Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What am I doing wrong?? Washing machine!

Comments

• FiRobbo89FiRobbo89 Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you all. I deleted the shelves above and now it works. Hopefully they fix it soon!
  • LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    Nothing works for mine. I even tried placing the washing machines out in the open, no walls near it and no shelves above it. The sim does their same old basic clothes change and noting goes on the floor nor into the hamper. The washer and dryer only show greyed out options for upgrades. Same applies to the washtub and clothesline. :(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    LexLennon wrote: »
    Nothing works for mine. I even tried placing the washing machines out in the open, no walls near it and no shelves above it. The sim does their same old basic clothes change and noting goes on the floor nor into the hamper. The washer and dryer only show greyed out options for upgrades. Same applies to the washtub and clothesline. :(

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue

f you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I know this is a little off topic, but does anyone know how many "New" games (without mods) can one save without slowing the whole gameplay down for the rest? I have tried to look up this answer but can't find out if it causes the game the freeze more often or not.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited January 2018
    Volvenom wrote: »
    So now my sims are dropping their laundry all over the house, because hamper is full and I still have no active options to do laundry. You can see 3 piles in this picture, but actually only two piles are dirty, one pile is clean !
    8d37a6b85e2ade4ec2fb229e33e15198414.PNG

When I click on dirty pile it gives me the option to wash it and that what my sim is doing. He is going with the bag of dirty laundry to the basement to load the machine, but he left clean pile on the floor. When he went downstairs he grabbed two more piles of dirty laundry.
    41a5790e7c7182642af9f3124a5f1f7b165.PNG

And as you can see, hamper is still full but no options to do anything with it.
    92c1292df113c490ceaade040df5feca478.PNG

I sent him back to the pile of clean clothes he left on the floor. When I clicked on it, it gave me an option to take it to the hamper. Why clean clothes are going on the floor or to the hamper ????? So right now I have 2 laundry baskets full of clean clothes and all dirty are dropped all over the house. Clean clothes are going to the hamper as long as I have enough space in it. But since I can't do anything with hampers, they are filling up fast and I need new one once last one is full. I went from one to two already.

Try switching it for the separate one's.

I switched to another house, made new laundry room with side by side units, 2 hampers and there is no shelves above machines ( there wasn't any shelves in the first house either). The same thing is happening. It works fine until both hampers fills up with clean clothes. After they are full, clean and dirty clothes goes on the floor around the house.
    In my opinion this problem is happening, because clean clothes are not going to the dressers, but goes back to the hampers, it's wrong and should be fixed. When 2 hampers are filled with clean clothes and I place third hamper, then dirty clothes goes to the third hamper, but after 2 washes it fills up with clean clothes and I have 3 hampers with clean clothes and piles of dirty and clean on the floor. So the only option is to keep replacing hampers with new ones once they fill up with clean clothes.
  • Sleepy1568Sleepy1568 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @mariahedsell said:
    > I Had the same issue i had shelves above my washer i think you cant have things above it. if u have anything up there move it. i was allowed to put a picture up there but if i put any type of shelf it wouldnt work even if there were no objects in the way of the shelf itself the washer still wouldnt work.

Same here, I had one of the shelves from the Laundry pack in the same room and it said I had no washing machine available. As soon as I removed the shelf, the washing machine worked. Buggy game so far!
  • loraines156loraines156 Posts: 5 New Member
    My washer and dryer both work fine, but when the clothes are don the sim takes them out of the dryer and throws them on the floor. Then the only option is to wash them again. I washed and dried the same load of clothes 3 times. What are you supposed to do with the clean clothes??
  • QueenEcheveriaQueenEcheveria Posts: 61 Member
    There should be an option on the pile of clothes themselves that allow you to put them away or if the clothes are in the dryer there should be an option along the lines of 'remove and put away' (Can't remember what the exact wording would be)
    pouladb96c2.png
  • Kittie885Kittie885 Posts: 94 Member
    I bought the Laundry Day pack when it came out and played a few households since then with no problems. Every time I finished a load of wash there was an option to unload and put away, it went into the dressers. Today, for some reason, I didn't get that option and am getting the same problem a few here are having where there is no option when unloading a clean load from the dryer except to put on the floor, inventory or back in the hamper... WHY :open_mouth:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I finally had one of my playable Sims get into the laundry room and clean the lint out of the dryer before the Butler could get in there. LOL She's always doing laundry, so it was hard. Also, when I had the Dad remove the clothes from the dryer, I chose the wrong option. He put them on the floor. In checking them they were damp. So, I had one of the teens move them into the dryer. They were put, all folded, on top of the machine afterwards. I suspect the Butler, again. After all, isn't the Butler always the one to blame?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I can't figure out how to tell if the laundry is dry or not. Any help would be appreciated.
  • GrayCatAmbush00GrayCatAmbush00 Posts: 1 New Member
    It didn't work for me as well. But, when i realized i had too many hampers, i deleted several and have one hamper in the house.
    Boom! It worked.
  • Prix2006Prix2006 Posts: 12 New Member
    I can't use any of the items in the Laundry pack...Every time I try to place something it says something about not having a footprint. It's like it didn't install all the way or something.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Prix2006 wrote: »
    I can't use any of the items in the Laundry pack...Every time I try to place something it says something about not having a footprint. It's like it didn't install all the way or something.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

• krystalgamer1krystalgamer1 Posts: 9 New Member
    I think it's possible a few people here may be missing a couple of steps. After you put your clothes in the washer, you have to then tell it to "wash laundry." After you put them in the dryer, you then have to tell it to "dry laundry." If you don't tell it to wash the laundry, you never get the option to put it in the dryer. It just remains frustratingly grayed out. Same if you don't tell the dryer to dry. You'll never have folded laundry.

Also, I couldn't get my machines to work initially. I moved things around until they did. But, one of the things I still have are shelves above the dryer and it's working just fine now. I also have two hampers in the house in different rooms, and it's still all working. I have no mods or custom content in my game though.

What I did was move the laundry baskets I had sitting on the machine, moved both machines off the wall, and I raised the shelves just a hair. I'm not sure which of those things did the trick yet. But, one of them seemed to. I write again if I figure out more.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    What I did was move the laundry baskets I had sitting on the machine, moved both machines off the wall, and I raised the shelves just a hair. I'm not sure which of those things did the trick yet. But, one of them seemed to. I write again if I figure out more.

It's the "move the machines off the wall" that did it, I've been using it just fine since the stuff pack came out.
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Hey all, just wanted to share a quick update. We identified and fixed the issue with the washer/dryer running into routing difficulties that was most commonly triggered by placing a shelf above them. This fix will come in a future update, after the release of the Game Pack that's coming this quarter.

In the meantime, I'd recommend not placing things above your washer/dryer. Alternatively, as another player mentioned, you can pull them out from the wall a bit as well.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hey all, just wanted to share a quick update. We identified and fixed the issue with the washer/dryer running into routing difficulties that was most commonly triggered by placing a shelf above them. This fix will come in a future update, after the release of the Game Pack that's coming this quarter.

In the meantime, I'd recommend not placing things above your washer/dryer. Alternatively, as another player mentioned, you can pull them out from the wall a bit as well.

Hi Graham. I see your head is floating space. Is this a hint for a Space EP? >:) Too soon?
  • lboosmommylboosmommy Posts: 42 Member

Awesome sauce. While this is being worked on, could you please consider having them queue up grabbing more than one load of laundry at a time? i.e., I have two hampers, clicking on Do Laundry will grab laundry from any hampers with clothes in them up to, say, 2 -3 hampers worth? Each hamper only had one change of clothes in them at the time so that would definitely fit in a washer. I could see if there were 3 FULL hampers that would be less realistic, but... *shrug*
  • CadyCady Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Pamtastic72;c-16268275"]It seems if you put your laundry room in a basement it says there is no available washer on the lot? Anyone else experiencing this?[/quote]

Yes this is happening to me!!! I thought it was the shelf so i rearranged everything twice but now i think its because its in the basement :(
    My Sims are still catching fire after now washing a second load. Even after cleaning the lint tray beforehand, they still catch fire and you can't move them out of the way. A sprinkler usually comes on to extinquish the Sim and then, you have to replace the dryer and soot covered Sim goes take a shower. Also, when the maid comes over, she always goes straight to the laundry room and you can't control her actions as she starts to catch on fire after just 1 load! She leaves and doesn't finish her maid service after all that. I hope the game creators can 1) Stop the machines from catching fire no matter what and 2) They can stop the Sims from accumulating so much laundry after every time they change clothes, work out, etc. This is especially problematic when you have an apartment building of 4 or more Sims. The laundry is out of control. Until there is a fix for this, I guess I will have to start removing the machines. Maybe the next patch will fix these issues.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited February 2018
    I never had fire from washing machines and I placed washers in every household ( 10 households). I wish sometimes my game would give more surprises, not just surprise teen pregnancies. I event make teens repair dishwasher, still nada ...
    > @Feisbukaite said:
    > I never had fire from washing machines and I placed washers in every household ( 10 households). I wish sometimes my game would give more surprises, not just surprise teen pregnancies. I event make teens repair dishwasher, still nada ...

The fire is starting from the dryers not the wash machines. Surprise teen pregnancies?!!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I like the dryer fires. There isn't enough danger in the game. But as for your extinguishing trouble, I found that when I have trouble getting a SIM to extinguish themselves, an object, or another sim canceling "fire!' in their queue does the trick and I can then queue up the extinguish option and they do it right away.
  • SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    I'm having the same issue. I have no shelves above the washer, no mods, and I have repaired the game. It still isnt working. I want my money back.