Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The form rules about key sites and suppliers of products and services need clarifying or expect fury

Advertise. For anything: pay-to-play gaming sites, products or items for sale, referral links or advert links/images in forum signatures, avatar posts, blogs, profiles, you name it! But feel free to link to free gaming fan sites and free-to-enter league sites.
This does not clearly state that we are not allowed to mention key sites, Amazon, Walmart - EVEN ORIGIN.

The first I have seen of this is since EA put prices up and then dished out a warning about mentioning a Key Site.

Does anyone know what is going on - is Origin as a service a banned word on this forum in terms of having a sale on, etc?

What is going on?

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I would imagine if it's an authorized dealer and you're linking to a Sims sale (so Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, Origin) it would be fine. Anyone else is risky as you don't know how they got the keys.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    I would imagine if it's an authorized dealer and you're linking to a Sims sale (so Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, Origin) it would be fine. Anyone else is risky as you don't know how they got the keys.
    This is the problem:
    products or items for sale
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Mentioning unauthorized retailers is allowed, linking to them is not.

More info on trusted retailers can be found in the following article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2

With that I will be closing this topic.

Thanks,
    EA_Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top