Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sim from Existing Household W/O Prior Stats?

I made a household of young adults for a challenge. I like the sims I created and want to use them as individuals in a new game/world to keep their genetics. I opened the family up in CAS and deleted all but one sim, saved the sim to my library, lather-rinse-repeat, until I had each saved as individuals. I could place them into the world as I wanted.

Then I discovered the relationships between the sims (friendship/dislike/flirtation) still exist along with their old jobs (if they had one) money and worst of all age. They all are well along on their way to adult instead of starting at the beginning! How do I get rid of all of these things for my new sims? There must be a way.

I searched but all I found were questions about editing relationships. I'm sure someone has asked this before; I just couldn't think of the right search terms. Thanks!

Comments

• j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2018
    You could cheat and buy the potion of youth reward. It'll reset their age to day 1 of their current life stage. So, Day 1, young adult. Also, to delete relationships you could download the mod MC Command center. Once youre done, you can remove the mod if you like to play without mods.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    You could go back into CAS and create a twin of each of them, then use those sims.
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Oh, a twin! That would be the quickest method, I think. Thank you. I fixed them originally using MCCC, but it's still kind of a pain. I didn't realize they were older until much later.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Yes, age is oddly hard to cheat off in this game, hehe. Good luck!
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    The thing with making a twin to me is they always look slightly different. Which i guess is normal for twins irl but i just dont like to use the twin option to clone my sims because they always look a little different :/ i really wish there were an option to completely start anew with saved sims or to let them keep all of their traits/skills/age/jobs etc.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I thought you could just set their life stage back a level and it will also reset their current age lifespan, then set their life stage back?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    edited January 2018
    I thought you could just set their life stage back a level and it will also reset their current age lifespan, then set their life stage back?
    Changing the life stage doesn't reset them back to day 1. Let's say a sim is halfway thru the adult life stage. If you go into cas using cheats and set their life stage to young adult, they will be at the halfway point or so in that newly selected life stage. So I found you have to have them drink the potion of youth to reset the stage.

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    If you are not opposed to mods, MC Command also has an option where you can flag a sim to stop aging, then just take it off at a later date and they will start aging again. I have used it in my game to even up couples who have a big age disparity.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    sunblond wrote: »
    If you are not opposed to mods, MC Command also has an option where you can flag a sim to stop aging, then just take it off at a later date and they will start aging again. I have used it in my game to even up couples who have a big age disparity.

I just recently started using mcc after the pets patch. I did not know it did this. Thanks for mentioning this tip!
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    j3n1yn wrote: »
    sunblond wrote: »

I just recently started using mcc after the pets patch. I did not know it did this. Thanks for mentioning this tip!

To set the flags, you need to play a different household, have a member of that household visit the lot where the sim lives that you wish to flag, this works when you want to use MCC to start a pregnancy as well.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie