Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How we play (for all simmers whatever version you play)

ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
edited January 2018 in Off Topic Chat
I'm interested in seeing how people generally play the sims when they are actually playing with the sims BUT I'm adding the option for builders or sim creators too so no one feels left out. Oh and this is for all iterations of the sims whatever you currently play 1-4 doesn't matter it is still the sims.
wz3Vdbh.jpg
Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.

How we play (for all simmers whatever version you play) 57 votes

I mostly play challenges and legacies
15%
JBAG521Writin_RegSimplyJen3KNPenRebeccaLynnMrMonty96Cait_lynAfterMidnightElleysims 9 votes
I mostly just go with the flow and play freestyle
47%
CK213LeGardePourpreIdontrcallsimlish1CynnaNeonHighwaysa_niles06JennyggKasanthKiernonorangehippogriffLittlBowBubpandabear1836AngelEb95BigCatlover26aujinehChadSims2KelvinWonderAistrethera 27 votes
I set my own rules and play within them but not a formal challenge
36%
MadameLeeCelticgamer0MLadyAzzeraScarletQueenKatRukola_SchaafAnmirlazagboorulesladybreidkeenowKatiardguezAlourrasillyangel0906EnkiSchmidtbooknovicewx_lixToreshinboGrumpyGlowfishmicheleiNorthDakotaGamerLiaRose1435 21 votes
I'm just here to express my creativity I don't play with the sims aside from that.
0%

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I like play challenges and legacies but I generally will pick and choose parts of challenges that I like and playing them casually rather then playing them to the letter.

I need some direction and goal when I play otherwise I grow bored quite quickly but that direction can be small doesn't need to be a point by point list of things that need to be accomplished.
    ~ ~ ~
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    wish there was an "other" option because
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I tweek rules of the formal challenges to fit my gameplay.
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    I mostly play freestyle but introduce rules as necessary. For example, if I find my worlds filling up too fast I 'pass a law' that limits males to two kids and females to one and families to two kids only until things get back under control.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I tweek rules of the formal challenges to fit my gameplay.

For the most part that is what I do too
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I do challenges normally but I end up doing my own thing after the challenges get easy once you progress enough in them.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I love playing legacies but tend not to keep tabs on points and deductions
  • KiernonKiernon Posts: 47 Member
    I mainly play to build but I couldn't pick creativity because I do sometimes play with the sims themselves ESPECIALLY to make sure my build doesn't have any pathing issues or objects blocked.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I'm actually surprised that so far no one has ticked the last one.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I play both freestyle and challenges with my own rules.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I like play challenges and legacies but I generally will pick and choose parts of challenges that I like and playing them casually rather then playing them to the letter.

I need some direction and goal when I play otherwise I grow bored quite quickly but that direction can be small doesn't need to be a point by point list of things that need to be accomplished.

Same here.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Actually I go with the flow, freestyle, to express my creativity and make up my own rules and challenges.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited January 2018
    &

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I go all over the place
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    The way I play is that I turn off auto aging for the entire world and I play each household for one week at a time in rotation. That way I don't miss anything with auto aging, and I also can have several lots with 8 sims on it that I never play, but use instead to populate the town. I think I'm currently on neighborhood generation 4 (4 sim lifespans). By playing each lot one week, I do not get tired of playing one family, and can make sure brothers and sisters age evenly even if they don't live under the same roof anymore. I've been playing this way since the Sims 2, and it has been my ritual ever since!
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    > @MLadyAzzera said:
    > and I also can have several lots with 8 sims on it that I never play, but use instead to populate the town.

Omg why did I never think of this?? This is so smart!
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I play challenges in some saves but I usually go with the flow in other households. I didn't vote because there wasn't an other option or both.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I set my own rules. I plan on how many babies one is going to have (and the genders), who they'll marry, what job they're going to do, how their lifestyle is going to be etc etc. Sometimes I plan this even before they're born... :lol: