Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First thing in the morning, my sim will...

igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
Okay, my turn. Always wanted to do one of these, now that we can let's see how it turns out. It's first thing in a typical morning, the sim you are now playing (or have played the most recently) just woke up. What's the first thing they do?
o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
NRaas has moved!
Our new site is at http://nraas.net
Post edited by igazor on

First thing in the morning, my sim will... 146 votes

Cook or Have Breakfast
32%
Emily4331suzsesdespina53thundrwilowroseCororonqueenmaybellineElanoreAlexandriaalanmichael1MikezumiemorrillRodJohnmegan_mariaAnthonydyercheesetruckigazorjjames041KarritzLizzyBalletBettyboop55dogdancer 48 votes
Rush Off to Work/School
5%
blacksheba1973Magdaleenahunniboo1king_of_simcity7budewarminbooknoviceNikkei_SimmerDampenedLeaves 8 votes
Tend to Their Personal Hygiene (shower, brush teeth, gussy up)
39%
Idontrcallcarlystur03Jaline33cianejaletu2005Jessa_DakkarWritin_RegRukola_SchaafMamaSimTeeOGPoohPeachesnDucksParyEmoFlowersJoAnne65SimplyJenfxchrfxchrGabbyGirlJlisasc360Meela_Pashtstarguru 58 votes
Take Care of the Kids
5%
dreamerz13mw1525Ninja-Dan22ShadowGirl2017Katie_LouPatienceTheVirtuestardustsimsJustSavannah 8 votes
Do Something Athletic (workout, jog, go for a swim) or Fun (watch tv, play a game)
2%
ApparentlyAwesomeIreneSwiftFireDash15 3 votes
Do Something Romantic/Woohoo
2%
CravenLestatKelvintrethera 3 votes
Annoy or Be Mean to Someone
0%
MidnightAura 1 vote
Have a Drink
0%
Go Back to Bed, It's Too Early
2%
KelleygirlRsandaKilov17JustALonelyHeart 4 votes
Something Else (specify in the comments)
8%
JeansooSillyhartluvblazerntqcwaddellBlackSandAellaniiScottDemonplushtrap_107ButtersimsShojoDaggerShadowmarkedMerelhynChi5678 13 votes

Comments

• IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Oh, these polls have been fun. Typically they take care of personal hygiene because that's important, lol.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Great poll,to bad kidnapping unsuspecting townies and turning them into mindless baby factories wasn't an option.So went with romantic/ woohoo
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    Great poll,to bad kidnapping unsuspecting townies and turning them into mindless baby factories wasn't an option.So went with romantic/ woohoo
    Yes, that one cuts across several categories (Romantic, Athletic/Fun, Annoy Someone), depending on how it's done. I can see where you might have hesitated over the limited choices provided. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Rush Off to Work/School
    I will send Sims to work or school. The can eat when they get there and of they have bad hygiene and a negative moodlet why not give every other Sim a bad moodlet as well? :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited January 2018

Something else - make their bed.

In my latest game I am trying out roommates. There are 3 sisters who have 5 male roommates. All eight of them have the neat trait. :) ETA: they all make their bed autonomously, as well as clean up, etc.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    I usually have my sims hungry for the morning. They have work at 8am. My sims and I are morning people!

As for my evil sims, they will without a doubt, fight with eachother and other sims :/
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Annoy or Be Mean to Someone
    My current legacy heir is going through a very long mood swing. She hates her parents and autonomously berates her Mums ignorance every morning. Typical stroppy teen lol
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Shower. My sims all have Steel Bladder so the shower is the first thing. Then eat, then have some fun, then off to school/work.

