Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why?

I have a teen whose an A student. I got a pop-up I've yet to see just moments ago. Apparently, my Sim found a notebook from her academic rival sitting on the edge of the sink. She had two choices: Return the Notebook: Throw the notebook away. So, I had my Sim return the notebook. Finally, the school day comes to a close and upon her return from school I get the notice that her responsibility has fallen out of range. Why? She did the right thing.

Or could this have more to do with the fact she didn't manage to do the 'extra credit' the night before? It just strikes me as odd.
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have a teen whose an A student. I got a pop-up I've yet to see just moments ago. Apparently, my Sim found a notebook from her academic rival sitting on the edge of the sink. She had two choices: Return the Notebook: Throw the notebook away. So, I had my Sim return the notebook. Finally, the school day comes to a close and upon her return from school I get the notice that her responsibility has fallen out of range. Why? She did the right thing.

Or could this have more to do with the fact she didn't manage to do the 'extra credit' the night before? It just strikes me as odd.

Sounds like a glitch.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, that sounds like a glitch. though i haven't had that chance card pop up for me since i got parenthood. used to get it all the time with teens, and there are good and bad results for each side. the 'good' for giving the notebook back has your rival become a study partner, the bad has the rival get angry and scream at your sim, causing your sim to get angry too (is the latter what happened for your sim?). for trashing the notebook, the 'bad' is your sim feeling sad and remorseful (i.e. feeling empathy for another) while the 'good' is them getting a playful moodlet and a bit of mischief boost
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member

Ah, yeh but the scenarios are double-sided - ie when something like that comes up you are in a lottery of giving the wrong result - ie what seems like the right result can back-fire on your Sim.

It is the same when it happens with Sims at work - you cannot simply do what is right, because then everyone would cheat by knowing the correction option - EA purposely designed this to make it a sort of 50/50 between which option you get your Sim to do.

You have to read the text after you have selected your option to see how this plays out.