Thanks for the spam block info. I haven't encountered that before. As for the holidays, they can always add things from different cultures and do in adventure packs like the Jungle one coming up. It is just ours is the only one anyone fusses about, except for the Native Americans/Indian stuff they had in the S3. They could put in several Indian outfits/headdresses if they do a future Thanksgiving. Just like in S3, if you don't want it, you don't have to use it just like the tiki bar and many other things in The Sims.
    NathanA wrote: »
    If they ever add seasons, with actual seasons like summer, spring, fall and winter. There could be an event that happens once, on the last day of winter. It could feature santa and he could give your sims a present, or just give them a positive moodlet. He could visit the sims house late at night, with presents, or there could be an opportunity to travel to his grotto and receive the benefits there. That would be mid day though, in case it happens to be a school day the next. Travelling would be a pain.

Not really. Once you bring up the party for the holidays, it could have something/box that says include Santa and that would be our choice. The party could be programed to last till midnight and right before that, the Santa could leave gifts and leave. I don't see it being any harder than broomhilda coming from the closet when summoned and leaving at dismissal.

SimsayCD wrote: »
    > @davina1221 said: > Thanksgiving with pioneer type clothes and many types of Indian clothes so no one will complain. I just wanted to point out that they were Native Americans, not Indians.
    All the movies call them Indians and that is how they are listed in history books and referred too. We live right near a large tribe and they don't care. I think it is even plastered all over their signs and things they sell. As Ben Carson said, the news world loves to cause conflict so they can write about it and pit us against each other. My point was that if they offer an array of outfits that more groups would feel included. The way the S4 is fixed in CAS where outfits not only have different looks, but are sometimes different, would be a great way to do that. One headpiece, but several styles. Same with the clothes.
    I want this

I do too. As I said, if they did it with a party, simmers could pick and choose easily what they want in their games. This is seen in the groups/clubs, the sales store/dining uniforms ect. Just as with clubs, we could choose what to use and not all from the party menu.

Happy Simming, simmers. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Not only that but we can't even get an official free autumn décor set but yes I would love a Santa Npc and also Santa outfits and beards for our sims.
    Not only that but we can't even get an official free autumn décor set but yes I would love a Santa Npc and also Santa outfits and beards for our sims.

Personally, I wish they would do a Holidays gamepack sort of like S2 with some S3/S4 improvements. Since we have seen what they can do with The Jungle and vampires, I think a gamepack would be good enough to make Holidays well rounded. I would love to have that and Seasons again.

Also, since I know you usually respond to questions, I have always had trouble getting the Christmas tree party to work in S3. I even had a big space around it the last time I tried. Any ideas on why it is hard to get to work? THanks