Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guide for all items you can store things in?

SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
Is there a guide for all the items from all packs that you can put items in and what you can put in them that you can share with me?

Thanks!!
I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Sineea wrote: »
    Is there a guide for all the items from all packs that you can put items in and what you can put in them that you can share with me?

Thanks!!

Are you referring to the storage chests that were patched in after one of the Halloween challenges? There are only two storage chests that allow you to store all inventory items in; you can find them under Storage --> Misc in Build Mode.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    There's the two storage chests mentioned above which can store collectible type items. Bookcases which only store books. The toy chests which only store toys. And fridges which only store food items. I believe the storage chests and the bookcases are linked together if you have more than one on a lot not sure about the toy chests or fridges since I've never had more then one on a lot.
    ~ ~ ~
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 2018
    No, I'm talking about ALL things you can put things in. I see there are tables that you can put drinks and food in and then stack the table all at once with items in it, like they do in the festivals. There are other tables and containers that seem to be able to hold items but I'm not sure what exactly can put in them; I think some are for like, science and stuff. Also some can keep posters, some minerals I think, etc. But I would like a list of all the items you can put anything in and what exactly you can put in them.

Like: The Pack Cube: $90
    Description: The Pack Cube sports a neo-modernist design that stores extra camping supplies without sacrificing strength and eating surface.

What are all the items in the game that can hold inventory like The Pack Cube and what kind of inventory can they keep?
    Post edited by Sineea on
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    The toy chests share inventory. Not sure about the refrigerators.

I don't care if they share inventory. I just care if they HAVE inventory, and what kind they can have.

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member

I don't care if they share inventory. I just care if they HAVE inventory, and what kind they can have.

I mentioned what they could hold in my post. The chests can hold all the collectible items, the toy chests can hold toys, the bookshelves books and the fridge can hold food items. I'm not going to list every item individually because that would be an absurdly long list to do so with.
    ~ ~ ~
  • TaktischeMPTaktischeMP Posts: 34 Member
    [quote="Sineea;c-16267561"][quote="Simpatsyann;c-16267503"]The toy chests share inventory. Not sure about the refrigerators.[/quote]

[/quote]

Kind of a lot to ask of people to list this all out for you and then you are rude when someone tries to help?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Kind of a lot to ask of people to list this all out for you and then you are rude when someone tries to help?

That wasn't rude, that was clarification. It's an interesting question. What items have inventory, regardless of whether they share their inventory with similar items?

Fridges hold prepared food, but can they hold harvestables, and if so what types? Fruit? Veg? Herbs? Fish?
    Book cases hold books, but can they hold anything else?
    Toy boxes hold toys. Anything else?

If I remember to do so, I might play around next time I'm playing, and find out what can be stored where.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

This kind of hostile attribution makes people bring out the ten foot pole. There was nothing rude about what I wrote, but it was rude of you to interpret it that way. Who knows what other neutral information you might process negatively because of something about you, not the other person. Anyway, I also didn't ask people to list this all out for me, again something you interpret as way more cumbersome than was intended (complicate things much?). I asked if people could share a guide with me, as in, preferably a link already put together. If anyone wants to list them out for me, they can, but they don't have to. It most likely won't be you, and that's just fine with me. Just please stop interpreting anything else I write and go judge elsewhere.
    Movotti wrote: »

That wasn't rude, that was clarification. It's an interesting question. What items have inventory, regardless of whether they share their inventory with similar items?

Fridges hold prepared food, but can they hold harvestables, and if so what types? Fruit? Veg? Herbs? Fish?
    Book cases hold books, but can they hold anything else?
    Toy boxes hold toys. Anything else?

If I remember to do so, I might play around next time I'm playing, and find out what can be stored where.

Thanks! Those are the ones I pretty much know too. But there are some that I wasn't aware of and I think there are more that I still don't know because it doesn't say clearly in the description of the item. It may say you can store things but it doesn't say what and I don't think there is a way to sort by it. Anyway, I did a search and I couldn't find all the storage items and what they could hold so I figured I would ask.

For example, there is this Ever So Versatile Chill Box. The info in the description hints that it might store items, lab specimens.

