Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Intriguing object description. Witches? Druids? D&D?

alisandre wrote: »
What I want to know is what's up with this "Wreath of Living Brambles" in the Build/Buy stuff

description is as follows:
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: WALL
Skill: GARDENING
Effect: Nature's Blight
Focus Effect: Silence of the Snake
Cotton R: +0 G: +0 B:+10 A: +10
Wicker R: +0 G: +0 B:+80 A: +60
Flowers: R: +0 G: +10 B:+30 A: +80
Size: 1x1x1
Occult: DRU
Race: SIM

Nature's Blight
Effect: Diffuses mystic protection, allowing spells to do more damage.

Silence of the Snake
Effect: Causes Sims to be less hateful of any heal or damage spell that is cast.

Environment: 1

What do you guys think this is hinting at?
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    My first thought was a hint for a magic pack too. Glad i wasnt the only one
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    I noticed that, too! And there are a few other descriptions that hint at magic besides the Wreath of Living Brambles. Granted, the detergent bottle is a nod to the magic gnome that came with laundry in TS3 but the other descriptions don't refer to anything in particular as far as I can tell. I do believe they're hinting at a magic pack.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
    Also the country theme goes smashingly with the Country hints in the Cats and Dogs EP. I am only more convinced a country pack is coming. Ill put the country vet in the world it comes with
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Also there’s that wicker rug that mentions the date of August 16th 2032 and then it asks what does it foresee or something like that. Too bad August 16th is a Thursday.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This is exciting! I love when they add hints and nods like that. I don't have the pack yet so if you have any other "suspicious" description, I would love to see them!
    Witches could be a great GP with potions and spells and all that jazz. Maybe they even do more than just Witches but like Druids or something like that.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Witch doctor?
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I love this! Very excited for a possible magic pack!
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    yassss. i hope this new gp is good, i will defs buy it. maybe. it will depend on EAs behavior towards us :p:p
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Definitely sounds like a magic ep hint unless this is some kind of geeky reference that went way over my head.
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    This sounds totally like a loot item description from World of Warcraft. @SimGuruGraham worked on some stuff from
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    I was also thinking that DRU meant Druid.
    What's intriguing is that they used the word "occult" which is the official term of special Sims like Vampires.

Maybe they want to go in a new direction and create a new occult never seen before in The Sims series.

Or maybe the Druid will only be the "male" term for Witch in this series
    a256aFi.gif

it definitely means druid, they were herbalists and the description "Nature's Blight" fits it very well.
    im just happy they've acknowledged the Celtic religion! i wonder if theres going to be a Baphomet in this new pack :D
    edited January 2018

it definitely means druid, they were herbalists and the description "Nature's Blight" fits it very well.
    im just happy they've acknowledged the Celtic religion! i wonder if theres going to be a Baphomet in this new pack :D

Deities are too... religiously specific for the sims i think. I like the Baph myself but he freaks out a lot of people who might be cheesed that hes the closest the game gets to religious themes lmao as it is whenever i want religion to be a thing in my game i have them "worshipping" llamas or plumbobs
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    edited January 2018

Deities are too... religiously specific for the sims i think. I like the Baph myself but he freaks out a lot of people who might be cheesed that hes the closest the game gets to religious themes lmao as it is whenever i want religion to be a thing in my game i have them "worshipping" llamas or plumbobs

well, we already had religion related items in October, the Diwali is a hindu festival celebrating the goddess Lakshmi <3
    edited January 2018

well, we already had religion related items in October, the Diwali is a hindu festival celebrating the goddess Lakshmi <3

Yeah i know but they dont have Lakshmi showing up either and im quite fond of her too lmao they gave it more of a "festival of lights" feel. And the saris are good all year round.
    Like how the Christmas stuff is basically the neutral secular christmas stuff youd see at a mall with none of the Jesus things.
    The strictly cultural aspects can be included but they will avoid the minefield that is religion like the plague. Not only will you have people mad theirs didnt get included but you'll have people who did have theirs included mad because you somehow disrespected their religion lmao or they could be accused of profiting off of religion.
    The only fair thing is no deities at all.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    These could be "hints" to the jungle adventure GP.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Alright, before you guys get this all hyped, Graham has wrote the item descriptions. He's stated in the live stream he had a lot of fun writing them and check them out.

It is probably just a fun reference to an MMO, because those are all mmo stats. Plus, Graham is a stuffpack developer. Why would he write a hint for a game pack or an expansion pack?

You guys are definitely getting your hopes up here.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

and whats the problem? when we criticise this game yall say we're being too negative, when we are excited for something new you say we're "getting our hopes up" i honestly dont get this forum.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Alright, before you guys get this all hyped, Graham has wrote the item descriptions. He's stated in the live stream he had a lot of fun writing them and check them out.

It is probably just a fun reference to an MMO, because those are all mmo stats. Plus, Graham is a stuffpack developer. Why would he write a hint for a game pack or an expansion pack?

Graham definitely knows more about the Game Pack than any of us knows, even if he doesn't directly work on Game Packs. He at least knows the theme and what it's about.
    He also knows what the next EP is about that is currently being developed. (Seasons would be my best guess)
    a256aFi.gif
    edited January 2018
    :p

Graham definitely knows more about the Game Pack than any of us knows, even if he doesn't directly work on Game Packs. He at least knows the theme and what it's about.
    He also knows what the next EP is about that is currently being developed. (Seasons would be my best guess)

yep yep. the people around here act as if they know more bout the game than the devs themselves :D
    edited January 2018

Yeah mooost of the hints people find in packs arent even there just because it was a fun wink and a nod to tease us lmao its there because they're supposed to make the packs so that theyll work well with upcoming ones. Thats why i find the naysayers amusing. Cats and Dogs alone had things paving the way for at least two future packs but most of them were practical things that were less hints and more pre-laying the infrastructure
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Yeah mooost of the hints people find in packs arent even there just because it was a fun wink and a nod to tease us lmao its there because they're supposed to make the packs so that theyll work well with upcoming ones. Thats why i find the naysayers amusing. Cats and Dogs alone had things paving the way for at least two future packs but most of them were practical things that were less hints and more pre-laying the infrastructure

Are you talking about the puddles being a "hint" to rain coming in C&D or the parking lots "hinting" to cars in C&D? :D
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    This is a speculation section so OFC people will speculate and get their hopes up. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

When Parenthood came we got a hint for the new vet career so I think that these "druid" hints could be a possible hint for a future pack!
    Only time will tell us what happens :smile:
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    This sounds really interesting, if this is truely a hint. I would really like a magic pack. All we can do is hope.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2018
    I can't imagine they won't do a magic/witch pack tbh. It's just a feature too many people want. And I really hope it will be this year still :D I'd be so hyped if we got witches shortly before seasons <3
    Post edited by SimTrippy on