Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Know When Sims Have Been Married For A Year?

I remember in sims 3 we would get notified that sims had been married for another year and they even got time off from work. Is there anything like that in sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nothing like that. I usually just imagine it, based on their lifespan.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think it came with Seasons or so, because a year was considered to be the time it took to finish one seasonal cycle. Maybe if we got a seasons pack, we could have anniversaries again.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I think it came with Seasons or so, because a year was considered to be the time it took to finish one seasonal cycle. Maybe if we got a seasons pack, we could have anniversaries again.

That makes sense
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member

I'd love that. I'd forgotten about that feature, but it makes to come with Seasons since there will be a real sense of time passing (can't wait for Seasons). :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I'd love that. I'd forgotten about that feature, but it makes to come with Seasons since there will be a real sense of time passing (can't wait for Seasons). :)

Tbh, the only reason I didn't forget about it was because in my Isla Paradiso save, it was only summer, which "lasted" 7 days. So a year in that save went by quicker, and my sims easily reached their 3rd anniversary while I was playing.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yeah I was thinking about, "How do you define a Sim year?" but if Seasons came along it'd be easy to track down!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I keep tabs on the number of days I play. I write down birth/marriage/death dates and the day/week the event happens.
    (ex: I started a save on January 12. (week 1, day 1) Two sim-weeks have passed and my sims got engaged on January 16 (week 3, day 1). I started them as teens in the beginning so they could have a high school romance. They'll marry on week 3, day 4.)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything