Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

dine out is riddled with bugs on my first play

12 hours waiting time on my first visit
Waiting staff just standing around chatting
No chefs turning up or simply just chatting at the bar.
I choose my food and drink and sit and wait, and wait but Nada...

These seem to be the same bugs from the PC game
Anybody else getting bugs on dine out for Ps4 or pro please?
Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Comments

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Ive noticed this, i remwmber pc was the same tho at first. I cant seem to make any customers happy either as its taking staff members so long to serve them as they just stand around
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sounds like the pc. They weren't kidding when they said console players would be getting the same experience as pc, right down to the bugs! :p
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I took Vladislaus Straud to Villa Bovine (restaurant) and he got stuck there, without being able to return home. I got a message saying he couldn't do that because of a vampire breaking in! Kind of weird, because I was the vampire.

Then I searched online for a solution and found out this is a common bug for PC users. The solution was to look for the other vampire on the lot that was causing this problem, and I put them to sleep with my vampire powers. Then I could finally go home. :o
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Did they not test the game before it went to console? It’s really crazy that we have the same bugs and issues that pc had. You’d think they’d fix these things before realesing the same game... a second time. If they ever hire for bug testers I’d definitely do it because they obviously need them lol. Just like the sitting bug on pc where your sim magically starts swimming, I’ve encountered that in the console version. WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED? why is the bugs from pc now on console? Whose doing the testing? Or is testing just not a thing lol. They taken 3 years to get the game on console. I feel like they transferred the game to pc to console in a course of a few months with all the same bugs happening...
  • DougyDougy Posts: 47 Member
    Wow . I am not surprised though. I can expect some bugs but from what has been said already , sounds like they barely tested dine out before porting it over .
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    I just had my date get up and go for a jog. When she returned, she would just stand there and talk with other sims. And the food never even came. Had to order it 3 times lol
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I look at how the game is engineered, the Sims are too socially aware and therefore must focus on talking. I do not even know if this is one of those bugs that can truly fixed unless EA/Maxis can make employees do thier job without all the chitchat while the customers can chitchat all they want. What gets me is when the employee forget they are an employee and sits down instead of doing thier job.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    [quote="shotbyron;c-16261162"]I just had my date get up and go for a jog. When she returned, she would just stand there and talk with other sims. And the food never even came. Had to order it 3 times lol[/quote]

That rewlly grinds my gears when they go off for a jog in the middle of interacting.
    Quite often when I invite sims over , they will spontaneously go off jogging or read books or even take my garbage out without even asking .

I can live with somethings in the sims because I don't expect everything to be perfect , but some of the bugs is immersion breaking if I may use that term.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2018
    Ive noticed this, i remwmber pc was the same tho at first. I cant seem to make any customers happy either as its taking staff members so long to serve them as they just stand around

Same here. tho some of the issues, I am having did improve with patches. getting them all over again in a game that took them 3 years to release just makes me a bit annoyed with EA.

Its like the did no fixes at all for console :s

same here, they are unhappy and my toddler is sad or very sad constantly with that annoying trembling lip and sad face i hate that clingy toddlers have constantly if hungry or have other low needs.

so annoying

sims constantly standing up to chat during the meal. with useless chefs and servers.

its only one working it seems is the host, that does a good job, but the rest, in a real job would be fired in a instance.

Its bad enough i cant assign my own sims to chef or serve like they could in OFB but now you can't even visit the diner for a meal like you could in OFB because its buggy.

Why couldn't they just do what they did in OFB :s

I am sorry you are having issues to. lets hope they do sort this out with a fix. we can't get a refund so they need to at least fix it for people who work hard to buy these games.

it not even been out a week :o

Sounds like the pc. They weren't kidding when they said console players would be getting the same experience as pc, right down to the bugs! :p

absolutely. I should have known with this games track record.

if there not taking big features out of large packs
    turning expansions into worlds or game packs
    they are shipping the games riddled with bugs.

I guess i just had hope the console wouldn't have been this buggy.

No they weren't kidding

JPNeko wrote: »
    I took Vladislaus Straud to Villa Bovine (restaurant) and he got stuck there, without being able to return home. I got a message saying he couldn't do that because of a vampire breaking in! Kind of weird, because I was the vampire.

Then I searched online for a solution and found out this is a common bug for PC users. The solution was to look for the other vampire on the lot that was causing this problem, and I put them to sleep with my vampire powers. Then I could finally go home. :o

yes very old and common bugs we get on PC.

rekandtrs wrote: »
    Did they not test the game before it went to console? It’s really crazy that we have the same bugs and issues that pc had. You’d think they’d fix these things before realesing the same game... a second time. If they ever hire for bug testers I’d definitely do it because they obviously need them lol. Just like the sitting bug on pc where your sim magically starts swimming, I’ve encountered that in the console version. WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED? why is the bugs from pc now on console? Whose doing the testing? Or is testing just not a thing lol. They taken 3 years to get the game on console. I feel like they transferred the game to pc to console in a course of a few months with all the same bugs happening...

I agree with you totally. yes it feels like they did ship a unfixed broken game from PC to console :#

Dougy wrote: »
    Wow . I am not surprised though. I can expect some bugs but from what has been said already , sounds like they barely tested dine out before porting it over .