But now I want to play a game where the first thing my sims do is get a drink. I wonder if I can fit a keg right in my sims' bedroom... I'm playing a married couple, I suppose an early morning keg stand would be an invigorating way to start the day.
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I almost always have my sims make their beds as soon as they wake up.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Garden (small) ... Then work out and get cleaned up.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Go to the toilet, if they have a steel bladder, eat or shower (what's the lowest) when all the things are still a nice, bright green, I let them work on their skills for a bit or just let them go to school/work already if the game allows me.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited January 2018
    This. Then I sit back and watch them rushing off to work/school.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Do Something Athletic (workout, jog, go for a swim) or Fun (watch tv, play a game)
    I chose athletic, because the first major thing my sims do in the morning is jog or work out. I almost always have them make the bed first, but sometimes I have them leave the bed until after they've finished their workout and showered. Sometimes I forget to send them back and the bed stays unmade all day. But working out or jogging always gets done. Even when they're in a WA world doing exploring, they go for their morning jog before having breakfast and getting on with the adventures. Even when they have to sleep in a tomb, I sometimes give them a portable stereo in their personal inventory, and they do a workout right there in the tomb.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    I chose "Tend to their personal hygiene needs" since I will send of my SS to use the toilet before she does anything else. Then she might take a shower/bath before fixing her something to eat. I don't have to rush her around to get things done since she is a self-employed painter and she writes books on the side to help earn some more money... :)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Nothing like a shower to wake you up and get the day started right! My Sims are the same. These polls are fun.
  • sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    My sims are chaotic and everything is super spontaneous but on a good day breakfast will be served
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    This. Then I sit back and watch them rushing off to work/school.

It does let them start work in a good mood. :) It will also make the bed :) .

When I played a hotel/boarding house game a few years ago one sim was the manager and had to be neat and do all the housework. All the other sims had to be slobs and could not be directed to make beds, clean up , etc and were locked out of the kitchen. I would sort of cheat by having couples woohoo to make their beds. Otherwise the overworked manager would do it. She was run ragged and in some ways it was not a fun game to play.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I hate to send them to school/work when they're hungry, but I hate more to send them when they stink. just can't stand those green fumes coming out from them. other activities can be done during the day (even at the rabbitholes they eat around ~12). Funny how the sims (once again!) reflects to ourselfs, because I like to go to the shower and start freash in the morning, even if i'm hungery i'll just say to myself, okay i'll just eat at work.
  • chxnelchxnel Posts: 57 Member
    Definitely when they shower. The thing about prioritizing showering, is that no matter what your sim at work/school will use the toilet when their bladder is low, and will eat at around lunch time. They can't shower there. So gotta make sure the things they can't do later are done first!
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    My family always sit down to breakfast first thing. The kids have to go to school with a good moodlet from a perfect meal and have had at least one wish granted. As for the pair of uncontrolled sims in my current game, it is generally something romantic/woohoo but they wake up very early because I don't stretch the sleep bar because they are hands-off so have time to spare before they are called to breakfast.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Take Care of the Kids
    My sims have a toddler. Having to tend to him is rather unavoidable. But they also just like him and will fight over who gets to take care of him. Usually mom wins and will hang out with him and play with him. And dad will go back to bed.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    I decided to play until morning in my game to more accurately answer the question. Needless to say, it's been over an hour and I'm still playing.
    • Mara fed the bird, then changed Nicole's diaper.
    • Stacy went fishing.
    • Nikolas ate cheesesteak.
    • Hubert ate spaghetti.
    I decided to go with eat breakfast.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    First thing my sims do is shower and brush their teeth. Even at the expense of them missing breakfast before work or school.
    Good grooming and personal hygeine is essential ! :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    My sims always wake up hungry, so there aren't many activities they're willing to do before eating. There'll be a group meal or two of leftovers waiting in the fridge, and who doesn't like eating cobbler for breakfast? (The kids get baked angel food cake if they've been good, and if someone knows how to make it.) If a baby or toddler needs tending, I'll choose a sim who will still have time to eat and do something fun before school or work, but with toddlers at least I try to have them on a schedule that works for the rest of the family. The only other exception is when I have a writer, who will watch TV to max out fun, then eat and then get to work. I just don't want to waste any part of that beautiful perfect meal moodlet while they're not writing.

In early games, when the family has only a cheap TV (or none at all) and no other way to have a lot of fun in a short amount of time, the couple has a quick woohoo every single morning just before the carpool arrives, or even on days off before starting to work on skills. Happy moodlets all around!

Also, I would like to note that going back to bed because it's too early is my move, not my sims'. Unlike me, they manage their time well and almost always get precisely enough sleep, waking up just in time to tend to their needs before work or school. I should really work on that.
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Cook or Have Breakfast
    I went with breakfast, but really it depends on whichever motive needs filling first upon waking. (Including taking care of the triplets, ugh!)