Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death and Danger in The Sims 4!

Comments

• MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    I liked the darker humour when it came to death and danger in previous sims games... Sims 4 is too mild in that matter.
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    I have only seen one Sim die throughout my time playing the Sims 4, and that around early December last year. I believe it was a vampire NPC Sims that died because of the sun. A good upgrade that could ump the danger is the possibility of dying when a Sim is sick. I remember back in the Sims 2 or 3, not sure which, when Sims got sick, you had the possibility of them dying if they did not take care of their sickness, and you had the possibility to get vaccinated to prevent illness. In the Sims 4, your Sim just gets sick, and you have to wait it out, without no side effects. Just a waiting game. You can not go to the Doctor to alleviate your sickness, you just have the option to drink orange juice. That should be changed.

For Vampires, it would be great if actual vampire killers were unleashed in the game. I've read that the game has code for a Vampire Hunter, and it would be nice if that was activated. Sure the sun is a danger to vampires, but their needs to be more danger to being an all powerful vampire, plus being a Vampire Hunter would be an awesome hobby.

What I loved about the Sims 2 were the ghosts that scared people to death. If only that was a possibility in the Sims 4. Fright and fear should definitely make a return to the game, even the possibility of phobias. Whether it be dogs, cats, ghosts, vampires to even cake, that would be a really neat addition.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited January 2018
    1. It takes too dang long to kill sims via pool. I mean, seriously, it takes basically a whole day and night, plus you have to wall/fence the pool in to do it. Come on, now.

2. It takes too dang long to kill an imprisoned NPC via starvation. They keep whipping out magic sandwiches! It's like The Amazing Mumford up in here!

3. It takes too dang long to deliberately kill an NPC sim with any negative emotion. Oh, want to kill with anger? Sadness? Embarrassment? Nope. Not today, friendo. Not without, like, 40 angry pieces of art, at least...

4. Ghosts are too socially active in mainstream venues. Clubs, bars, parks...they just keep doing everything and going everywhere they did in life. That syphons all of the mystery and spookiness out of them!

5. Ghosts act too much like normal sims in general. They rise from the grave and what do they do? Go right for the computer like any other sim. Lame.

6. Life's not as exciting without the burglars. Sure, they could be annoying sometimes, but a burglar alarm does wonders for catching the scoundrels in the act and carting them away. Plus, they make great targets for spell-casting practice if you have a witch/warlock sim in the house... >:)

7. We need death notifications for our sims' friends and family members who aren't in the same household or on the same lot when they kick the bucket. Say, they get a call on their ever-present phone that tells them that their mom or dad or sister or bowling buddy just bit the big one and they get an appropriate moodlet afterward.

8. Sims with bad relationships go right for the friendly actions autonomously, just like if their relationship was good or neutral. They should go for mean and mischievous actions primarily...especially when their relationship bar is entirely or almost entirely red.

9. Not enough subtle mean interactions. Most of them are really childish and over-the-top. Where are the snide, sarcastic, catty options that our sims spout off with a devilish smirk and crossed arms or a quirk of an eyebrow? How can we make conniving, charismatic villains when all of the mean interactions are so rough and rowdy?

10. We really should have a fighting skill that makes for more dynamic fight scenes. The normal fights are so lame, but the vampiric duels and sparring matches are more dynamic, mainly because of the moments where a sim will slide out of the fight cloud in a cool pose and the way they launch themselves at each other when the fight starts. Normal fights have no oomph to them at all. It's just a cartoon dust cloud and a couple of floundering blows here and there, and it's all over. Maybe my mind has been rotted by 20-some-odd years of kung fu movies and shonen anime, but I want more action out of my brawls...and a swordsmanship skill...

11. Keeping NPC sims prisoner is impossible. Just...dangit impossible.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    7. We need death notifications for our sims' friends and family members who aren't in the same household or on the same lot when they kick the bucket. Say, they get a call on their ever-present phone that tells them that their mom or dad or sister or bowling buddy just bit the big one and they get an appropriate moodlet afterward.
    I agree with everything you said, but especially this!! Death's a big deal and it isn't really treated like that all the time in the sims.

• SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I agree as well
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    According to the LS about laundry, drying clothes can be dangerous and maybe deadly.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    More consequences for our Sims (Like in TS2 and TS3) please!

Also Burglars
    a256aFi.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes we need more deaths. It's probably the biggest reason why TS4 is boring & predictable. I'm glad that in the Laundry Day stuff pack there is a new danger.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Yes we need more deaths. It's probably the biggest reason why TS4 is boring & predictable. I'm glad that in the Laundry Day stuff pack there is a new danger.

Two possible deaths. One by fixing a broken electronic washer while standing in a puddle of water. The other, a dirty lint trap that catches on fire and you catch on fire and you die.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I think Graham did say during the livestream that they have realised that we want more danger in The Sims - which is why the tumble dryer has a chance of setting your sims on fire... this is a good start in my opinion!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    This is why I love the Meteor Attacks in Sims 3. They rarely happened but when they did, mass catastrophe! I have had sims die of embarrassment before but never of hysteria or anger.

I once had about 7 sims die from a meteor strike while arriving at the dorm. I was so shocked as the grimm reaper took 5 real life minutes to reap them all. It was hilarious, but because I was just starting a game it wasn't a big deal at all, it was the most fun random thing that ever happened to me.

I also once forgot to unlock my sim's room door at the dorm and a vampire roomate couldn't get out so he died of thirst. I was laughing so hard, because it happened at such a random time, all I remember was I was playing good old sally with my sim and out of nothing this guy turns into dust in my sim's room with dramatic music playing over it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @Sigzy05 My boss walked behind me and said "haha cute" about the gif in your signature and seeing as how he's a very serious russian guy, I thought it'd be funny to share!
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    I think they could have done better with Ghosts in the game. They ain't scury. Tried to make a haunted house and the ghosts showed up and started chatting with my Sims as if nothing supernatural was occurring.
    I was like 'Okay, LoL.'
    I love the dark humor, too. It was probably one of my favorite parts of the older games. I was a kid when I played Sims 2 and nothing in it was too much for me to handle.
    I remember once my mom let me play one of her saved games and before I realized it, I had starved to death one of her favorite sims. Now it takes forever for a sim to die of starvation. It's practically impossible to do it by accident now.
    I would like it if they stopped worrying about the 'sensitive' crowd and brought back stuff like burglars. You could even add in a security system to prevent or decrease the chances of a burglary. I would like it if you could actually 'be' the burglar and break into people's houses. This shouldn't be too much of a stretch since vampires can break and enter now, too (Which I am glad they made the vampires more morally ambiguous).
    And I have to cheat to get aliens to abduct my sims. Otherwise, it's impossible. Kind of takes the fun out of it.
    Maybe I'm criticising it too much. This is just stuff that I've thought about every now and then.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    They made TS4 as a giant safe space for offended sims I think. It's quite difficult to kill a sim now, without major effort or just using a cheat.
    Not for offended sims, offended players.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I think Graham did say during the livestream that they have realised that we want more danger in The Sims - which is why the tumble dryer has a chance of setting your sims on fire... this is a good start in my opinion!

If this is true, that's good, at least.
    I agree more scary moments please!
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I don't want more deaths and danger, I'm fine with what we have, some of them are already a bit over the top for my taste (like kitchen fires at low skill). I would be ok with random events though, as long as they don't cause death.
    I hate bees, spiders and snakes maybe have them have phobias of those things
    I wish there was a way to select how often accidental deaths and things like that occur- a bit of control over that would go along way for a lot of people.
    Yeah I agree
    AmeliaNova wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to select how often accidental deaths and things like that occur- a bit of control over that would go along way for a lot of people.

Then it wouldn't be an accident, just killing off your sims. I like to be surprised every so often.
    Yeah me too...even though it bout gives me a heart attack seeing that
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

The new laundry stuff pack has 2 new ways to die. Your dryer can catch fire if you don't change lint filter. You can also get electrocuted trying to fix washer if there's puddle in front of it. I agree that this game is a bit predictable.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    AmeliaNova wrote: »

I think lot traits would be perfect for something like this. Like having a lot trait that increases chances of deadly fires or something along those lines.