I own dine out for both and the bugs are completely the same.

edited January 2018
    shotbyron wrote: »
    I just had my date get up and go for a jog. When she returned, she would just stand there and talk with other sims. And the food never even came. Had to order it 3 times lol

yes they get up

chat
    go to the toilet
    jog
    read a book
    ect ect

so annoying
    Post edited by marcel21 on

Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I look at how the game is engineered, the Sims are too socially aware and therefore must focus on talking. I do not even know if this is one of those bugs that can truly fixed unless EA/Maxis can make employees do thier job without all the chitchat while the customers can chitchat all they want. What gets me is when the employee forget they are an employee and sits down instead of doing thier job.

it feels like the did a really bad job with dine out much like retail.

yes they chat way too much

anybody remember get to work

chat with parent, co worker constantly instead of working

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Yup, the vets aren’t much better.

With dine out I find if I make all my sims draw on placemat it tends to keep them busy until the food arrives.

Yup, the vets aren’t much better.

With dine out I find if I make all my sims draw on placemat it tends to keep them busy until the food arrives.

I know right :(

I tried that , does not always work out for me. They still get up and chat.

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    My only issue was everyone getting up to chat. They should fix that asap.

And this was my first time running a restaurant and I have to say I'm kinda disappointed. Like the only thing I can do is schmooze customers and pick up dirty dishes. Really wish they would have at least let us wait on tables.

Also I can't figure out what tables are meant to go with booths because they aren't registering as dining spots.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    > @marcel21 said:
    > MidnightAura wrote: »
    >
    > Sounds like the pc. They weren't kidding when they said console players would be getting the same experience as pc, right down to the bugs! :p
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > absolutely. I should have known with this games track record.
    >
    > if there not taking big features out of large packs
    > turning expansions into worlds or game packs
    > they are shipping the games riddled with bugs.
    >
    > I guess i just had hope the console wouldn't have been this buggy.
    >
    > No they weren't kidding

Unfortunately anything in the gaming industry with the letters EA, are bound to have these issues. Big part of the reason I waited and bought this game on sale. EA likes to push product as fast as possible without any real testing. They also love to milk DLC for max profit. Which is why us console games will be waiting at least a year before we are caught up to PC. Instead of releasing it all at once or better yet, releasing it all on disk. They'll release it in pieces.
    Unfortunately anything in the gaming industry with the letters EA, are bound to have these issues. Big part of the reason I waited and bought this game on sale. EA likes to push product as fast as possible without any real testing. They also love to milk DLC for max profit. Which is why us console games will be waiting at least a year before we are caught up to PC. Instead of releasing it all at once or better yet, releasing it all on disk. They'll release it in pieces. [/quote]

So true . I love the sims series and this is typical of EA . Their bottom line is all that matters. They will milk it for all it's worth .

This is why I am waiting on buying anymore any more dlc till they start prioritizing bug fixes over porting more DLC .

They haven't even fixed the inane * pun intended* glitching since launch .
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Oh yes,even when you task your sim to do a task the sim half does it and soon as I turned my head or something my sim would chatting with another employee or customer unrelated to her or his role as an employee.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Tagging @SimGuruNick
  • DarthSliverDarthSliver Posts: 14 New Member
    Yeah I’ve had these similar issues just at home, can’t seem to get my house to stay on task all the time. Resorted to calling them names to make myself feel better lol.
    Currently just saving for money to split my household up but no rush either because I want parenthood pack before I make my sims do the deed lol
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    shotbyron wrote: »
    > @marcel21 said:
    > MidnightAura wrote: »
    >
    > Sounds like the pc. They weren't kidding when they said console players would be getting the same experience as pc, right down to the bugs! :p
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > absolutely. I should have known with this games track record.
    >
    > if there not taking big features out of large packs
    > turning expansions into worlds or game packs
    > they are shipping the games riddled with bugs.
    >
    > I guess i just had hope the console wouldn't have been this buggy.
    >
    > No they weren't kidding

Unfortunately anything in the gaming industry with the letters EA, are bound to have these issues. Big part of the reason I waited and bought this game on sale. EA likes to push product as fast as possible without any real testing. They also love to milk DLC for max profit. Which is why us console games will be waiting at least a year before we are caught up to PC. Instead of releasing it all at once or better yet, releasing it all on disk. They'll release it in pieces.

Don't think we will ever be caught up because new content is always coming for PC. I just hope they can find a balance of adding new content and old content to the console. I really dont want to wait a year for them to add laundry day, cats and dogs, and the new gamepack.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    > @LoveMcQueen5683 said:
    > shotbyron wrote: »
    >
    > > @marcel21 said:
    > > MidnightAura wrote: »
    > >
    > > Sounds like the pc. They weren't kidding when they said console players would be getting the same experience as pc, right down to the bugs! :p
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > absolutely. I should have known with this games track record.
    > >
    > > if there not taking big features out of large packs
    > > turning expansions into worlds or game packs
    > > they are shipping the games riddled with bugs.
    > >
    > > I guess i just had hope the console wouldn't have been this buggy.
    > >
    > > No they weren't kidding
    >
    > Unfortunately anything in the gaming industry with the letters EA, are bound to have these issues. Big part of the reason I waited and bought this game on sale. EA likes to push product as fast as possible without any real testing. They also love to milk DLC for max profit. Which is why us console games will be waiting at least a year before we are caught up to PC. Instead of releasing it all at once or better yet, releasing it all on disk. They'll release it in pieces.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't think we will ever be caught up because new content is always coming for PC. I just hope they can find a balance of adding new content and old content to the console. I really dont want to wait a year for them to add laundry day, cats and dogs, and the new gamepack.

Yeah sadly I don't think we'll get all the content anytime soon. If they were in a hurry to release it, we would have gotten more than a game pack and a few stuff packs by now :/