7614f5d25e492fca883ab1b98dd29bb7.png

None of the sims in my current household are scientists, and for reasons, I can't leave my lot to go to another household. I would like to search what exactly it can hold, if anything else, but I can't find it on google or on Sims Wiki.

20d8c8136885fe7758e237e27fb613e7.png

3418fae67891dfe41eee0249d3509ca1.png

I thought there would certainly be some site with lists of all items in the game and what they do, with descriptions more revealing than in-game ones. But it seems like even searching for the exact name of some items still reveals no hits. Maybe someone else here knows where such database exists that I'm just not finding.

Thanks!!

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Sineea I can understand how the descriptions of some objects (ex. pack cube, chill box) seem to imply they will store things inside them, but it's misleading, I'm quite sure they don't. I personally think they are just a fun description for Simmers to use their imaginations for what could be inside for deocorating purposes only.

I've found through gameplay the only objects that store anything are refrigerators, bookshelves, toy chests, storage trunks, aquariums, fish bowls, plus a few Get To Work retail display objects that hold items for sale, such as baked goods and platters of food.

I don't have City Living, but I've also heard of one other object called the flea market table that holds objects for that particular event. But it's not really for general storage would be my guess.

If someone finds any other storage objects in the game, I'll happily be proven wrong and very interested to know what it is and what it holds. I personally don't believe there is any such objects though. Hope this helps. Happy Simming! :)

EDIT: The Get to Work mannequins will store up to five outfits, I think, could be more? Perhaps five per clothing category? I've only used them once, so I'm not positive on the number of outfits.
    Oh, well it sucks that they hint you can keep things in them but you really can't. There is the Come and Get It Street Store table though, which seems super awesome. You can use it in a residential lot and put whatever you want in them, or so far it seems like you can put most anything in them. And you can put them in your inventory with the stuff still in them, and therefore, you can travel through households with it in your inventory. So you can put a bunch of plants for example in one and give it to a sim who is moving out, and many other things, without having them to be exactly in their inventory, making their inventory really large. And this table takes more than one type of thing, so you're not limited to just one type of item.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    When I have a hoarder, especially a scientist/gardener/cloner. I like to have some separate inventories. I wish there were more.
    I make use of the lice cold retail freezer, I don't make stores but you can keep a separate inventory of items like reward potions, scientist potions and herbalist concoctions in them and they are kept separate from your fridge. You can put some vegetation but not all so I don't use it for that. Then I'll use the other storage chests for vegetation I don't want my sims to cook with, upgrade parts ect. I'll make use of household inventory for things my sims might not need for awhile but doesn't want to give up... rewards, plant ect.. Then there's the fridge too of course.
    Thank you for mentioning the table @Sineea! I hadn't tried to use it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

This kind of hostile attribution makes people bring out the ten foot pole. There was nothing rude about what I wrote, but it was rude of you to interpret it that way. Who knows what other neutral information you might process negatively because of something about you, not the other person. Anyway, I also didn't ask people to list this all out for me, again something you interpret as way more cumbersome than was intended (complicate things much?). I asked if people could share a guide with me, as in, preferably a link already put together. If anyone wants to list them out for me, they can, but they don't have to. It most likely won't be you, and that's just fine with me. Just please stop interpreting anything else I write and go judge elsewhere.

I didn't take it as rude. I was responding more to the note above mine and so I was not really offering much of a useful answer to the original question anyway. *shrug*
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Oh, well it plum that they hint you can keep things in them but you really can't. There is the Come and Get It Street Store table though, which seems super awesome. You can use it in a residential lot and put whatever you want in them, or so far it seems like you can put most anything in them. And you can put them in your inventory with the stuff still in them, and therefore, you can travel through households with it in your inventory. So you can put a bunch of plants for example in one and give it to a sim who is moving out, and many other things, without having them to be exactly in their inventory, making their inventory really large. And this table takes more than one type of thing, so you're not limited to just one type of item.

Yeah, it's too bad that the camping thing and the science thing don't have inventories that one can put things in. They would be excellent to store camping stuff and science-related equipment separately. But I did learn something from your post, haha, when you were the one asking a question. First of all, tho, the Street Store Table is still glitched, I think, in the fact that you can't start a Street Sale from it. I didn't see that it was fixed in the latest Patch Notes, but sometimes they forget everything they addressed.

But the way you described using the table, as a just storage item, sounds rather handy. I'm always looking for ways I can transfer things, from one household to another. It's usually passing things on the the kids, yeah, when they move out, as heirlooms, or just some furniture to get a start. I also like to have a separate place for my gardener Sims that do potions to store the ingredients for those somewhere that doesn't clutter up other inventories, too. I'll have to try the Table for this, and thanks for the ideas!
  • BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    There's also the elements holder, works as a display too.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Refrigerators also share inventory.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Oh, well it plum that they hint you can keep things in them but you really can't. There is the Come and Get It Street Store table though, which seems super awesome. You can use it in a residential lot and put whatever you want in them, or so far it seems like you can put most anything in them. And you can put them in your inventory with the stuff still in them, and therefore, you can travel through households with it in your inventory. So you can put a bunch of plants for example in one and give it to a sim who is moving out, and many other things, without having them to be exactly in their inventory, making their inventory really large. And this table takes more than one type of thing, so you're not limited to just one type of item.

Yeah, it's too bad that the camping thing and the science thing don't have inventories that one can put things in. They would be excellent to store camping stuff and science-related equipment separately. But I did learn something from your post, haha, when you were the one asking a question. First of all, tho, the Street Store Table is still glitched, I think, in the fact that you can't start a Street Sale from it. I didn't see that it was fixed in the latest Patch Notes, but sometimes they forget everything they addressed.

But the way you described using the table, as a just storage item, sounds rather handy. I'm always looking for ways I can transfer things, from one household to another. It's usually passing things on the the kids, yeah, when they move out, as heirlooms, or just some furniture to get a start. I also like to have a separate place for my gardener Sims that do potions to store the ingredients for those somewhere that doesn't clutter up other inventories, too. I'll have to try the Table for this, and thanks for the ideas!

If you have GTW there are some great shelving units that work well for storage -- I use the industrial looking shelves for frogs and insects, usually in a basement room where I can lock the door so my Sims don't keep going downstairs to view them. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Yeah, I use it to store separate types of items in, like food that doesn't spoil in one, potions in another, etc. In fact, one of the very useful things I've found is that it makes it easier to drink potions you need to get skill up and needs fixed - snuggle fluster potion and need fixer potion. Instead of having these in my inventory, or on a shelf, I replicate them constantly on the cloning machine and then put them in this table. You can stock table twice in a row and if I have two stacks of potions in there, it will put a mix of one type of potion on the table then a mix of the second type of potion. That way, my sims always have a mix of need fixer and snuggle fluster potions on top of it. Too bad I can't put a third type of item in and have it generate among the other two on top or I would put the moodlet solver one also. But I use that to a lesser extent as the other two (mainly early on in a sim's skill building when the snuggle fluster makes them pee their pants a lot before I take the steel bladder reward), so I put the moddlet solver and food that doesn't spoil in another table and have a mix of those on top. The food I use less often too but I don't like to use a whole need fixer potion each time they get a bit hungry so this way they can eat some food and be good.

This table is amazing really so I was wondering what other storage items there were that maybe I was missing out on. But yeah, you can have it generate a mix of two types and that's nice, plus when you clear table it puts everything stacked in your inventory. This is nice because before I used to put a lot of things on shelves I wanted to have for easy use but the only way to get it all in inventory after was to put in household inventory, and from there I couldn't put the whole stack in a sim's or fridge's inventory. I would have to put things back one by one on a shelf or on the ground and pick them up - a real pain.

The only thing I wish is that the sims could drink or eat right off the table but somehow they can't. I just make sure to put it by a bar or another small table that I just drag whatever I want them to eat/drink to and then tell the to consume it.

