Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new Sims (5)

RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
edited January 2018 in Off Topic Chat
No there is no sims 5 yet BUT when or if ever it came out what would you want in the base game?
The base game could be so much more..

Or

If you could make a pack what would it be?

If you would prefer to choose ALL It wont let me edit to add the 'all' so pls just hit the other and write all in comments
Post edited by RetinaStorm on

A new Sims (5) 77 votes

Weather inc in base game
42%
LeGardePourpreHejixalan650111simgirl1010Dree323PlayerJennyggZenzikathe_greenplumbobdoogerieLittlBowBubSimplyBreaAngelEb95waggymiley2013cale2003Sigzy05xxnearlyperfectxLomadiasXGlindePopHippie_SimmerAHolyToilet 33 votes
Ponds inc in base game
1%
Simsister2004 1 vote
Being able to change the terrain how YOU want it instead of being flat
3%
shnailehcherryboyJJsimgame 3 votes
Swimming pools inc base game
5%
DeKayJamofjarsPenguinColadaAshtontoAshton22 4 votes
Washers/dishwasher/trash compactor
1%
neutralside 1 vote
Toddlers
6%
PinkFlyingPastaK4siesgabrielleAtreya33eh_vika 5 votes
Other
37%
CK213despina53KlthfCororonBagoas77JoAnne65PlumbobCrossingannaliese39cheifeagleeyeluxsylvanpandie00BreazonaFreezerBunnyCowplantbooknoviceTheGoodOldGamerTheHavocadocomicsforlifeJordan061102Kenneth4484HEW310 29 votes
Seperate pack -Other
1%
zagboorules 1 vote

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    Other
    Open worlds
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    edited January 2018
    Weather inc in base game
    Basic weather such as rain, fog and cloudy. It's very weird such simple things of life haven't been in the base game yet.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Weather inc in base game
    Honestly, it's unthinkable to make a next generation sims base game that doesn't include pools, terraforming tools and all lifestages, so I think this poll is a little silly, because it's putting those features in question. If TS5 doesn't include all of those I included above than I'm not buying it. I'm not buying another TS4.

As for weather in the base game, it's a given. It's TS5 not anything else. It's not TS4 not TS3 and not TS2 much less a TS1. As a matter of fact TS2 was meant to have rain in the base game. At this point in the series, asking for less as gamers and fans of the series is to put ourselves in a sinking whole and letting EA take full advantage of this franchise's fanbase.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Other
    There is no All of the above option.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2018
    Weather inc in base game
    Where is the option "all"? I was actually thinking of making a post on features that should be in the base game but isn't. Whenever I think about this, weather/seasons is the first thing that comes to my mind.

My hopes for Sims 5 are as follows (note, did not include toddlers, terrain, swimming pool because they were either added in a free patch or were present in previous iteration and therefore I am hoping the team would nor leave out base game things from ts1-4 in ts5)

1. As I said before, weather is one feature that I feel just HAS to be in the base game to make Sims 5 worth buying IMO.

2. Universities- and I am keeping my expectations realistic over here. The minimum they can do is to allow YA and older Sims to attend university and pursue a major like the base game careers. Later EPs can build up on this.

3. Transport sytem- cars need to be there. It would also be better if there is kind of a mass transport system in the game.
  • MonCheriSimsMonCheriSims Posts: 8 New Member
    Weather inc in base game
    Weather makes the game so much more realistic and had the cutest interactions. If I could choose a second, I would choose an open world- I loved the idea of taking the baby for a walk in the stroller and watching my sims drive.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Other
    Toddlers, cars, CASt, terrain tools, pools, customizable worlds. Not going to choose there, it should all be in.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Other
    I chose other, because I think that if a Sims 5 were to be made, then the game engine should be redone (or at least I think the engine is partly to blame for the following). Consequences should become meaningful, so the simulation is actually going to trigger my curiosity. I would like to be able to play and constantly ask myself 'What would happen if...'. Right now, asking this question would result in experimenting, but the consequence is never affecting gameplay. For example, after a fight a Sim would just start a happy conversation with his/her enemy, instead of being angry with this Sim and not wanting to be nice to him/her. In The Sims 4 the players' input is never considered by the game an that has to change if a Sims 5 will be produced.

