Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Out of curiosity, would you buy a new computer just to play The Sims?

Comments

• Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Yes
    yes/no.

I got a new computer to play the sims 4. I wouldn't have gotten such an expensive desktop or one with these features if I did not want to play the sims 4. But I also did not have a computer or laptop and was entering school again. So that's how I tried to justify my decision to myself. But sims 4 was the reason I went for a desktop instead of getting a laptop, like I originally wanted.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Yes
    Yep. I will and do buy PCs in order to play the games that I love, including the Sims. Compared to other AAA games, the Sims doesn't ask for nearly as much muscle.

I always buy the best gaming computer that I can afford. If I can't get exactly what I want, I wait until I can. I believe in buying computers that are future-proof -- not just for today, but for tomorrow. That way, I don't have to upgrade as often. For me, gaming is my favored hobby, so it's worth the up front investment in order to have years of enjoyment.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes
    I did for Sims 2 after I found out the specs needed to play it. The computer wasn't used just for TS2, but I made sure it would run it before purchase and it was the only video game I played. So, in a sense, yes, I bought a computer to play TS2. I'll be getting a new computer someday, hopefully soon, to replace the toaster laptop I play TS4 on now too. :)
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes
    I did :smile:
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Yes
    Yes

I did. Now buying other games to try to justify the purchase though! :wink:
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Yes
    The Sims 4 literally killed my last computer. Then another computer I played the Sims 4 on, the GPU went haywire. So I made it my mission to get a computer that plays the game on ultra and won’t die on me xD
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    No
    No matter how beast your PC is you will still encounter lag and long loading times. Sims 1, 2, 3, and 4 all suffer from this. Namely when you start to add a lot of DLC, CC, and play on large lots with more than a few Sims on it at once. Sims 4 is getting really bad with lag.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    Yes
    Already have.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • lavenderxolavenderxo Posts: 57 Member
    Yes
    If, for some reason, Sims wasn't working on my PC and I found an average priced new computer, then yes!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    I already was playing on an older computer. I planned to purchase a new computer anyway, so by March I will.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    No
    Depends what I was spending on the build, but probably not. You certainly won't see all the benefits of building a state-of-the-art gaming PC if you restrict yourself to TS4 since the optimization is so bad. It's only when you play games like Wolfenstein 2: The New Collosus at a stable 120 FPS that you can appreciate a newly built rig.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    No
    No because my computer currently meets the requirements. At the same time I have a motherboard and CPU to do a build with. I am only doing that build just to have a backup computer. It be all built by March.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Yes
    I have, but only when other games need more.

I wouldn’t pay over a grand it The Sims 5 went bat crazy with spec needs.

It would have to be the best Sims game ever by a long shot. And I don’t see that happening.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Yes
    My current computer can't even run the Sims 4 anymore, and I don't even want to think of trying the Sims 3 on it. I can still run the Sims 2 just fine on medium graphics settings, but I'm definitely going to get a new computer so I can play the Sims 4 with good graphics.
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Yes
    Yes, twice already and I need to replace the one I have now (not happening soon though).
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I just did a few weeks ago, actually, because my hubby accidentally broke my old one.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Yes
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I'm shocked to say the least from your responses.
    not judging, just thought it would be 100% NO.

Why did you think that @Yardenro? I think you underestimate how much people love this game!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Yes
    Twitter results:

186 votes total

86% YES
    14% NO
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited January 2018
    I bought a new one recently even though there was absolutely nothing wrong with my 3-year-old HP - apart from the fact that it couldn't run The Sims 4 very well. I tried to convince myself that I really wasn't buying that €1000+ laptop just to play one game - I have always wanted to play games like GTA V and story-based games like The Walking Dead, so it was just me wanting to game in general, not just me wanting to play TS4... that's what I told myself. I did buy these games and also played them... for a bit. The Sims, on the other hand, I've been obsessed with ever since I bought this gaming laptop. :sweat_smile: Still telling myself "you just wanted to experience gaming in general" but really... it's probably a yes haha.

However, I wouldn't spend too much on it. No more than the €1200 I spent on this one - originally didn't want to go above a thousand, so I already went over budget a bit. I start thinking of all the drinks and clothes and make-up I could buy with those "few" hundred bucks extra and with that in mind, I do consider it a bit of a waste. Also, if with future updates this laptop would no longer be able to play on Ultra, I'd still stick with it. If it has trouble running TS5 in a few years, I'll still stick with it...
    I think. :sweat_smile:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I'm actually planning on buying another one soon. I've been saving up for months now because my laptop is getting old.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    No
    I might, if I had the cash. But, since I don't my old 2011 dell will have to do.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Yes
    I did it for TS3 back in the day. Thankfully, the same computer runs TS4 with ease (although I am running low on hard drive space...).
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes
    I did ask my mom for new parts back in the day. Now, if my computer couldn't play the latest Sims game, it probably wouldn't play most new games either, so I might as well invest in something that works.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Yes
    Seeing as I did buy a new PC a couple of years ago when my laptop couldn't handle the Sims 4...
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Yes
    I’ve done it already... and I would do it again
    21mbz47.jpg