Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I FOUND SOMETHING VERY DISTURBING IN THE GAME AND IT HAS ANGERS ME

I had a male child sim who was upset about a new sibling so he "lashed out" at his dad. No big deal. The dad grounded him for every time he was mean. No big deal either.
What I found disturbing is, when they were both very angry the option to "shove" came up for not only the child, but for the adult sim.

Please, please, please change this so the parents cannot shove their child. This is very disturbing and quite frankly, very disgusting that it's even an option in this game.
All I ask for is the interaction to be removed between the adult and child sims. No parent should hit a child and it should not be in the game either as a promotion to such behavior. I mean what would it promote if it was available for a dad sim and a little girl sim? Is it also available for male to female adult sims? Because if it is, that one should be changed as well. Anger in the game is one thing, but abuse is another.
This is not a "bug" it's an issue that needs to be acknowledged and addressed as soon as possible.

Thank you
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited January 2018
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I had a male child sim who was upset about a new sibling so he "lashed out" at his dad. No big deal. The dad grounded him for every time he was mean. No big deal either.
    What I found disturbing is, when they were both very angry the option to "shove" came up for not only the child, but for the adult sim.

Please, please, please change this so the parents cannot shove their child. This is very disturbing and quite frankly, very disgusting that it's even an option in this game.
    All I ask for is the interaction to be removed between the adult and child sims. No parent should hit a child and it should not be in the game either as a promotion to such behavior. I mean what would it promote if it was available for a dad sim and a little girl sim? Is it also available for male to female adult sims? Because if it is, that one should be changed as well. Anger in the game is one thing, but abuse is another.
    This is not a "bug" it's an issue that needs to be acknowledged and addressed as soon as possible.

Thank you

Soooo it is ok if it is there for female to male sims?

Edit to fix
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I don't see why a parent Sim should need to shove a child Sim.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    No. It's not. I was angry when I wrote this I didn't think that way too.

I don't care if it's an option or not. I care that it shouldn't be in the game and I find it very disturbing that people can condone something like this being in the game. Abuse should not be promoted in a game like this.
    In my opinion, it raises the rating. I just feel that it needs to be changed. Why can't people see that?
    I haven't used mods in over a month and I don't plan on using them for this game anytime soon.

If the flirty choice was willingly removed when it appeared for the child sims why can't this be removed for adult to child or male to female or female to male?

• Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    @Sigzy05 what the heck!! When was the slapping interaction taken away and why?!?!?!??! That’s crazy!
    2ahzmo1.gif
    I didn't know that adult Sims could shove child Sims. I would probably bleat about it on the forums if I had seen it. I've never seen this happen in the game.

I have always viewed teen Sims as 17+, yet a ton of Simmers don't agree and think they represent a younger teen age-group.

Each to their own - everyone has their own opinion.

I don't see an adult Sim shoving a child to be useful for gameplay.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    What is with all of the hate? I don't understand it. I know they can fight each other, but adult to child fighting is WRONG! And I will not stop complaining so back off HATERS!

I did not give you hate, just suggested to not click it. I personally do not use the mean or mischief interactions, but I know many players do. I also spank my IRL kids, so I suppose you would hate my irl old school parenting.
    Yeh, but does the game do this autonomously or does it have to be user selected?
    The Parenthood game pack makes it more interesting in terms of resolving disputes - talking things over - helping Sims to change their ways, etc. Emotional Control - all of that sort of stuff.

Actually, that makes me wonder if a grandparent Sim - ie the parent of a parent - can deal with their son or daughter who has their own son or daughter that they are in dispute with. ie the grandparent is the 3rd party that can then scold the parent Sim who is nasty to the child.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    > @simgirl542 said:
    > All I ask for is the interaction to be removed between the adult and child sims. No parent should hit a child and it should not be in the game either as a promotion to such behavior. I mean what would it promote if it was available for a dad sim and a little girl sim? Is it also available for male to female adult sims? Because if it is, that one should be changed as well. Anger in the game is one thing, but abuse is another.

I've not had many fights in my game, so I'm not sure about the male-to-female fights, but considering that the game doesn't treat gender as binary, how would getting rid of male-to-female hitting even work? You can only hit somebody if your "can pee standing up" characteristic is the same? If both sims can get pregnant or can impregnate somebody else?

But even besides the technical issue, eliminating unpleasant interactions pretty much destroys storytelling. I guess they could have a separate "storytelling mode" and a "farting rainbows mode."
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I don't know if the shove action is actually shoving? Idk one time I had my sims parents get in a fight and they did the shove interaction, there didn't seem to be any shoving involved, just kinda.. An angry conversation? Anyone else?
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited January 2018
    I want to apologize to everyone who I may have upset by this post and my responses. This being disturbing is my opinion and those of you who disagree with me are free to do so. I was and still am upset by this, but I should not have lashed out the way I did.
    [Removed the discussion of moderation. Please review forum rules]

All I was asking for in the first place was for this interaction between adult and child sims to be changed. It was not meant to start anything negative or debating or anything else.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    edited January 2018
    Imagine if a dog could protect the child from any abuse?

EA pulled that stunt with TS3 Pets - they made a trailer of a kid being bullied in an alley by teens and a TS3 dog rushing to the rescue.

Then we found out that that particular feature wasn't an actual gameplay feature.

That still cuts like a knife. A billion Simmers thought "Great! You can have a dog that sticks up for your Sim!".

Bang! Nope, it was just an advertising pitch for TS3 Pets.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don't know if the shove action is actually shoving? Idk one time I had my sims parents get in a fight and they did the shove interaction, there didn't seem to be any shoving involved, just kinda.. An angry conversation? Anyone else?

Yes I found this, it's very tame. It's like toddlers hit and when my toddlers hit they don't make contact with the target.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    While I also vented about this option quite some time ago, I was shocked when that option first popped up in the menu. My teen Sim was having an argument with her father and unfortunately it escalated. That's when that option popped up. But, I have to agree, we shouldn't be so quick to have these sorts of interactions removed, as that would also 'dumb down' the game. Sims2 was a far superior game than 3 & now 4, for that reason. The ghosts are way too friendly, now, without an ounce of scary to be had. No consequences of any dire sort should your Sim be frightened by one. They could be 'scared to death' in Sims2.

Me? Like another player wrote on this thread, I opt to not use the 'mean' interactions very much. Once in awhile, I'll have an older brother be 'mean' but that's just my personal experience. I only had one brother, he was older and he could be terribly mean, at times. I also was one of those who voted for a more violent SP. We don't have burglers anymore. It's hard for random deaths to occur. The game is teetering on the edge of 'milk toast'. This is not to slam you in anyway, and I don't hate anyone. So, please let's all drop that term 'hater'. Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view, it doesn't mean they do so out of hate, for pity's sake. We're a diverse group of people, with diverse opinions and quite likely diverse ways of playing this game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I wanted more mean interactions between toddlers and other Simmers thought that was too much.

Like a toddler playing in the toilet could have another toddler walk up behind them and give them a shove - like into the toilet. Some people think that is too far beyond a point.

I wanted toddlers squabbling over things like a drink bottle, or a toy, etc.

That to me is more realistic than an adult shoving a child.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I wanted more mean interactions between toddlers and other Simmers thought that was too much.

Like a toddler playing in the toilet could have another toddler walk up behind them and give them a shove - like into the toilet. Some people think that is too far beyond a point.

I wanted toddlers squabbling over things like a drink bottle, or a toy, etc.

That to me is more realistic than an adult shoving a child.

Really? Toddlers could squabble over a bottle in the sims 2. It was pretty cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top