Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone else seen this?

I just got Laundry Stuff today and while playing my game, I noticed this bit of info. I am pretty sure that we aren't supposed to see that? :neutral:

XQ2vlj.jpg

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I think it's a fun little reference to like D&D or stuff of that nature.
    6riwm5.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ...just to burst a lot of bubbles, lets link an item from an old game here... http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31579

so, it's a reference to an online game people played a decade or more ago
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Very interesting... :o
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • cedesdccedesdc Posts: 93 Member
    I wasn't planning on using any of the items yet but i HAD to use this wreath after seeing this lol.
    Props to kalaksed for getting that reference haha!!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    ...just to burst a lot of bubbles, lets link an item from an old game here... http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31579

so, it's a reference to an online game people played a decade or more ago

Wow, this post makes me feel old.

I remember when Everquest was new and still buggy as all get out. Myself and a guy I used to play with were some of the first people on our server to reach level twenty. The guild that we belonged to used to throw impromptu end of the world parties when we knew that the servers were about to go down for maintenance.

Good times.

Back on topic: Despite the source, I bet that item will still be subject to pages and pages of speculation about a new magic pack. :)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Brambles are also something you would have in a....I don't know.....a Jungle pack!?!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I met my ex-husband on Everquest.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member

I met my husband on Everquest! 15 years anniversary in 2 months. It came out around Sims 1, didn't it?

I geeked out a little when I saw the picture (I played a druid in EQ).
    Francl27 wrote: »

I met my husband on Everquest! 15 years anniversary in 2 months. It came out around Sims 1, didn't it?

Yes, it did! The boyfriend I had at the time introduced me to both of them. My official introduction to the Sims was him saying "I was in my house and suddenly this woman named Bella came over."
  • WitchessPancakesWitchessPancakes Posts: 209 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

I spent many an hour on EQ. Same with my husband. I played a wood elf druid, then my next character was a dark elf enchanter.
    The oranges of the Island are like blazing fire Amongst the emerald boughs- And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover- Who has spent the night crying... -Mohammed Ibn Omar-
    I started as a barbarian warrior and then, in the grand tradition of EQ warriors who got sick to death of walking everywhere or begging for ports and SoW, switched to splitting my time between a wood elf druid and a high elf magician. :D
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    What EQ server was everyone in here on? Karana here, and then transfered to Ayonae Ro in the server split. Best Druid around (Best of the Best in fact) - you better believe it ;)
    I was on Bertoxxulous. I still keep in touch with folks from my old guild(s) there. :)
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    I saw that and was immediately hit by nostalgia--EQ was my first MMO. I was on Xev, though I played my necromancer more than my druid. ;)

I linked that a bunch of old EQ friends and they got a kick out of it too. (LOOK, AN EVERQUEST REFERENCE IN MY SIMS GAME YOU GUYS.)
    uduVcAP.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i started as an iksar necromancer on rodcet nife when kunark came out (managed to avoid the game until then, but daggerfall had given me a fondness for lizardmen, so as soon as found out lizardmen were a new playable race in everquest, i was sold...)

then moved to karana as a dark elf cleric main and stayed there for many years, just about all my characters were evil, though i did eventually have a froglok paladin.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    What EQ server was everyone in here on? Karana here, and then transfered to Ayonae Ro in the server split. Best Druid around (Best of the Best in fact) - you better believe it ;)

I knew it was all your fault, yeppers! Never mind the "blame Steve" stuff anymore, it's that Graham guy with the paint-drip shirt that wrote all that. Tsk, tsk.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Wow, you're all old. :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Xegony here. Main was a wood elf druid, so thank you, @SimGuruGraham for that wonderful wreath!

I started when Velious was freshly out and stopped before Dragons of Norrath came out, that's... around five years my soul was in a jar on Sony's mantelpiece. So many alts. So. many. alts. But the main had both epics and was in a raid guild and all that stuff. Also roleplayed happily, somehow it seemed more inclusive back then. You could roleplay, do small stuff with your friends and raid, you could have your Misty Thicket Picnic Basket and eat it, too!
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Druzzil Ro here.

Then transferred to a UK server and quit there.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Chika6t9 wrote: »
    I just got Laundry Stuff today and while playing my game, I noticed this bit of info. I am pretty sure that we aren't supposed to see that? :neutral:

XQ2vlj.jpg

So that CAS item was the hint to Realm of Magic
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Wow, you're all old. :p

Nah, just a bunch of puppies. I can remember when a computer game was all text based, on a mainframe, yet, as no PCs existed. When we got terrain maps consisting of a bunch of Xs for land and Os for water we thought that was astounding. Never had good enough internet connection to try Everquest.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top