March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Water doesn't appear in-game

I wanted to create a water bowl for pets so I cloned a bird bath (since it has a water layer) as a base and replaced the bird bath with an empty pet bowl keeping the water layer. Then I moved the water down and also cut it to make it smaller so it fits inside the bowl. In Sims 4 Studio (the program I use to make CC) it looks fine:
Vshsui2.png

But in-game the water does not appear at all, I'm not sure why (I put the bird bath next to it for comparison):
qgl6vG8.png

Is there anything else I need to change so the water will show up?

Comments

• minimonsterscottminimonsterscott Posts: 22 Member
    Hi lexus. I have had the same problem with many different items that utilize water. The solution that I found to (usually) work best is to go into Warehouse, and check *each* model's water cut texture definition to make sure that it is pointing to the instance number of the water texture in the .package (and of course make sure that it is using the water shader). It *usually* works that way, however not every time, and I have not had much luck getting cloned water to animate.

I hope this helps...
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I checked it but it seems to be all correct (both texture and shader), so I'm not sure what's wrong...