It's cool that you can sell right off this table and mark up prices although I haven't really tried it with any success yet.
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, you could at one time sell off the Table, but a Patch broke it awhile back. There is a Tarp as well, from City Living, that also has an inventory. I forget what it's called, because I have have a mod from LittleMsSam that changed the title to German in my game. But the mod allows you to sell the larger woodworking crafted items that you have made, as well as all the smaller items you can sell on the Table. The Mod fixed both the Table and the Tarp, or so it says. I haven't tried a sale yet, but the Tarp does accept the items, now, and can be placed into the Sim's inventory, which it wouldn't before. I don't know if you use mods, but I can link it if you wish.

Another really innovative mod is scumbumbo's Packing Crates. It allows you to click on just about any household item and select Pack In Crate. This will place it in the Crate, which scumbumbo cloned from the end table crate, and then you can place the crate in your inventory. It was broken by a patch for quite some time, but scumbumbo has returned and updated it in after the Cats and Dogs Patch. I don't have it back in my game yet, but no comments on the mod say it has broken again. It is just for packing and not selling. This is a way to move the items, such as furniture, that can't be placed in a Sim's inventory by themselves, to another household. It's the only way to do this that I am aware. Here's the link to it for mod users.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=557383

OP, I just saw in another thread that you don't use mods, but I will leave the link for anyone who'd like to.
    edited January 2018
    I don't use any mods just for that reason. They can break the game, they break, they need to be re-installed, they can be a royal pain. I run a Minecraft server and that game updates a lot, breaking all kinds of plugins and requiring me to find updates, etc. I am sick of that sort of thing from that game and don't want it in this one.

But I would like to know about that tarp that has an inventory, if the inventory comes without the mod. And what exactly can you store in it? From what you wrote it seems like the inventory might exist without the mod and then the mod allows you to sell woodworking crafted items off it. I don't really care about selling items as I have max money from gardening.
    Yeah, that is a thing with mods, don't blame you a bit.

The Tarp can be found under the rugs, and it is easy to spot if you filter for the City Living Pack. I can't remember for sure if the inventory showed before I installed the mod, but it should be easy to check. It would be another item to designate to store a certain category of items if so, yes.
    No inventory :(. There is "It's a Tarp!" in Outdoor Retreat and "It's not a Tarp!" and City Living and neither of them have an inventory. Oh well. Please continue to share any items that you find which do have inventory (not due to mods tho). Thanks!!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yeah, that is a thing with mods, don't blame you a bit.

The Tarp can be found under the rugs, and it is easy to spot if you filter for the City Living Pack. I can't remember for sure if the inventory showed before I installed the mod, but it should be easy to check. It would be another item to designate to store a certain category of items if so, yes.

Are you talking about the one that allows you to put up paintings and diagrams up for sale? That's the only other one in CL that you can place and sell items on.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    [quote="stilljustme2;c-16271539"][quote="Livin in Sim;c-16271484"][quote="Sineea;c-16270680"]Oh, well it plum that they hint you can keep things in them but you really can't. There is the Come and Get It Street Store table though, which seems super awesome. You can use it in a residential lot and put whatever you want in them, or so far it seems like you can put most anything in them. And you can put them in your inventory with the stuff still in them, and therefore, you can travel through households with it in your inventory. So you can put a bunch of plants for example in one and give it to a sim who is moving out, and many other things, without having them to be exactly in their inventory, making their inventory really large. And this table takes more than one type of thing, so you're not limited to just one type of item.[/quote]

But the way you described using the table, as a just storage item, sounds rather handy. I'm always looking for ways I can transfer things, from one household to another. It's usually passing things on the the kids, yeah, when they move out, as heirlooms, or just some furniture to get a start. I also like to have a separate place for my gardener Sims that do potions to store the ingredients for those somewhere that doesn't clutter up other inventories, too. I'll have to try the Table for this, and thanks for the ideas![/quote]

If you have GTW there are some great shelving units that work well for storage -- I use the industrial looking shelves for frogs and insects, usually in a basement room where I can lock the door so my Sims don't keep going downstairs to view them. :/ [/quote]

Oooo, thanks for the tip about the shelving units! Right now I just have all of the insects and frogs all over the floor of my basement. I don’t have GTW yet, but I do plan to buy it. Thanks again!
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top