Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why clean clothes in hamper

I cant be the only one that wants to know, who was daft enough to think clean clothes go in the hamper?? and not in the drawers or wardrobes, where they are supposed to go. I see my sims twirl and their dirty clothes go into the hamper. the next day they clean them. which again end up in the hamper, so where are the dirty clothes supposed to go. I feel my sims are living in a twilight world where washing is backwards. I hope this gets rectified. with three kids and a dag and cat, they haven't time to be tripping over clean clothes on the floor. and why are they on the floor. someone allowed this in the game. Why??

Comments

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I see this happening in my game as well. I have to sell and buy new hampers or else the dirty clothes have nowhere to go.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I cant be the only one that wants to know, who was daft enough to think clean clothes go in the hamper?? and not in the drawers or wardrobes, where they are supposed to go. I see my sims twirl and their dirty clothes go into the hamper. the next day they clean them. which again end up in the hamper, so where are the dirty clothes supposed to go. I feel my sims are living in a twilight world where washing is backwards. I hope this gets rectified. with three kids and a dag and cat, they haven't time to be tripping over clean clothes on the floor. and why are they on the floor. someone allowed this in the game. Why??

Why do you think they go into the hamper? Do you see them going in there? In the LS, the clothes were folded and the sim sort of tossed them into the air and they went into the dresser.
    edited January 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Why do you think they go into the hamper? Do you see them going in there? In the LS, the clothes were folded and the sim sort of tossed them into the air and they went into the dresser.

They went into the hamper. It was filled with clothes that were clean. There was only one hamper in the house at the time and of course it was empty while the clothes were in the washer and dryer.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Can it be the reason why my washing option is grayed out ? My sim just went to the shower and I saw dirty cloths falling into the hamper, but it's impossible to load the washer. My sim had and option to check pockets but that's it. I've purchased new machines, new hamper, repaired my game, but nothing helps. It worked ok for the first 3 loads.
    Something is definitely wrong. Hamper is overfilled and I still can't get an option to load the washer or even check the pockets. Now my sims began dropping clothes on the floor and only clothes from the floor they can load in the washer.
    Ravager619 wrote: »

They went into the hamper. It was filled with clothes that were clean. There was only one hamper in the house at the time and of course it was empty while the clothes were in the washer and dryer.

How do you know the clothes in the hamper were clean? If your sim "spun" into a different outfit, the other clothes should go to the hamper. Even if those clothes were on your sim for a couple of seconds. Maybe you didn't like the outfit they changed into, so you had them change again. To us, those clothes are still clean, but to the game programing, they are dirty because your sim wore them, if only for a few seconds.
    Something is definitely wrong. Hamper is overfilled and I still can't get an option to load the washer or even check the pockets. Now my sims began dropping clothes on the floor and only clothes from the floor they can load in the washer.

Try deleting you hamper and buy another type of hamper to see if it is also bugged. Your sims clothes will not disappear.

Try deleting you hamper and buy another type of hamper to see if it is also bugged. Your sims clothes will not disappear.

did that many times. Updating mods at the moment ( they were updated, but I'm trying everything) to see if it helps. Loading the game again to see if all updates made any difference.

How do you know the clothes in the hamper were clean? If your sim "spun" into a different outfit, the other clothes should go to the hamper. Even if those clothes were on your sim for a couple of seconds. Maybe you didn't like the outfit they changed into, so you had them change again. To us, those clothes are still clean, but to the game programing, they are dirty because your sim wore them, if only for a few seconds.

I don't think you understand what's happening in my game. There is one hamper in the home. My Sim emptied the hamper and put the clothes in the washer. Then she moved them into the dryer. After they were done, I clicked on the interaction to put them away. The clothes ended up back in the hamper. During the time laundry was done, there were no outfit changes. It's bugged.

I don't think you understand what's happening in my game. There is one hamper in the home. My Sim emptied the hamper and put the clothes in the washer. Then she moved them into the dryer. After they were done, I clicked on the interaction to put them away. The clothes ended up back in the hamper. During the time laundry was done, there were no outfit changes. It's bugged.

Try posting in the BUG section. Someone might be able to help you there.
  • Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    Can it be the reason why my washing option is grayed out ? My sim just went to the shower and I saw dirty cloths falling into the hamper, but it's impossible to load the washer. My sim had and option to check pockets but that's it. I've purchased new machines, new hamper, repaired my game, but nothing helps. It worked ok for the first 3 loads.

I had this problem too!

Do you have a shelf on the wall over the washer? Remove it or move the shelf higher.

To the people with the hamper problem, do you have a dresser on the lot? I'm not having this problem, so I'm curious as to why clean laundry would go back in the hamper.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    my clothes go back in the dresser
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I have two dressers in my house. and two hampers. one in each bathroom. and the dressers one in parents room and one on the landing. I had so many clean clothes they were on the floor in the toddlers bedroom. no action to wash these or the clothes in the hampers. it said these clothes are clean. it is either bad programming or a very bad bug.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2018
    Do they fold the clothes into a stack and then send them back to the hamper? In the livestream they had the neatly folded stacks on the counter that were put away in the dresser, maybe the game does not recognize piles from the dryer as clothes for the drawers. Is there free counter space nearby and is there even an option to fold clothes?
    The reason I care is that I was considering to get this pack for a challenge/story I am planning, but if it is so bugged, I will wait for the next patch.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    Are your dressers blocked somehow? Try adding a dresser in the laundry room to see if it goes into the dresser then.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think you need a counter in the vicinity. When my Sim took clothes out of the dryer and there was no counter, she got a pile to put in her inventory. With a counter, she got a folded stack, which she could put away.

I've also found that putting washing machines and dryers and hampers on the gym lot doesn't enable doing laundry there. But if you can get a load of laundry into personal inventory, then they'll work.
    edited January 2018
    My sim took the washing off the line, which were folded, first time I selected put away. they ended in the hamper. second time he put the folded clothes from the line on the floor. I had her put them away. this time on toddlers bedroom floor. the dressers are not blocked. both times they just disappeared in a puff. same with the dryer.

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'd better hold off on buying the pack for now until that bug is figured out. The furniture are nice and I love the boots, but supporting the pack at this point sends the wrong message. I buy the SPs for the stuff, but the new gameplay items should also be functional.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Feet46 wrote: »

I had this problem too!

Do you have a shelf on the wall over the washer? Remove it or move the shelf higher.

To the people with the hamper problem, do you have a dresser on the lot? I'm not having this problem, so I'm curious as to why clean laundry would go back in the hamper.
    Oh, maybe that's why my sims can't wash clothes. I'll move the shelf a little higher to see if my sims can wash clothes....

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My sim took the washing off the line, which were folded, first time I selected put away. they ended in the hamper. second time he put the folded clothes from the line on the floor. I had her put them away. this time on toddlers bedroom floor. the dressers are not blocked. both times they just disappeared in a puff. same with the dryer.

Disappearing in a puff is what they're supposed to do.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Happens to me too. Real annoying cause I have a hamper full of clothes but I can't wash them because they're clean :sweat_smile:
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru

Hey all, I'd love a bit more information on what you're experiencing, as it's something we've never observed occurring here in the studio. Knowing how the feature functions, I'm not sure how what you're describing is possible, unless there's some step that occurred in your game that was missed. If you're using any mods at all, it'd be good to know if you're still having difficulty with all mods removed.

The only way clothing should get into your hamper is...
    • When a Sim that isn't a Slob or Lazy changes outfits, one pile of clothing should immediately be placed in the hamper. The cleanliness of clothing generated when changing an outfit should always be Used (or worse), which means it should always be able to be washed.
    • When a Sim picks up a pile of clothing from the floor and carries it to the hamper, and places it inside the hamper. Piles of clothes can be any level of cleanliness... all the way from Filthy to Pristine.
    • The player can manually drag a pile of clothing from anywhere in the world into a hamper. As mentioned above, that pile of clothing can be any level of cleanliness.

The only way I can think that clean clothing would end up in your hamper is if you washed your clothing, and then selected "Unload & Set Laundry Down", instead of taking it to the dryer. With a clean clothing pile on the ground, a Sim could choose to autonomously clean it up by moving it to the hamper. Sims should never autonomously select "Unload & Set Laundry Down" on their own, so getting into this situation - theoretically - can only happen via input by a player.

If you select "Unload & Put Away", then the Sim should toss the folded laundry up in the air where it "poofs" out of existence - having been fictionally added to your dresser. There's no need to actually have a dresser on your lot for this to function properly. Clothing will never go back into the hamper when this is selected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited January 2018
    I have no mods, brand new computer so brand new game. My sims put washing from the machine onto the line, which I tell them to do, when its dry I tell them to put away. My hamper is full of clean washing. clean washing doesn't go in the hamper, only dirty should. any clothes a sim takes off should be classed as dirty. so any clothes in the hamper should be dirty. I don't understand why clothes in a mess should be on the floor and classed as clean. not folded. just a mess.

When a Sim picks up a pile of clothing from the floor and carries it to the hamper, and places it inside the hamper. Piles of clothes can be any level of cleanliness... all the way from Filthy to Pristine.

why not, if a sim picks up clothes from the floor and its clean, why not another poof and its gone. automatically folded and poof, in the dresser. But clean clothes shouldn't be on the floor.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    For my sims to use the washing machine, I had to move the shelf way way way up high on the wall which doesn't look right.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie