Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why clean clothes in hamper

Comments

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    This is a profoundly disturbing thread... my mind is boggling. I haven't even played enough to really watch the hamper, but I will be watching this thread. Yikes.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I tested this because I just bought laundry day today. I have a dresser and two hampers. The hamper in the bathroom has dirty clothes in it. I can move these to the washer. The hamper in the bedroom has clean clothes and they are sparkling. I cannot add them to the washer or dryer. It says they are already clean. I am going to try removing a couple mods that might be the issue and report back. I also removed the dresser.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I placed new hamper and it worked fine for 2 loads again. After 2 loads options to do laundry or check pockets are inactive again. Hamper is full, but I can't do laundry :(
    edited January 2018
    https://imgur.com/a/16gys Removed all my mods and still have this issue. Clean laundry is in one hamper and dirty in the other. I do not know how the clean laundry got there as I didn't put it there. I've only ever done Unload Laundry and put away. Pics included I hope, but won't go under the 'image' section so sorry!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I just got back in my game, did two loads of laundry... and now it's working like it should. I even did a second load of laundry a couple of Sim days later. I'm not sure what happened, but it's working fine now.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • mamabear24mamabear24 Posts: 2 New Member
    Derp, I was having issues until I realized that I had to click on the washer/dryer again to start the cycles after loading them.

Love the Search Pockets feature, fun way to make extra money.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2018
    So dressers matter now? My sims are just throwing clothes up in the air to put them away. Not sure if I have a dresser. I’ll buy one and take a look to see if they actually put them away.

I wish we were able to just click on the washer/wash tub and start washing clothes (the Sim will go grab clothes out the hamper and head to wash them) instead of having to click on the hamper each time.

Also, I don’t like that I have to click on the washer/dryer again after putting clothes in it in order to start the load. After we add clothes in it the load should automatically start. Idk why they changed it this time.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So dressers matter now? My sims are just throwing clothes up in the air to put them away. Not sure if I have a dresser. I’ll buy one and take a look to see if they actually put them away.

I wish we were able to just click on the washer/wash tub and start washing clothes (the Sim will go grab clothes out the hamper and head to wash them) instead of having to click on the hamper each time.

Also, I don’t like that I have to click on the washer/dryer again after putting clothes in it in order to start the load. After we add clothes in it the load should automatically start. Idk why they changed it this time.

I agree, I don't see why, once its in the washer we should tell sim to turn it on. this should be automatic.

I'm starting my game now, and will try in a different house, see if I have the same problem.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member

No dressers are needed on the lot per SimGuruGraham's response earlier in this thread: "There's no need to actually have a dresser on your lot for this to function properly. "

I did notice one time my hamper was "full" with clean clothes I couldn't wash, but somehow it fixed itself.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

No dressers are needed on the lot per SimGuruGraham's response earlier in this thread: "There's no need to actually have a dresser on your lot for this to function properly. "

I did notice one time my hamper was "full" with clean clothes I couldn't wash, but somehow it fixed itself.

I also noticed during yesterday's game play that it takes a Sim day for clean clothes in the hamper to degrade enough to allow you to wash them. Maybe this is what happened in your game?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2018
    I am having a similar problem. I find after leaving the laundry for a day it seems to be dirty enough to allow me to do laundry. Otherwise it won't let me load the washer, even when the hamper is full. Sometimes if I pick up the dirty clothes from the floor I can load them into the washer and start it that way. Confusing!
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
    My hamper is full of clean clothes and I know they've been there for at least a day. Now dirty clothes are going in piles on the floor and I can wash those, but not what's in the hamper.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2018

No, dressers don't matter and you are not required to have one. I like that the loads don't automatically start. What if I'm not done loading the washer or dryer? I can load them all day and then start it at night before my sim goes to bed. Or whenever I feel like it, for that matter.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I played a new family with just the washer and dryer, no washing line and no wash bowl tub. so far everything is working as it should, it's about to get interesting tomorrow when the twins grow into toddlers. I have two hampers. both have been collecting dirty wash.
    does anyone know if the white hampers work from a previous stuff pack or are these just decoration???

I didn't know we could just keep loading the machine, and then turn it on. good idea. especially if we have a large family.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    That happened to me and I had to delete the hamper and add another one.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Thanks for the continued reports; we've been taking a closer look here in the studio to try and determine if something unintended is going on. I'll share updates as we learn more.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2018
    ...well...I'm sorry. I'm laughing my butt off here. I guess the solution is: Buy new hampers. :D

As you know, in RL we have to buy soap and fabric softener (for those who use it) IN Sims we don't have to do all that...it's provided free. Well...maybe this is EA's way of telling you that well...there's a trade-off. Since you don't buy soap or Fabric Softener in the Sims 4, well...you're buying hampers. :D

Going back to my corner now. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2018
    ...well...I'm sorry. I'm laughing my butt off here. I guess the solution is: Buy new hampers. :D

As you know, in RL we have to buy soap and fabric softener (for those who use it) IN Sims we don't have to do all that...it's provided free. Well...maybe this is EA's way of telling you that well...there's a trade-off. Since you don't buy soap or Fabric Softener in the Sims 4, well...you're buying hampers. :D

Going back to my corner now. :D

I don't think the plight on this thread is funny; people on here are genuinely frustrated.
    Post edited by Feet46 on
  • BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    The whole thing is so confusing, used clothes are used clothes, no matter how clean it was before you used it lol so you wait for the "clean" clothes in your hamper to decay, while adding more clean clothes on top of it every time, so you're also slowing down their decay rate because as they said in the stream, the clothes mixes status when you put it together. Oh boy I we had this endless loop of clean clothes in real life aswell!
  • jipotleyjipotley Posts: 1 New Member
    Definitely had used clothes in my hamper. Sim returned from work and changed into normal clothes. Work clothes went “used” into the hamper. I clicked on my hamper and I was given the option to Add to Washing Machine, but before I washed them, I used Search Pockets. I clicked again after this, but I found that “Add to Washing Machine” was greyed out, and the clothes in the hamper were now clean! :neutral:
  • ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    If only there was a chair for clothes that are used but not dirty to live on for another wear :p
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    I’ve finally had some downtime to play with the laundry stuff and the only issue I’ve found is I can’t use the washer or dryer unless it’s stacked. Anyone else have this issue?

I’ve tried deleting and buying new ones, buying new laundry baskets, placing them near the washer and nothing and repairing my game. Still having the issue.
  • Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2018
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    I’ve finally had some downtime to play with the laundry stuff and the only issue I’ve found is I can’t use the washer or dryer unless it’s stacked. Anyone else have this issue?

I’ve tried deleting and buying new ones, buying new laundry baskets, placing them near the washer and nothing and repairing my game. Still having the issue.

No that's not happening in my game. But, if you have a shelf over the washer and dryer (non-stacked), doing laundry will be unavailable. Delete the shelf over the washer and dryer and it should work.

Andiratyme wrote: »
    My hamper is full of clean clothes and I know they've been there for at least a day. Now dirty clothes are going in piles on the floor and I can wash those, but not what's in the hamper.

I have the same problem and the only way around it to replace hamper with clean clothes with brand new empty one. I see no other options.
    No matter how many hampers I place in the house, they all fill up with clean clothes pretty soon and in order to wash clothes I either need new hamper or let clothes drop all over the house on the floors, since all hampers are full with clean clothes.
    jipotley wrote: »
    Definitely had used clothes in my hamper. Sim returned from work and changed into normal clothes. Work clothes went “used” into the hamper. I clicked on my hamper and I was given the option to Add to Washing Machine, but before I washed them, I used Search Pockets. I clicked again after this, but I found that “Add to Washing Machine” was greyed out, and the clothes in the hamper were now clean! :neutral:

yep, that's why I'm afraid to check pockets, because it's happening in my game too.