Besides that I would also like better fleshed out life stages, including toddlers (they are already great in The Sims 4, but weren't available at launch) and more realistic teens that actually feel like teens. Also, better defined elders who deserve their own unique gameplay.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    edited January 2018
    Weather inc in base game
    Weather for me, Maybe they could save full blown seasons and maybe even snow for a Seasons GP or EP (GP would work better imo if basic elements would already be in game, and in a perfect world I would want Seasons to be as the BG, but we know that wont happen.) Just basic weather like sunny, cloudy, rainy, thunderstorms, hail. To be honest I don't know why basic weather like that isn't part of any of the Sims base games.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • LomadiasXLomadiasX Posts: 56 Member
    Weather inc in base game
    I'd love weather in the base game, but it's too much of a money spinner. An easy £30-£40.

Terrain, I'm happy with it flat but some minor changes would be nice too.
    I would LOVE to see more noticable trait effects. Like neat Sims that can dust/vac (maybe too much for a game)

I want a completely off the grid style of living too....so much i want for this game!!!
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    Being able to change the terrain how YOU want it instead of being flat
    I would like weather but I know that will just never happen
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    This should all be in the base game.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Weather inc in base game
    Weather being in the base game, especially if it was done right, would certainly be a major selling point of it.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Weather inc in base game
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    This should all be in the base game.

My point exactly.
    simgame wrote: »
    I would like weather but I know that will just never happen

It'll never happen if players buy it without weather, or if we don't make enough noise.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Other
    As a builder, I'd like the cheat to shrink down objects to be in the base game from the start next time around. It's made some of the larger objects in the game infinitely more useful for someone like me who tends to build smaller, more budget friendly builds. Many rooms I make end up smaller than some of the rug sizes in this game. :D

Maybe I'm just easy to please, but simple quality of life stuff like that is what I want. If the base game only comes with three rugs, but you can resize them up and down, you have 9+ out of those original three. It took way too long for the shrink down cheat to come along.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Swimming pools inc base game
    The way I answered this poll is that I imagine that I can only pick one option and not be able to have the other options in the base game. So I picked swimming pools cuz it's just absolutely ridiculous to not have that in a base game.

I know weather is never going to be in a base game unless Maxis got sooooooo rich till they're nice enough to give weather away for free along with other normal basic base game stuff.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    Other
    The Sims 1,The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4 Legacy Configurable— Settings & Stuffs pack. Because, I'm not going to wait another 5 years for a barely completed game and another 5 years after that.

In my opinion, improving the quality can be done on the go. But if there is no beginning, there is nothing. Well, except if The Sims is an open source. But that's impossible.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll definitely purchase a game that combines those 4 titles, even if it's just a remaster. Or better yet, as an Legacy Expansion Pack.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Most of those things were included with previous base games at launch. No way am I picking only one. That implies I want them to repeat what they did with Sims 4's release.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited January 2018
    Weather inc in base game
    I never understood why the weather was "optional".

It's as if the Time was exclusive to an EP where the basegame would get an eternal 12pm.
    Or an optional Night and a basegame without sunset/night/sunrise just an eternal daytime.

It's an aberration.

Seasons EP could still exist, it could bring all the seasonal activities, worlds/objects based on the climates and any thing related to the seasons.

Survey 1 on March 20th, 2014
    Weather and Disasters:
    Experience the beauty and awesome power of nature like never before while the weather plays an important role in shaping the lives and environments of your Sims. How do you prepare your house facing the severe weather? You’ll face the storm, and will you help your neighbor after the disaster, or tempt fate and you participate in to pillage?

Seasons:
    Face the joys and sorrows of a changing weather! The holiday season, the outdoor clothing, and new activities, eg. skiing, sunbathing and face painting, provide a guarantee that the Sims have plenty of things to do, regardless of the temperature outside.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Other
    dragons
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    Other
    All, I think these functions should all be in the base game.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Other
    All ! Except seasons... I dont mind if seasons came in a EP... Besides those features I would like more life simulation things like, if you want clothes and shoes you need to buy them.. the same with smartphones.. The beds wont do themselves.. you need to clean the house! I want my sims to have tastes and chemistry between them like turn ons and offs from sims 2...
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Other
    Almost all.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MarchTMarchT Posts: 26 Member
    Weather inc in base game
    [quote="Kenneth4484;c-16294747"]All, I think these functions should all be in the base game.[/quote]

Absolutely agree
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Other
    All of that.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds